Oneplus 8 throttles immediately it gets to 44 degree Celsius.

Search This thread

EbaFufu

Feb 7, 2021
Help, I got a oneplus 8 but the device throttles and starts lagging profusely immediately it reaches 44 degree Celsius, I've tried everything from custom roms to magisk modules, nothing works, I got this phone to play games but it cant even do that for more than 10 mins as it starts lagging.

rodken

Jan 11, 2010
Help, I got a oneplus 8 but the device throttles and starts lagging profusely immediately it reaches 44 degree Celsius, I've tried everything from custom roms to magisk modules, nothing works, I got this phone to play games but it cant even do that for more than 10 mins as it starts lagging.
(1) Does it overheat when only playing games?
(2) Does it overheat when not playing games?

Reactions: blackhawk

rodken

Jan 11, 2010
Only when playing, it's a Snapdragon 865 with 12gb of ram phone and it cant even play games at the lowest graphics for more than 5 minutes without lagging
There are modules designed specifically for gaming needs. Here are a few for testing purposes.
A phone’s internal temperature can be 36-43 degrees Celsius (96.8-109.4 degrees Fahrenheit) and still be considered normal.

Arguably, its fine, if anything that's considered "cool" considering the chips can withstand up to 90°+.

The temperature reading you're seeing is simply the "system" temperature. The CPU and GPU hit well above 90c on games like Genshin Impact, there is nothing to worry about as those chips are designed to run these high temperatures. If high temperatures on SoC's would have been as damaging as some people make them out to be all devices would have been dead by now, but they still run despite thermal throttling at almost 100c nonstop.
-- YMMV

Attachments

• Auto-Performance-V2-STABLE.zip
    323.8 KB · Views: 12
  • STune-Boost-Tweak.zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 10
  • ThermalKiller-All-Devices-Stable.zip
    6.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Taking any sensor above 160F isn't a good idea as a runaway component frying temperature excusions (caused by temperature control hysterious) can and do happen. You need a buffer zone to help avoid this...💥

High temperatures and current drain trash Li's prematurely as well. Any constant drain of 800 mAh or greater will effect battery longevity. Some of these newer phones are drawing an average of 1Ah when not even gaming, ridiculous.

Reactions: rodken

EbaFufu

Feb 7, 2021
There are modules designed specifically for gaming needs. Here are a few for testing purposes.
A phone’s internal temperature can be 36-43 degrees Celsius (96.8-109.4 degrees Fahrenheit) and still be considered normal.

Arguably, its fine, if anything that's considered "cool" considering the chips can withstand up to 90°+.

The temperature reading you're seeing is simply the "system" temperature. The CPU and GPU hit well above 90c on games like Genshin Impact, there is nothing to worry about as those chips are designed to run these high temperatures. If high temperatures on SoC's would have been as damaging as some people make them out to be all devices would have been dead by now, but they still run despite thermal throttling at almost 100c nonstop.
-- YMMV
Thanks, I've tried some magisk modules in the past but none of them works and some of them bricked the phone and I couldn't boot up without formatting it, I'll need to make a back up before trying any of these so I won't loose files again.

EbaFufu

Feb 7, 2021
Taking any sensor above 160F isn't a good idea as a runaway component frying temperature excusions (caused by temperature control hysterious) can and do happen. You need a buffer zone to help avoid this...💥

High temperatures and current drain trash Li's prematurely as well. Any constant drain of 800 mAh or greater will effect battery longevity. Some of these newer phones are drawing an average of 1Ah when not even gaming, ridiculous.
The phone is fairly strong for it to start throttling at 44 degree Celsius is just barbaric, I'm in Africa and 44 is just the normal temperature for any phone, because the weather's hot

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
The phone is fairly strong for it to start throttling at 44 degree Celsius is just barbaric, I'm in Africa and 44 is just the normal temperature for any phone, because the weather's hot
If the humidity is low use a damp microfiber cloth to cradle it in. If the battery goes above 108F it may trigger throttle back even shutdown.
It likely will not charge above 104F.
Keep it out of the sun, always. Use manual brightness control and keep it under 50% whenever possible. Optimize it and take out the trashware like FB, WhatsApp and such.

I can use my phone at 100F for prolonged times with no cooling for browsing but need cooling for vids or such as well as charging at those temperatures.

Reactions: rodken

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    (1) Does it overheat when only playing games?
    (2) Does it overheat when not playing games?
    Only when playing, it's a Snapdragon 865 with 12gb of ram phone and it cant even play games at the lowest graphics for more than 5 minutes without lagging

-- YMMV

If the humidity is low use a damp microfiber cloth to cradle it in. If the battery goes above 108F it may trigger throttle back even shutdown.
    It likely will not charge above 104F.
    Keep it out of the sun, always. Use manual brightness control and keep it under 50% whenever possible. Optimize it and take out the trashware like FB, WhatsApp and such.

I can use my phone at 100F for prolonged times with no cooling for browsing but need cooling for vids or such as well as charging at those temperatures.