[OnePlus 8][ROM][OTA][Oxygen OS] Repo of Oxygen OS Builds

Search This thread

stiggerby

Oct 13, 2012
Perth, Australia
Google Pixel 6 Pro
What makes you say that? .20 was a full ROM, .21 is a partial for India only at this time
It just needs effort to produce the boot.img
The last one for mine is c11, I have a in2015.
Although, and maybe you can advise me better on this? My oneplus 8 is Chinese, and the previous owner has flashed the global firmware. Could I use any version to update?

goRt

Mar 19, 2007
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus 8
The last one for mine is c11, I have a in2015.
Although, and maybe you can advise me better on this? My oneplus 8 is Chinese, and the previous owner has flashed the global firmware. Could I use any version to update?
To change ROM you will have to fastboot flash each of the partitions - I switch from global to EU on my 2013 without loss of data, but it's at your own risk

Reactions: stiggerby

helldagp

Apr 6, 2014
Morelia
I've given you everything you need to get started, now if you can't work it out it's not for you
Thank you for answering the questions we have. I read a bit of what you commented on how to extract the boot.img.

I know how to extract it with Payload but if the rom is a full OTA.

Since if I try to extract it from an incremental, Payload Dumper gives me an error and it is because it says that it does not support incremental OTAs

Is there a method to extract the boot.img from an incremental OTA? Thanks for your help

hjjiang

Dec 27, 2011
OnePlus 8
Google Pixel 5
Thank you for answering the questions we have. I read a bit of what you commented on how to extract the boot.img.

I know how to extract it with Payload but if the rom is a full OTA.

Since if I try to extract it from an incremental, Payload Dumper gives me an error and it is because it says that it does not support incremental OTAs

Is there a method to extract the boot.img from an incremental OTA? Thanks for your help
are u using this payloader dumper?

it has instructions fo OTA

Reactions: helldagp

Danny1976

Sep 27, 2009
Sanford
Has the Full OTA C.21 for the EU or Global been released? I just saw that the Full OTA was released for the 8 Pro Europe.

Last edited:

goRt

Mar 19, 2007
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus 8
Finally the EU Full version of the C.21 was released. Tried installing, but getting the verification failed error. Tried with the OPLocalUpdate APK and still failed. Was going to try ADB sideload, but was wondering is anyone knew what was going on. I read this article, but wanted to get someones opinion. https://www.getdroidtips.com/oneplus-verification-failed-installing-update/
For me I had to payload dump and then fastboot flash all 44 partitions:

Danny1976

Sep 27, 2009
Sanford
For me I had to payload dump and then fastboot flash all 44 partitions:
I did that yesterday, but if I go to about device, then update version it says I have the C.20. Now if I go to the build.... It says I have C.21. I have done the fastboot flash ROM over the a current version to fix boot loop or other fixes, but I have never used it to update. I think updating in the same partition it doesn't work as intended. I think is intended to be done on a formatted partition.

goRt

Mar 19, 2007
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus 8
I did that yesterday, but if I go to about device, then update version it says I have the C.20. Now if I go to the build.... It says I have C.21. I have done the fastboot flash ROM over the a current version to fix boot loop or other fixes, but I have never used it to update. I think updating in the same partition it doesn't work as intended. I think is intended to be done on a formatted partition.
It's taken care of by fastboot flash, I did it 2 weeks ago without issue, no data wipe, remained rooted

Reactions: Danny1976

Top Liked Posts