Oneplus 8 Pro VOLTE - Android 11

Search This thread

Ace91

Feb 18, 2016
I'm not sure if you're having issues cause of the In2020 is the Chinese varient , what network are you on ?

What difference that it make that this is the Chinese variant, I'm on a middle eastern cellular network.
Those are the same symptoms that you've encountered.
I'm searching for a solution - not for prove that we have exact model and cellular network.

Gk0001

Oct 17, 2020
What difference that it make that this is the Chinese variant, I'm on a middle eastern cellular network.
Those are the same symptoms that you've encountered.
I'm searching for a solution - not for prove that we have exact model and cellular network.

Chill out man I'm trying to determine if its because the variant doesn't match the network antennas.

ansher

May 29, 2007
Folks, I am going to repeat a sim swap to Pixel which supports volte , make a couple calls ensuring it stays lte during the call and then swap back to north american OP 8 PRO .

Don't have a crystal ball but 90% confident will not have an effect.

Actually if this works with other users does not prove anything for me because too many things at play... Network, provider, phone model...

Stay tuned.

Mattycee

I am keen to hear any feedback on this as well. Some random people on the carrier I am on (Telstra Australia) have had VoLTE/Wifi enable on Android 11 by itself, but it is localised to a particular state in Australia (Victoria) and no other states seems to have had it activated yet, so it could be a combination of both carrier, location and also model number.
All I know is it doesn't work on mine, despite the toggles being available to me and turned on.

Gk0001

Oct 17, 2020
Volte and wifi calling work fine out of the box for me using TMobile USA via IN2025 device.
Had to turn the pesky status bar icon off.

Sweet ! Def Lucky based on what I've seen for others , mine wasn't working in the beginning until what i did on page 1 then Volte started working. 5G was working right after 11 update nothing needed to be changed , is your 5G working too ?

Gk0001

Oct 17, 2020
I am keen to hear any feedback on this as well. Some random people on the carrier I am on (Telstra Australia) have had VoLTE/Wifi enable on Android 11 by itself, but it is localised to a particular state in Australia (Victoria) and no other states seems to have had it activated yet, so it could be a combination of both carrier, location and also model number.
All I know is it doesn't work on mine, despite the toggles being available to me and turned on.

Maybe try using volte if you're ever in that region I feel like this may toggle something in the phone to register volte on the network ? Could possibly work in your city once you're back if it somehow works in Victoria ?

Limeybastard

• Oct 3, 2013
    Florida unfortunately.
    Sweet ! Def Lucky based on what I've seen for others , mine wasn't working in the beginning until what i did on page 1 then Volte started working. 5G was working right after 11 update nothing needed to be changed , is your 5G working too ?

I don't know mate. I don't have a 5G sim card to test, will get one later. Although there is no 5G in my residential area.

kazlow

Mar 9, 2008
    Hi haven't some of you lost the volte with your operator, following the update of the last open beta 3?

i did which was annoying and ive been trying every single thing since yesterday and cant get it back, i can get the phone to connect to qpst to change carrier policy but it wont work , i need it to connect to pdc again but thats not happening cause it needs driver upgrade to be recognized and i dont know how to get around that. beta 1 no volte beta 2 volte worked then now like you stated its gone with beta 3 !

J

jacobwh

Lool people are getting way off the topic. The real problem now is can anyone figure out a way to get our device discoverable on the PDC tool so we can alter the VoLTE profiles... since the latest beta update even when the Full Port switch is turned on via Engineering Mode, PDC cannot detect the device anymore...

kazlow

Mar 9, 2008
    Lool people are getting way off the topic. The real problem now is can anyone figure out a way to get our device discoverable on the PDC tool so we can alter the VoLTE profiles... since the latest beta update even when the Full Port switch is turned on via Engineering Mode, PDC cannot detect the device anymore...
    ive been trying to ge an to this since beta 1

zellleonhart

Jan 19, 2013

Exactly, those with VOLTE working out of the box need not apply, it could be due to your carrier already supporting it without any tweak. Is there any newer PDC tool available now?

jacobwh

Oct 29, 2020
    Don't get off topic here, it's about PDC not region-based VoLTE or 5g availability

Hi.... I,ve Volte working. I,ve A11 and my telephone operator is vodafone.

Lol anyone with VoLTE or 5g working natively, or doesn't require extensive steps (like opening engineering full port mode and hooking up to PDC, not including the *#800# method) to activate, just shut up, this thread does not apply to you. This thread apply to those who don't have native VoLTE and has used the PDC tool to activate the VoLTE profiles in the past.

The real problem here is WHETHER THERE IS A WAY TO CONNECT TO PDC AFTER ANDROID 11 UPDATE, not a check-in post of whether VoLTE and/or 5g is working in your area. Geez people, understand the context before posting your unhelpful replies, you may be drowning out those useful solutions that are posted here.

Reactions: dearshakya

Ace91

Feb 18, 2016
    Android 11 PDC connection

Lol anyone with VoLTE or 5g working natively, or doesn't require extensive steps (like opening engineering full port mode and hooking up to PDC, not including the *#800# method) to activate, just shut up, this thread does not apply to you. This thread apply to those who don't have native VoLTE and has used the PDC tool to activate the VoLTE profiles in the past.

The real problem here is WHETHER THERE IS A WAY TO CONNECT TO PDC AFTER ANDROID 11 UPDATE, not a check-in post of whether VoLTE and/or 5g is working in your area. Geez people, understand the context before posting your unhelpful replies, you may be drowning out those useful solutions that are posted here.

You are 100% correct.
    We need to know if there is a way to connect to PDC after Android 11 update in order to modify the VoLTE regional profiles.

Reactions: dearshakya

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Works in Poland OP 8 Pro on 11.0.5.5.IN11AA VoLTE/VoWiFi. Thanks
      I have managed to make volte and wifi calling working with Freedom Mobile (Canada) on Oxygen OS 11.0.2.2 OP8PRO (Android 11). Both sim cards are in use, lte switches from data sim to freedom sim during the volte call which is pretty cool.
      Hi, I have provided the pdc connection with what is explained in the link below and activated the volte. My device Oneplus 8 Pro in2023 android version 11.0.2.2.IN11AA (non-root)

Man I cannot believe the instructions were buried in a Turkish forum when on XDA and one plus forums people were going bonkers about it. Not sure if you are part of that forum but you can say big thank to the guy for the instructions (and lucky chrome has built in translation).

I think OP should probably update the first post with the link to the forum.
      Hi, I have provided the pdc connection with what is explained in the link below and activated the volte. My device Oneplus 8 Pro in2023 android version 11.0.2.2.IN11AA (non-root)
      Android 11 PDC connection

You are 100% correct.
      We need to know if there is a way to connect to PDC after Android 11 update in order to modify the VoLTE regional profiles.
      Works in Poland OP 8 Pro on 11.0.5.5.IN11AA VoLTE/VoWiFi. Thanks
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone