Oneplus 8 Pro VOLTE - Android 11

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
I had a notification for this but doesn't appear in the status bar no more.

Might be writing but not sure.

3 UK

Personally I don't need it as I have unlimited calls.

jacobwh

Oct 29, 2020
I had a notification for this but doesn't appear in the status bar no more.

Might be writing but not sure.

3 UK

Personally I don't need it as I have unlimited calls.
Another severely unhelpful post on this thread. Go read the OG post (getting PDC to work) instead of commenting for the sake of commenting.

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Another severely unhelpful post on this thread. Go read the OG post (getting PDC to work) instead of commenting for the sake of commenting.
Actually I could say the same about you. Just ignore the message if you have nothing positive to say.

What exactly have you contributed? Besides moaning, information is important, period.

1. I stated my network (3)

2. I stated that i used to have a notification for this and wasn't sure if it was working or not, meaning something has changed in 11.

In no way it that unhelpful, it's stating facts, if you have the ability to troubleshoot; then information, specifically facts is the basis for all troubleshooting processes.

Drop the act buddy ok, it's not helping anyone, least of all yourself.

Back on topic and not measuring manhood.

In regards to the volte issue, I can confirm that my volte doesn't work any longer in my area, vowifi works fine and strangely when I'm in a different area volte appears to work depending on where I am, suggesting certain criteria isn't being met in my area any longer.

Last edited:

snovharry

Aug 14, 2012
I was enable to activate VOLTE on 11.0.2.2. Lucky enough to manage PDC to recognise my device and selected DT denmark commercial profile and activated it.

Used this method.

MisMagJr

Feb 15, 2015
If you're not rooted but willing to do anything to get VoLTE then root and follow this guide from the Open Port point or just follow the whole guide because it shows you how to root too.

Smittyzz

Sep 16, 2011
If you're not rooted but willing to do anything to get VoLTE then root and follow this guide from the Open Port point or just follow the whole guide because it shows you how to root too.
I need to pay someone to do this to mine lol I just got mine gotta see about getting it going but I don't see where the drives download link is

ProfEngr

Aug 25, 2009
It's funny, every time I see this *#800# option I never get the switches anywhere in the logkit that it pulls up. I do have VoLTE shown at the top though.

kesn

Dec 8, 2020
Hi, I have provided the pdc connection with what is explained in the link below and activated the volte. My device Oneplus 8 Pro in2023 android version 11.0.2.2.IN11AA (non-root)

Last edited:
Reactions: kar200 and mnitpro

mnitpro

Dec 3, 2020
Hi, I have provided the pdc connection with what is explained in the link below and activated the volte. My device Oneplus 8 Pro in2023 android version 11.0.2.2.IN11AA (non-root)

I call this the magic guide!
In the FTM mode, I got EFS explorer and PDC working fine. Be aware that EFS will take around 5 minutes retrieving data.

1607441673269.png

1607442202316.png

kar200

Mar 28, 2008
Dubai
I can confirm that it is working for me (for the first time actually but it is due to the operator).
If others are on DU-UAE you can use the "Telefonica_UK_Commercial" profile.

I know there are a lot of guides. It's actually weird I never came across the ftm mode before.
I followed this guide up to using QPST. Before using QPST reboot the phone and enable the ports

Code:
# adb reboot ftm
once the phone reboots with chinses writing on it

Code:
# adb shell

# setprop sys.usb.config diag,diag_mdm,qdss,qdss_mdm,serial_cdev,dpl,rmnet,adb
Now use first the PDC to select the Volte profile. I used the Telefonica-UK (with du-UAE)

Once that's done you can proceed and update the files from QPST (already on the guide above). I am not sure if it even helped but I actually don't have 5G (and I don't really care about it).

Reboot the phone and my volte popped up straight away.

You can call du on 155 and ask them to check if your sim card is provisioned with volte

kar200

Mar 28, 2008
Dubai
Man I cannot believe the instructions were buried in a Turkish forum when on XDA and one plus forums people were going bonkers about it. Not sure if you are part of that forum but you can say big thank to the guy for the instructions (and lucky chrome has built in translation).

I think OP should probably update the first post with the link to the forum.

Reactions: kesn and galaxys

kesn

Dec 8, 2020
Man I cannot believe the instructions were buried in a Turkish forum when on XDA and one plus forums people were going bonkers about it. Not sure if you are part of that forum but you can say big thank to the guy for the instructions (and lucky chrome has built in translation).

I think OP should probably update the first post with the link to the forum.

I am Turkish too, I have been looking for a solution for a long time (in xda and oneplus forums) I was looking at this site and when I saw that they found the solution, I wanted to subscribe here and share. Did I convey my thanks to the subject owner there. 😊

Reactions: kar200
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone