Android auto, hey google, and location history on maps does not work on HOS.
Yes latest HOS, previously those apps would not show up at all in play store. I thought this model was blocked or something, and side loaded the apks which worked out fine. Good to see they are showing up now to be officially installed.
Please read from the start, there's been plenmty of mentions on certain Android apps don't work on Hydrogen OS
Yes, you can safely complete OTA updates on HOS. It is only OOS where issues arise such as bootlooping with completing OTA updates.
First I wanna thank you for this tutorial, worked like a charm. I have OP 8T CP Edition for few week now, yesterday I've installed system update and not a single bloatware reappered. It seems using your script once is enough.Bloatware
You're probably annoyed by all the preinstalled garbage. I've made a short script that disables the Chinese market and removes all 3rd party Chinese (By_3rd and heytap) applications.
Removing Market and Almost All 3rd Party Apps:
- Visit here: https://pastebin.com/raw/3SsA1tpc
- Open notepad and save the above text as a .bat file.
- Copy and run the file from your ADB directory.
You will likely need to run this script each update, as applications are added back on update. I've decided to leave the other applications on my device for now. If you want to remove even more, Steve0007 recommended this resource.
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=10763459528675590014 or https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-MwwMBiszDvAoCoqH1P5aZRaLvDFL_66/view
The difference is only in HOS version.
If your phone is made after march 2021, i suggest using latest one HOS MSM (google link).
- Go to System-Update
- Tap OK when the message that you are rooted appears
- Tap "Download and install"
- Wait until you are prompted to reboot - DO NOT REBOOT NOW!
- Open Magisk Manager, select install -> Install to inactive slot and start installation
- When Magisk has finished installing, reboot and you stay rooted with latest OTA.
1. First you will want to back up your apps etc. with the OnePlus Clone Phone app (formerly OnePlus Switch).
Awesome, I am going to try this out.I just tested and it seems to work without root or bootloader unlocked. I'd still recommend getting a copy of the full OTA update packages, in case you want to get root back later (for patched magisk).
Netflix does show up without root, and you can still run the script to remove bloatware (USB debugging).