OnePlus 8T Backup

Search This thread
Dec 22, 2018
Hi,

it looks like Oneplus does not offer a 1 click pc suite for backup. Samsung has Switch, Huawei has the HuiSuite.
Is there an open source 1-click alternative for OnePlus? (No, I do not want to use any cloud service)
Nope, I do not want to do any manual tasks or a local backup.

Thanks,

azoller1

Aug 4, 2011
My Room
OnePlus 8T
What's the difference from doing it on your phone? Even if they had a desktop application you would still need to have your phone plugged in no? As far as I know, they don't have a desktop application.

Dec 22, 2018
What's the difference from doing it on your phone? Even if they had a desktop application you would still need to have your phone plugged in no?
No sure why I even have to answer this: I give you one reason, they are way more of course. If you make a backup of your phone on your PC and you loose your phone, you can just buy a new one and restore your data.
If you do a backup on your phone and loose your phone, guess what you end up with?
As far as I know, they don't have a desktop application.
Are you serious? that is exactly the reason why I asked for that?

azoller1

Aug 4, 2011
My Room
OnePlus 8T
No sure why I even have to answer this: I give you one reason, they are way more of course. If you make a backup of your phone on your PC and you loose your phone, you can just buy a new one and restore your data.
If you do a backup on your phone and loose your phone, guess what you end up with?

Are you serious? that is exactly the reason why I asked for that?
You literally just transfer the backup from your phone to your PC using a USB cable.. And when you get a new phone just transfer it to your new phone.

You're suggesting that the desktop application (Samsung switch for example) can magically backup your phone without using the phone itself?

Also, I answered your question and you get mad at me for answering? Was I supposed to create the backup tool out of thin air?

Don't worry, I was very serious.

Dec 22, 2018
@azoller1 This will be my last comment on your post(s). My question was very easy and accurate, but you clearly are unable to answer it properly. For the future: If you do not know the answer to a question, please let someone answer who is can answer it. Thanks.

Last edited:

Rootk1t

Jun 2, 2013
It was already explained for you earlier, that OnePlus doesn't have desktop app for this.
Though it has OnePlus Switch now called Clone Phone for backup and transfer (restore) your data to another device or to the same device after factory reset.