• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

OnePlus 8T ColorOS 12 first build

Search This thread

taanh1412

Dec 4, 2015
Pretty stable so far, no major bug found. One small caveat is that the device mostly stays in 60Hz, there's a fix to make it run at 120Hz but it doesn't stay for long.

Guide to upgrade at #2.
EDIT: New 120hz fix found, check #8
Screenshot_2021-11-30-20-58-19-17_b783bf344239542886fee7b48fa4b892.jpg
Screenshot_2021-11-30-20-57-56-52_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: trongthanh

pro_granade

Jan 22, 2013
Kansas City
If there were a way to get 120hz working stably I'd be flashing it right now lol. It follows OnePlus's stupid design choices in ignoring Material You and the new QS style right?

taanh1412

Dec 4, 2015
If there were a way to get 120hz working stably I'd be flashing it right now lol. It follows OnePlus's stupid design choices in ignoring Material You and the new QS style right?
Actually 120Hz is working somewhat stable now, I'll need some more time to test it thoughly

They ignored the QS, but I can see some MY elements in apps like Chrome and Photos

Last edited:

Hellskull

Sep 19, 2019
How is battery stand by in this version? also notification delay?
I heard there high latency on notification on this os
OOS quite bad and high battery usage :(

pro_granade

Jan 22, 2013
Kansas City
Actually 120Hz is working somewhat stable now, I'll need some more time to test it thoughly

They ignored the QS, but I can see some MY elements in apps like Chrome and Photos
That's really sad, I'm torn on wanting to try this and just sticking to the AOSP A12 builds I'm already on. I really like the new Android 12 look and I feel like ColorOS 12 ruins it entirely.

dpryor88

Nov 4, 2015
San Pedro
Google Pixel 3a
Google Pixel 4
Step 1: Use MSM to go to HydrogenOS
Link: Link
Step 2: After going to HydrogenOS, use local upgrade to upgrade to COS 12
Link: Link
Hey, thanks for this guide.

I'm in the US, so I'm used to OOS, so I just have to ask if Google stuff is included in ColorOS? Or is it in this Coloros12 beta build at least? Just wanted to ask before I try this out, as I like having Google on my phone.

Thanks again. Hope to hear back.

taanh1412

Dec 4, 2015
Hey, thanks for this guide.

I'm in the US, so I'm used to OOS, so I just have to ask if Google stuff is included in ColorOS? Or is it in this Coloros12 beta build at least? Just wanted to ask before I try this out, as I like having Google on my phone.

Thanks again. Hope to hear back.
Most of the Google service are included, but Play Store is not installed by default. You can just download a Play Store APK from APKMirror/APKPure/... and it will work just fine.
One small problem is in the setting, it shows that the device is not certified, maybe Magisk can fix that.

dpryor88

Nov 4, 2015
San Pedro
Google Pixel 3a
Google Pixel 4
Most of the Google service are included, but Play Store is not installed by default. You can just download a Play Store APK from APKMirror/APKPure/... and it will work just fine.
One small problem is in the setting, it shows that the device is not certified, maybe Magisk can fix that.
Thanks for the reply :)

And that will do just fine. I don't care about the not certified thing personally.

taanh1412

Dec 4, 2015
Is this the closed beta builds that dropped?
Yes, this is that closed beta build

Link to MSM does not work. Is there an alternative download?
Can you go back to Android 11?
I think you can directly upgrade the ColorOS 12 build from Oxygen 11, but you'll need a complete data format for it to work

On my phone 8t , i installed color os 11,. I used this guide.
I can to update, on color os 12?
I'm not sure, you can try it out and let me know if that works

cammykool

Sep 6, 2011
Colorado
Do these colorOS builds pass Ssfteynet if Play is installed? And is there any risk on a T-Mobile 8T like there was when you flash 9R firmware

Reactions: Diangucmau

Top Liked Posts