[OnePlus 8 Pro][ROM][OTA][Oxygen OS] Repo of Oxygen OS Builds

Search This thread

SourPower

Nov 21, 2014
East
thank you uploading the new update.

i messed up after installing the full F.62 and restarting accordingly, i thought i would be able to uninstall magisk and restore images and then install the new ota f.63 update which seemed to have soft bricked my phone, i was able to boot to recovery and bootloader but then after plugging my phone into the PC, it somehow factory reset everything? is it possible my phone flashed to the another partition? any hope of restoring?

karib97

May 20, 2017
OnePlus 8 Pro
thank you uploading the new update.

i messed up after installing the full F.62 and restarting accordingly, i thought i would be able to uninstall magisk and restore images and then install the new ota f.63 update which seemed to have soft bricked my phone, i was able to boot to recovery and bootloader but then after plugging my phone into the PC, it somehow factory reset everything? is it possible my phone flashed to the another partition? any hope of restoring?

I had exactly the same issue ! All gone !

Reactions: SourPower

SourPower

Nov 21, 2014
East
:(
- Uninstall Magisk
- Perform partial update
- Reinstall Magisk to inactive slot
- Reboot

I thought these steps would work but somehow it got me into the bootloop and then after I connected my phone to PC it just booted into F.62 but with everything formatted.
does anyone know how it formatted everything by itself from a softbrick without any MSM tool or other processes?
so sad to seemingly lose all my photos and data :(

tfae

Feb 14, 2015
OnePlus 8 Pro
:(
- Uninstall Magisk
- Perform partial update
- Reinstall Magisk to inactive slot
- Reboot

I thought these steps would work but somehow it got me into the bootloop and then after I connected my phone to PC it just booted into F.62 but with everything formatted.
does anyone know how it formatted everything by itself from a softbrick without any MSM tool or other processes?
so sad to seemingly lose all my photos and data :(
Next time:
1. Install FULL update and DON'T reboot
2. Go to Magisk -> Install and select "Install to Inactive Slot (After OTA)"
3. Reboot
4. Done

SourPower

Nov 21, 2014
East
Next time:
1. Install FULL update and DON'T reboot
2. Go to Magisk -> Install and select "Install to Inactive Slot (After OTA)"
3. Reboot
4. Done
I was able to do that for the full rom but I thought it was possible to uninstall/restore img for magisk, update OTA and then install magisk back

Nimueh

Recognized Contributor
May 19, 2012
OnePlus 3
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series

Leafron

Apr 16, 2023
Hi guys. Not sure if this is the right place to be asking this question, but how do I root/Magisk my OnePlus 8 Pro? It's Build Number is IN2023_11_C.33, Android Version is 12. I have never attempted rooting before, and I could really use some detailed (yet simple) help here. I have tried looking into how to do so in the forums, but I'm afraid it's all too technical for me to understand the procedures. I'm hoping someone could guide me over here. Thank you.

Zubovv

Jul 14, 2018
did you solve your problem?

anyone here who had no problem. i want to update from F62 to F63 but now iam scarry
Always make a BACKUP before any action. Everything you do, do at your own peril and risk.
I had to restore the phone with the loss of all data. I then flashed to f13. Unlocked the bootloader, installed the Delta magisk, launched an update to f63 native on the phone. Didn't do anything in Magisk, but just completed the installation of the update. After the phone started without magisk stitched. I patched the boot, sewed it up and everything works

tfae

Feb 14, 2015
OnePlus 8 Pro
Since many versions, probably all android 13,
It reboots automatically for me. So I always need pc next to me so I can root it via fastboot
As I always update via Oxygen Updater, I just follow the instructions they provide.
Since OOS13 that they list a few of alternative APK (by OnePlus themselves) that allow to do the local update without rebooting.

I've used it today to update to F.64.
I'm using this one.

Attachments

• OPLocalUpdate_For_Android12.apk
    3.3 MB · Views: 60

jimger

As I always update via Oxygen Updater, I just follow the instructions they provide.
Since OOS13 that they list a few of alternative APK (by OnePlus themselves) that allow to do the local update without rebooting.

I've used it today to update to F.64.
I'm using this one.
I will try that. I have the apk that allows local upgrade (I don't reboot myself). It just reboots itself after it finishes extracting the image to install... WIll try also your apk. Cheers

Top Liked Posts