• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Oneplus 8 pro touch latency is bad for gaming

Search This thread

zohaibshafijutt

May 10, 2015
Lahore
Hello everyone.
I have converted from Rog Phone 2 to Oneplus 8 Pro as the bottom port of my rog phone 2 got damaged and was giving hot temperature warning all the time. My model is IN2020. I am a gamer and I have noticed that as compared to rog phone 2 the touch is slow as I do not think it to be 240hz touch sampling rate at all. I play pubg at 90 fps using [email protected] and same display settings for COD Mobile but 60 fps. I can feel the slow touch response even while scrolling. I would like to know if someone has converted from gaming phone and having the same problem.
Thanks

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
Hello everyone.
I have converted from Rog Phone 2 to Oneplus 8 Pro as the bottom port of my rog phone 2 got damaged and was giving hot temperature warning all the time. My model is IN2020. I am a gamer and I have noticed that as compared to rog phone 2 the touch is slow as I do not think it to be 240hz touch sampling rate at all. I play pubg at 90 fps using [email protected] and same display settings for COD Mobile but 60 fps. I can feel the slow touch response even while scrolling. I would like to know if someone has converted from gaming phone and having the same problem.
Thanks

As a gamer on pc and phones (emulators not the games you've mentioned) I play at 144hz and 200hz on a G-Sync Acer predator z35, but it's dependent on the game and if I can push those FPS, just because a screen is capable doesn't mean your CPU/GPU is.

I would recommend matching the game refresh rate.

You've got a 30fps overhead there PUBG and a 60fps overhead on cod.

Reduce the QHD to FHD, the difference is negligible.

If any of these games can actually run at 120hz then I'd recommend using 120hz, make sure game mode is on for these apps.

Make sure you are actually getting a locked 120fps not 90 or 60.

Remove any other motion smoothing for these apps, they won't help and will reduce input.

zohaibshafijutt

May 10, 2015
Lahore
As a gamer on pc and phones (emulators not the games you've mentioned) I play at 144hz and 200hz on a G-Sync Acer predator z35, but it's dependent on the game and if I can push those FPS, just because a screen is capable doesn't mean your CPU/GPU is.

I would recommend matching the game refresh rate.

You've got a 30fps overhead there PUBG and a 60fps overhead on cod.

Reduce the QHD to FHD, the difference is negligible.

If any of these games can actually run at 120hz then I'd recommend using 120hz, make sure game mode is on for these apps.

Make sure you are actually getting a locked 120fps not 90 or 60.

Remove any other motion smoothing for these apps, they won't help and will reduce input.
Well I have turned the display resolution to FHD+. The touch response is better now than QHD+.