[OnePlus 8][ROM][OTA][Oxygen OS] Repo of Oxygen OS Builds

Search This thread

Mandraquinet

Jul 2, 2012
Lyon
Can I update my Global OnePus to Indian version just by updating locally?
And if I update to Indian from global, will I get OTA from OnePlus regularly?

I'm new, please help.
Yes, I did this by switching from GLOBAL to EU. On the other hand, it is necessary to update with the Full version !
Then I have the OTA updates from OnePlus. In the Oxygen Updater settings, choose the right version ...

Jh.soft.serv

Jan 28, 2010
use oxygen updater from google play, anyway maybe there will not to be possible download for NA (it was for some version of NA similar, must wait)

Last edited:

Willykit

Apr 30, 2011
Yes, I did this by switching from GLOBAL to EU. On the other hand, it is necessary to update with the Full version !
Then I have the OTA updates from OnePlus. In the Oxygen Updater settings, choose the right version ...
Hey,
My model number is IN2010 running Oxygen OS 11.0.5.5. IN21AA. I'd like to update to the EU version but I don't understand the part about taking a backup of /persist first. Is it necessary since my phone is already running Oxygen Os and not Hydrogen OS? How can I take the backup and do I restore it if needed?

Mandraquinet

Jul 2, 2012
Lyon
Hey,
My model number is IN2010 running Oxygen OS 11.0.5.5. IN21AA. I'd like to update to the EU version but I don't understand the part about taking a backup of /persist first. Is it necessary since my phone is already running Oxygen Os and not Hydrogen OS? How can I take the backup and do I restore it if needed?
Hi,
Sorry but I didn't backuped /persist before flashing the EU version, just flash the full version...

sbpetrack

Mar 14, 2012
Tel Aviv-Yafo
EDIT: I am up and running, thanks!! It seems that the "fastboot rom" just includes a bat file to automate the fastboot commands (under windows). And if anyone is confused about how to get a powered-off OnePlus 8 into fastboot: what worked for me was holding BOTH Volume UP AND Volume Down, THEN pressing PowerOn.

Still open questions:

1. if i should upload here the 11.0.7.7.IN21AA (Global) rom I have, let me know
2. Now that I successfully flashed slot A, should I also then flash slot b? or does android take care of this itself.
again, thanks

Two (perhaps) related things, one "offer" and one "desperate close-to-noob plea for help"

Context for both:
1. I have/had a rooted OnePlus 8 with unlocked bootloader that was running 11.0.5.5.IN21AA (Global). My phone told me to upgrade to 11.0.7.7 via OTA, and I thought I could do this safely without trouble. From what I could see, I knew that I would lose root, but that's ok, my plan was just to repatch the new boot.img via Magisk and reinstall Magisk after the upgrade.

2. After the upgrade, there was left on my phone the following file:

OnePlus8Oxygen_15.I.37_OTA_0370_all_2106020022_653a6a893088d.zip

I extracted the boot.img from this, patched it via Magisk, flashed it from a PC via "fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img", rebooted, and thought I had finished what I meant to do.

QUESTION/OFFER: is this file of use to anyone? I see that it is not quite the same name as the one posted in the previous post. Should I upload it or give someone a link to it? Just trying to be helpful.

EDIT: I believe/assume that my .zip file is for an IN21AA (Global) phone, while the previous post has a European (BA) ROM. So please let me know if it is useful for me to upload somewhere

3. Unfortunately, Wifi no longer worked and i could not make or receive phone calls. In the end, I tried a factory reset, and as a result, my phone seems to be in a bootloop. To be as precise as I can be:

I see the OnePlus 8 "big red dot" and the two little white satellite dots that go round and round. After a while, the two white dots become one and drop into the red dot, like they're supposed to. But then:
sometimes the screen just goes black, and after a while, i see the big red dot and it repeats; but
sometimes the screen just goes black, and after a while, I "SAFE MODE" at the bottom left. but then after a while that "SAFE MODE" disappears and I get the big red dot again; and
very occasionally I get a choice to "restart" or "power off". If I do nothing and try to decide which I should choose -- the screen goes black and I get the big red dot again.

Which one happens MIGHT be related to the combinations of power and vol +/- that I'm trying... I see contradictory advice all over about what I should do.

The last time I got the "restart/power off" choice, i quickly chose Power Off -- and amazingly, the f***ing thing turned off!!!

QUESTIONS:

1. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE point me to the CORRECT instructions for what I do to restore stock firmware?

2. And is the file I saved from the upgrade OK, or should I download the one posted in the previous post?

3. I note that the instructions I see that use fastboot tell me that I need a "fastboot rom" -- and both the one posted above and the one I have seem to be an OTA rom and not a fast boot rom. DO I care? If it's relevant, I had absolutely no trouble to use payload_dumper and successfully extracted 35 different .img files, which i now have on my PC.

But my phone is now OFF, if i look online, i find THREE contradictory instructions even just for what key combination to use to get the thing into fastboot mode. Why are people such d***heads and post stuff that is clearly just false info? I feel like I can trust the info I might get here.

My profound apologies for being so ignorant. I'm sure this must be the 10000th time someone has asked something so stupid. It's just that searching gets me completely inconsistent answers. If it helps, I will be happy to post here the actual correct instructions for my OnePlus 8 (including all details, such as key-combo for fastboot mode, and whether one can use an "OTA rom" with fastboot etc.

let me know if I should post my ROM .zip file somewhere (attach it to a post here, for example)

Last edited:

djmcnz

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 13, 2009
Auckland, NZ
OnePlus 8
Google Pixel 8
EDIT: I am up and running, thanks!! It seems that the "fastboot rom" just includes a bat file to automate the fastboot commands (under windows). And if anyone is confused about how to get a powered-off OnePlus 8 into fastboot: what worked for me was holding BOTH Volume UP AND Volume Down, THEN pressing PowerOn.

Still open questions:

1. if i should upload here the 11.0.7.7.IN21AA (Global) rom I have, let me know
2. Now that I successfully flashed slot A, should I also then flash slot b? or does android take care of this itself.
again, thanks

Two (perhaps) related things, one "offer" and one "desperate close-to-noob plea for help"

Context for both:
1. I have/had a rooted OnePlus 8 with unlocked bootloader that was running 11.0.5.5.IN21AA (Global). My phone told me to upgrade to 11.0.7.7 via OTA, and I thought I could do this safely without trouble. From what I could see, I knew that I would lose root, but that's ok, my plan was just to repatch the new boot.img via Magisk and reinstall Magisk after the upgrade.

2. After the upgrade, there was left on my phone the following file:

OnePlus8Oxygen_15.I.37_OTA_0370_all_2106020022_653a6a893088d.zip

I extracted the boot.img from this, patched it via Magisk, flashed it from a PC via "fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img", rebooted, and thought I had finished what I meant to do.

QUESTION/OFFER: is this file of use to anyone? I see that it is not quite the same name as the one posted in the previous post. Should I upload it or give someone a link to it? Just trying to be helpful.

EDIT: I believe/assume that my .zip file is for an IN21AA (Global) phone, while the previous post has a European (BA) ROM. So please let me know if it is useful for me to upload somewhere

3. Unfortunately, Wifi no longer worked and i could not make or receive phone calls. In the end, I tried a factory reset, and as a result, my phone seems to be in a bootloop. To be as precise as I can be:

I see the OnePlus 8 "big red dot" and the two little white satellite dots that go round and round. After a while, the two white dots become one and drop into the red dot, like they're supposed to. But then:
sometimes the screen just goes black, and after a while, i see the big red dot and it repeats; but
sometimes the screen just goes black, and after a while, I "SAFE MODE" at the bottom left. but then after a while that "SAFE MODE" disappears and I get the big red dot again; and
very occasionally I get a choice to "restart" or "power off". If I do nothing and try to decide which I should choose -- the screen goes black and I get the big red dot again.

Which one happens MIGHT be related to the combinations of power and vol +/- that I'm trying... I see contradictory advice all over about what I should do.

The last time I got the "restart/power off" choice, i quickly chose Power Off -- and amazingly, the f***ing thing turned off!!!

QUESTIONS:

1. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE point me to the CORRECT instructions for what I do to restore stock firmware?

2. And is the file I saved from the upgrade OK, or should I download the one posted in the previous post?

3. I note that the instructions I see that use fastboot tell me that I need a "fastboot rom" -- and both the one posted above and the one I have seem to be an OTA rom and not a fast boot rom. DO I care? If it's relevant, I had absolutely no trouble to use payload_dumper and successfully extracted 35 different .img files, which i now have on my PC.

But my phone is now OFF, if i look online, i find THREE contradictory instructions even just for what key combination to use to get the thing into fastboot mode. Why are people such d***heads and post stuff that is clearly just false info? I feel like I can trust the info I might get here.

My profound apologies for being so ignorant. I'm sure this must be the 10000th time someone has asked something so stupid. It's just that searching gets me completely inconsistent answers. If it helps, I will be happy to post here the actual correct instructions for my OnePlus 8 (including all details, such as key-combo for fastboot mode, and whether one can use an "OTA rom" with fastboot etc.

let me know if I should post my ROM .zip file somewhere (attach it to a post here, for example)

If you're bootloopng on 11.0.7.7.IN21AA (Global), which it seems you are, then use the files from my last post here:

Perhaps start by booting from (i.e. not flashing) the stock image to see if that solves your bootloop, if it does then you can safely flash the patched/rooted image.

Code:
fastboot boot OP8_Global_11.0.7.7.Stock.img

sbpetrack

Mar 14, 2012
Tel Aviv-Yafo
If you're bootloopng on 11.0.7.7.IN21AA (Global), which it seems you are, then use the files from my last post here:

Perhaps start by booting from (i.e. not flashing) the stock image to see if that solves your bootloop, if it does then you can safely flash the patched/rooted image.

Code:
fastboot boot OP8_Global_11.0.7.7.Stock.img
Thank you -- as I wrote, I ended up reformatting userdata ("fastboot -w") and then flashing each of the 35 partitions I extracted from the OTA rom that I found on my phone after the failed OTA update.

That being said, I see that my (IN2013) phone now tells me that its build number is:

Oxygen OS 11.0.7.7.IN21DA

Is it normal that an OTA update changed it from IN21AA to IN21DA ? Should I care? After I restored the phone, I then restored the backup from my google account. I seem to have all the multi-lingual English/Hebrew features I had before, so I see no reason to worry. I haven't dared yet to take pictures with the 48MP camera, which is the reason I accepted the upgrade in the first place.

Top Liked Posts