Oneplus 8 Pro VOLTE - Android 11

Search This thread
This is to confirm VoLTE and VoWiFi is working fine with STC Saudi using India-Volte-Vodafone very fine. I've even tried to make a call while in airplane mode and it worked fine.

My device is IN2025 on 11.0.2.2.IN11AA

Attachments

• IMG_20201210_204654.jpg
    IMG_20201210_204654.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 116
  • IMG_20201210_204612.jpg
    IMG_20201210_204612.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 117
  • IMG_20201210_205202.jpg
    IMG_20201210_205202.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 90
  • IMG_20201210_205417.jpg
    IMG_20201210_205417.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 107

DREW76

Mar 15, 2013
I for the life of me can't get anything to show in PDC after following this.
After entering the setprop cmd, I go to PDC and there isn't any device in the drop down.
Any ideas?

Ace91

Feb 18, 2016
Hi, I have provided the pdc connection with what is explained in the link below and activated the volte. My device Oneplus 8 Pro in2023 android version 11.0.2.2.IN11AA (non-root)

Hi kesn
I managed to enter PDC using this method and change my carrier profile.
However, it still doesn't work for me.
It keeps the "Oversea-Commercial_DS" profile even after I activate a different profile.
Do you know how to solve it?

kesn

Dec 8, 2020
Hi kesn
I managed to enter PDC using this method and change my carrier profile.
However, it still doesn't work for me.
It keeps the "Oversea-Commercial_DS" profile even after I activate a different profile.
Do you know how to solve it?
Hello, I am not an expert on the subject, but when I did all the steps as called, there was no problem. I can recommend running Pdc as administrator, canceling the oversea profile correctly, selecting the profile suitable for your operator and activating it after the "pendign" text.

ansher

May 29, 2007
I have managed to make volte and wifi calling working with Freedom Mobile (Canada) on Oxygen OS 11.0.2.2 OP8PRO (Android 11). Both sim cards are in use, lte switches from data sim to freedom sim during the volte call which is pretty cool.

Gordietm

Sep 11, 2012
Toronto
Google Pixel 7
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I have managed to make volte and wifi calling working with Freedom Mobile (Canada) on Oxygen OS 11.0.2.2 OP8PRO (Android 11). Both sim cards are in use, lte switches from data sim to freedom sim during the volte call which is pretty cool.
I am also on Freedom in Toronto. How did you get volte and wifi calling working. I have volte and wifi calling enabled, but it's not working.

dearshakya

Nov 25, 2019
Android Wear
Apps & Games
the above mentioned method does not work for me. My set is OP7T currently running on OOS 11 stable version. I tried but at PDC side, it says (QMI connection not ready, please use USB driver version 1.00.32 or later and fix the connection before using PDC tool). Previously it was working fine on OOS 10. Help.

bcmike11

Jan 22, 2017
LG G5
Hi, could you please confirm if volte and wifi calling on Freedom mobile are still working for you on your OP8Pro with the latest software? I am looking for a new phone and will probably go with a OP8Pro if i can confirm that it will work well with Freedom.

bcmike11

Jan 22, 2017
LG G5
So I got the OP8 Pro and I'm on 11.0.5.5.IN11AA (no root) with Shaw/Freedom (Canada).

I got PDC working but there is no profile for Freedom. Other guides say I need to load the profile from a Pixel 4 with EfsTools.
I spent a long time trying to get 'EfsTools-0.10-modded-1.2' to work but kept getting 'critical error Bad command' messages. Then I tried 'EfsTools-0.10-modded-1.1' which worked for me. Even though everything seemed to go smooth I still haven't been able to get VoLTE or VoWifi to work at all. Did I do these steps correctly?
  • in PDC I changed to the 'Commercial-TMO' profile and confirmed that it stuck after reboot.
  • I copied the 'mcfg_sw.mbn' file from 'Pixel 4 android 11 mbn\Pixel 4 android 11 mbn\mcfg_sw\generic\Pixel\NA\Freedom\pixel_VoLTE' into the EfsTools folder prior to running the commands in the Efstools guide, which seemed to run without error.
I also confirmed that the same SIM in a motorola E5 play works with both VoLTE and VoWifi.

Gk0001

Oct 17, 2020
Hello guys,
Now that we're getting Android 12 update it seems the same issue is happening , No VOLTE & even 5G has disappeared on my OnePlus 8 pro has anyone got any idea how to fix this ?

I managed to fix 5G issue temporarily using Samsung band selector but it resets after restart & doesn't show in settings anymore.
My network is Bell in Canada.
IN2025

ansher

May 29, 2007
Owner of op8pro here... I tried to follow android 11 instructions to enable volte and was not able to get to factory mode (adb reboot ftm). But I managed to unlock engineering mode to turn full port switch in order to interact with pdc etc...

The biggest challenge for me being in freedom mobile is volte is not even an option in sim settings , I used to enable it by side loading logkit app but this method does not work in android 12 probably because system APK signatures have changed.

Besides that very happy with 12 in general, it appears bugs related to dual sim were finally resolved.

Happy to share more details with what I was able to accomplish but looking for advice on enabling volte via logkit or other method , except root.

Cheers.

Gk0001

Oct 17, 2020
Owner of op8pro here... I tried to follow android 11 instructions to enable volte and was not able to get to factory mode (adb reboot ftm). But I managed to unlock engineering mode to turn full port switch in order to interact with pdc etc...

The biggest challenge for me being in freedom mobile is volte is not even an option in sim settings , I used to enable it by side loading logkit app but this method does not work in android 12 probably because system APK signatures have changed.

Besides that very happy with 12 in general, it appears bugs related to dual sim were finally resolved.

Happy to share more details with what I was able to accomplish but looking for advice on enabling volte via logkit or other method , except root.

Cheers.
Hey Asher,

How did you manage to connect to PDC ?

If you can share i can try to edit the profiles & see if any of those work with our networks?

Cheers

ansher

May 29, 2007
Hi Gk0001,

I followed this guide: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/secrecy-unlock.4365059/

Most importantly to make it work I had to patch Sec5.exe. offset 32BF90h: 00 -> 01 to make it work. After that I was able to get to engineering mode by typing *#649010# and to unlock any option You need to enter Confirm code which is 6776 .

Once I enable full port switch I was able to run PDC, see profiles and change to UK_Telefonica in order to get Freedom Mobile VOLTE to work, but again, VOLTE is still down for me because of the global option for VOLTE for this sim is not available in the menu.

If you need details or patched sec5.exe PM me or I can post it here.

Andriy.

Gk0001

Oct 17, 2020
Hi Gk0001,

I followed this guide: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/secrecy-unlock.4365059/

Most importantly to make it work I had to patch Sec5.exe. offset 32BF90h: 00 -> 01 to make it work. After that I was able to get to engineering mode by typing *#649010# and to unlock any option You need to enter Confirm code which is 6776 .

Once I enable full port switch I was able to run PDC, see profiles and change to UK_Telefonica in order to get Freedom Mobile VOLTE to work, but again, VOLTE is still down for me because of the global option for VOLTE for this sim is not available in the menu.

If you need details or patched sec5.exe PM me or I can post it here.

Andriy.

Thank you !

I am having issues with the unlocker it doesn't seem to show the numbers for me to get to the next step, I think I'm missing the steps you were mentioning, how can I patch from 00 to 01 on sec5.exe ?

Last edited:

ansher

May 29, 2007
Gtk0001, you need to patch the executable called sec5.exe using hex editor at the offset 32BF90 where current value is 00 and you need to replace it with 01 to make it work with oneplus.

In case you are not familiar with the hex editing, I have uploaded patched package below. Let me know if it works for you.

Couple of things to consider:

1. The guide tells to connect to ADB using wifi, forget it - just connect using USB (USB debugging ON) , so much easier.
2. When you open sec5.exe , screen is divided by left and right. When you click "unlock" button, on the left part you should see you phone serial number appear, this means connection is established, wait until you see OK flashing on the right side of the screen then press "Stop Unlocking".

Gk0001

Oct 17, 2020
Gtk0001, you need to patch the executable called sec5.exe using hex editor at the offset 32BF90 where current value is 00 and you need to replace it with 01 to make it work with oneplus.

In case you are not familiar with the hex editing, I have uploaded patched package below. Let me know if it works for you.

Couple of things to consider:

1. The guide tells to connect to ADB using wifi, forget it - just connect using USB (USB debugging ON) , so much easier.
2. When you open sec5.exe , screen is divided by left and right. When you click "unlock" button, on the left part you should see you phone serial number appear, this means connection is established, wait until you see OK flashing on the right side of the screen then press "Stop Unlocking".
Thank you very much for the file.

I tried using it & hit unlock but nothing seems to be happening I don't see my phone's serial number or anything else on there just blank not sure what step i'm missing?

I'm connected with a USB cable with USB debugging on from developer mode.

ansher

May 29, 2007
Folks, I know it is a bit late in the game to share the guide but I will do it anyway.
This worked for me on Android 11 stock OnePlus 8 Pro with Shaw/Freedom. This is not my guide but a reasult of the research and connecting several guides together, so all credit goes to community !
I have no responsibility for bricked phones or any loss as a result of following this guide.

1. Files:
- Guide (you need to use you onw path to executables and files). https://mega.nz/file/s0khXTIL#735Zxq9mmCaZwqLy2ifvEQ5BObhsNb-69j3XNpPvK5U

- Updated efstools with pixel 3 mbn which worked on my phone. https://mega.nz/file/1gdRhaBQ#JZNmxai0RAhZV9DHSHUM4Cd_zhywjTpGEvg8NT5KQHY

2. Guide:

1 Enter these commands on the CMD screen.

Code:
adb reboot ftm

2 Chinese texts will appear on the device, after a while the device will turn on, but there will be no screen.

Code:
adb shell

3 Enter the command.

Code:
setprop sys.usb.config diag,diag_mdm,qdss,qdss_mdm,serial_cdev,dpl,rmnet,adb

4 Open the diag port with the command.

5 Search the application named PDC from the start menu of your computer , find it, right click and run it as administrator.

6 Select the device from the PDC Program, Device section.

7 Select the options you can activate

FREEDOM: Choose Rogers Canada. Or Telefonica_UK_commercial

8 Once you find it, click on it.
9 Right click with the mouse and follow the
10 Set Selected Config Option and select the icon you want to activate. [sub0 >> Sim 1 or sub1 >> Sim 2] For dual line, you can choose both.
11 After done, Pending text will appear. Then press the text Activate .
12 Finally

Code:
adb reboot

13 Upload MBN file to the phone

C:\Install\oneplus\EfsTools-0.10-modded-1.1-win32

If you are using SIM Card Slot 1 run this:
EfsTools.exe writeFile -i mcfg_autoselect_by_uim -o /nv/item_files/mcfg/mcfg_autoselect_by_uim
EfsTools.exe uploadDirectory -i mcfg_sw.mbn -o / -v

If you are using SIM Card Slot 2 run this (I never managed SIM2 working with Freedom VOLTE):
EfsTools.exe writeFile -i mcfg_autoselect_by_uim -o /nv/item_files/mcfg/mcfg_autoselect_by_uim -s 1
EfsTools.exe uploadDirectory -i mcfg_sw.mbn -o / -s 1

14 Restart your phone

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I have provided the pdc connection with what is explained in the link below and activated the volte. My device Oneplus 8 Pro in2023 android version 11.0.2.2.IN11AA (non-root)

Man I cannot believe the instructions were buried in a Turkish forum when on XDA and one plus forums people were going bonkers about it. Not sure if you are part of that forum but you can say big thank to the guy for the instructions (and lucky chrome has built in translation).

I think OP should probably update the first post with the link to the forum.
    Hi, I'm going to give you a feedback on the volte and vowifi with Android 11.
    I have two French sim cards.
    Under Android 10 I was how everyone had to use the PDC software and load the correct country profile. At each update obliged to redo the manipulation.
    Since Android 11 and the first beta developers and open beta. No need to do this manipulation anymore.
    I made a data wipe from the recovery, to start again on a healthy basis and Android 11. Of course I did not have the volte etc ..
    I just downloaded the engineer mode apk and made the key combination * # 800 #
    To activate the volte and the vowifi.
    My OnePlus 8 pro is of course not recognized like everyone else by PDC under Android 11.
    But when restarting the wifi rt lte calls were available on my two sim cards. Without having loaded any PDC profile.
    Perhaps these operator options are native and integrated in Android 11 (at least for French operators).
    Currently I am under open beta 2 global.

Envoyé de mon IN2023 en utilisant Tapatalk
    View attachment 5118609
    Works in Poland OP 8 Pro on 11.0.5.5.IN11AA VoLTE/VoWiFi. Thanks