• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Oneplus 8 pro Soft bricked-fastboot loop

Search This thread

SamOne2

Oct 27, 2021
I bought phone in Australia it had Android 11 I tried to flash oxygen os 11 using fastboot but the phone is stuck in fastboot loop.
I tried almost every step on google.
Unable to put phone in EDL mode to flash phone to oxygen using MSM tool .
Is there any way to put phone in EDL mode?

Is it possible what I am trying Moving from Android 11 to Oxygen OS
Thank you for you help guys

magicmckinney

Oct 9, 2012
I bought phone in Australia it had Android 11 I tried to flash oxygen os 11 using fastboot but the phone is stuck in fastboot loop.

Thank you for you help guys
Did you do a reset from recovery?

magicmckinney

Oct 9, 2012
Yes I did reset - wipe all data. still no go. I just flashed jaguar rom which worked fine but unable to flash Oxygen OS
Then try one of the fastboot roms. I have had my best luck with Android 10 versions. Once you get any OOS, you can easily do a OTA update to the rom of your choice.
EDL is really hard to get into from Windows 10/11. The only way I can get it to work is on an old machine with Windows 7.

xtcislove

Jan 17, 2010
Gummersbach
OnePlus 8 Pro

Thank you for you help guy

EDL mode works. Simply follow the procedure but press start before you connect your phone and dont connect any other android device. EDL mode does not work exactly as described in the thread here but it works well.

Reactions: SamOne2

SamOne2

Oct 27, 2021
Then try one of the fastboot roms. I have had my best luck with Android 10 versions. Once you get any OOS, you can easily do a OTA update to the rom of your choice.
EDL is really hard to get into from Windows 10/11. The only way I can get it to work is on an old machine with Windows 7.
I tried few times ..it's failing on param preload failed...

magicmckinney

Oct 9, 2012
If you tried the Android 10 version then your only choice is to MSM it back to stock.
Try this
Turn your phone off.
Fire up the MSM Download Tool. Hit start in the Download tool so it will be sniffing for a phone.
Hold down volume up & volume down while plugging your phone into your computer. When the MSM progran connects and starts installing, let go of the buttons.
If it doesn't work, you just need to keep trying it. Make sure you hit vol+/- at the same time and hold for a few seconds, plug in the USB cable, then let off the vol keys. It's difficult to do and get right with two hands.
Sometimes it will also work if hard reset out of the boot process which means hit VU+VD+Power when it is booting up. Just make sure you have hit the Start button in the MSM toll so it will be searching for your phone and auto start when it catches your phone in the right mode.

You can also run adb reboot edl.

Last edited:
Reactions: SamOne2

SamOne2

Oct 27, 2021
If you tried the Android 10 version then your only choice is to MSM it back to stock.
Try this
Turn your phone off.
Fire up the MSM Download Tool. Hit start in the Download tool so it will be sniffing for a phone.
Hold down volume up & volume down while plugging your phone into your computer. When the MSM progran connects and starts installing, let go of the buttons.
If it doesn't work, you just need to keep trying it. Make sure you hit vol+/- at the same time and hold for a few seconds, plug in the USB cable, then let off the vol keys. It's difficult to do and get right with two hands.
Sometimes it will also work if hard reset out of the boot process which means hit VU+VD+Power when it is booting up. Just make sure you have hit the Start button in the MSM toll so it will be searching for your phone and auto start when it catches your phone in the right mode.
Thank you..I will try that.. I just tried to flash but it kept throwing param preload failed... I have uninstaled and reinstalled Qualcomm drivers, still same

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    15.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

SamOne2

Oct 27, 2021

Flashing is not allowed for Critical Partitions when flashing using fastboot​

I tired these command but it shwos already unlcoked
fastboot flashing unlock
fastboot flashing unlock_critical
Is there fix to unlock critical partitions

magicmckinney

Oct 9, 2012
Thank you..I will try that.. I just tried to flash but it kept throwing param preload failed... I have uninstaled and reinstalled Qualcomm drivers, still same
Looking around, the vast majority of problems people encounter while trying the MSM Tool is with the Qualcomm drivers.
Check this site for MSM errors and fixes.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thank you for you help guy

EDL mode works. Simply follow the procedure but press start before you connect your phone and dont connect any other android device. EDL mode does not work exactly as described in the thread here but it works well.
    Try this
    Turn your phone off.

You can also run adb reboot edl.
    Thank you everyone.. I was able to flash using MSM