Oneplus 8T (Cyberpunk Edition)

g4seb

Apr 1, 2016
Hi,

so i have a legit cyberpunk, bootlaoder unlock and rooted on EU Rom in 10.0.6.6. I'll do that and all are working !!!!

1) I flash cust file
2) i download full rom 10.0.6.9 EU with oxygen update because i'm rooted
3) install OTA with local update -> don't reboot
4) open magisk -> install on desactive slot after OTA uptdate
5) reboot

All stuff are here, nice. For security for the next OTA i flash cust a other one...

Reactions: tipius

Steve0007

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mode
May 10, 2009
Paris
Once you flash the cust.img to both slot you are good to keep cyberpunk goodies for ever after OTA.
The only way to loose the cyberpunk things would be to MSM your device :)

Reactions: g4seb and lexcyn

shadww

Oct 31, 2008
Updated to 11.0.6.8 Global OOS with Cyberpunk elements intact (OTA update, 100 mb).
Video:

I was rooted, so I did these steps before update (by @cameljockey1 )
Code:
1. Open magisk and disable all modules and reboot. (not sure if this matters but this is what I did)
2. Open magisk and click uninstall and select restore images only. DO NOT REBOOT
3. Close magisk app and remove from background.
4. Go to settings- system and update. Click download. It may take a few tries to go through. DO NOT REBOOT AFTER THE OTA INSTALL.
5. Open magisk app and click install. The top one install. Click install to inactive slot and click okay for force reboot pop up warning.
6. Watch install then reboot.
7. First reboot will take a bit.
8. Done.

Reactions: tipius

alkand

Jan 15, 2021
Kostroma
OK, so i finally got Oxygen OS 11.0.5.6.KB05AA (Global/USA) Running on my Oneplus 8T Cyberpunk edition (KB2000) with all the Cyberpunk goodies.. .

After all the previously mentioned attempts this is what got me through:

1.- MSM to Hydrogen OS using the link provided at OP.
2.-- Update Hydrogen OS to 11.0.5.6 using OTA update (incremental update directly on the phone).
3.- Once Hydrogen complete update to 11.0.5.6. Turn phone OFF.
4.- MSM to Oxygen OS to 11.0.1.2.
5.- Once Oxygen OS boot up, loaded 11.0.5.6.KB05AA FULL zip update (Provided on OnePlus website) to the phone's root directory.
6.- Perform a Local update through the "gear" icon under the system update section.
7.- voilà!!!

If you guys have any questions in regards of what i did, feel free to ask me.
Best of luck~
I flashed to the latest OOS 11.0.6.9 (before that, I followed the instructions above), but partially lost the design of Cyberpunk 2077: the loading animation (became standard Oxygen), the fingerprint scanner and the desktop wallpaper became missing. The theme and sounds remained.

adamr_za

Dec 23, 2020
I flashed to the latest OOS 11.0.6.9 (before that, I followed the instructions above), but partially lost the design of Cyberpunk 2077: the loading animation (became standard Oxygen), the fingerprint scanner and the desktop wallpaper became missing. The theme and sounds remained.
Exactly the same experience and this with me being even more thorough with two local updates ... This method posted is a hit and miss ... Flashing the cust on both slots before moving to oxygen seems to be the way ... But alas I'm happy on Hydrogen and need to muster the courage to try the oxygen route again ...

And with each update of oxygen there is always the possibility of it getting you back to the oxygen theme (unless you keep flashing cust after every oxygen update )

tipius

Jan 16, 2021
Hi everyone.
Special thanks to the guys who gave us the right direction to solve the problems of the cyberpunk series of phones.
OniAraAra]
Shadow
Huguin00
adamsa
After a lot of mistakes and not understanding what to do, the option helped me
Alternative to step 2 if you can't get root rights

2) Unlock the bootloader

2i) upload this file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!asjy8rcn_wjlhlwtuwnewcg4e1bnmq?e=irf5jm

2 ii) flash through fastboot using these commands

[[CODE = bash] fastboot flash oem_cust1_aH 19_ATA-oem_cust1-sparse.img

fastboot flash oem_cust1_bH 19_ATA-oem_cust1-sparse.img

Thanks to the sequence of actions on KB2000, I got the following result

- finally ended cyclic loading

- there is an animated download of Cyberpunk

- there is an animation when charging is connected

- there are icons from the cyberpunk theme

- I finally managed to update the European firmware from 4.5 to 6.9

What didn't appear in this operation

- there is no dragon from cyberpunk on the desktop (but I don't like it, so it's not relevant)

My past Actions (for those who, like me, have wandered in the dark)

Updated
I'm just a fool :) I had to go to the screen settings to see the desktop screensaver from cyberpunk :)

Everything works

Last edited:

D0Minik

Jan 16, 2021
Hi everyone.
Special thanks to the guys who gave us the right direction to solve the problems of the cyberpunk series of phones.
OniAraAra]
Shadow
Huguin00
adamsa
After a lot of mistakes and not understanding what to do, the option helped me
Alternative to step 2 if you can't get root rights

2) Unlock the bootloader

2i) upload this file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!asjy8rcn_wjlhlwtuwnewcg4e1bnmq?e=irf5jm

2 ii) flash through fastboot using these commands

[[CODE = bash] fastboot flash oem_cust1_aH 19_ATA-oem_cust1-sparse.img

fastboot flash oem_cust1_bH 19_ATA-oem_cust1-sparse.img

Thanks to the sequence of actions on KB2000, I got the following result

- finally ended cyclic loading

- there is an animated download of Cyberpunk

- there is an animation when charging is connected

- there are icons from the cyberpunk theme

- I finally managed to update the European firmware from 4.5 to 6.9

What didn't appear in this operation

- there is no dragon from cyberpunk on the desktop (but I don't like it, so it's not relevant)

My past Actions (for those who, like me, have wandered in the dark)

Updated
I'm just a fool :) I had to go to the screen settings to see the desktop screensaver from cyberpunk :)

Everything works
Hy,

your download link doesn't work, can u update it and explain what type of data it is?

Thx

finrod2007

Jun 26, 2015
to specify my problem: i wanted to change from oxygen to hydrogen because of OTA update problem and cp theme

first i tried to do this with MSM: https://tradingshenzhen.com/de/content/oneplus-8t-cyberpunk-2077-flashen

--> so i dont get my phone in the edl mode or when i did the program dont recognized my phone

so i tried to get TWRP on my phone to flash the OTA updates from oxygen on my phone.

i read its not necessary to change from oxygen to hydrogen to get update and cp theme.

after i unlocked my bootloader i flashed twrp but then i bricked it completely. get only qualcoom crashdump mode

the only thing left is that i can get out of this into fastbood mode. i cant start a system anymore or

get rid of these mod by flashing several boot.img via fastbood commands...

...or is the reason i dont have used an original oneplus cable when trying MSM?

Last edited:

tipius

Jan 16, 2021
[QUOTE = "D0Minik, post: 84301857, member: 11398117"]
Hy,

ваша ссылка для скачивания не работает, можете ли вы обновить ее и объяснить, что это за данные?

Спасибо
[/ QUOTE]
Hi.
This link is from post
adamr_za # 248. Apparently it was personalized, and when copying it lost direct access. Please read post
adamr_za # 248

tipius

Jan 16, 2021
to specify my problem: i wanted to change from oxygen to hydrogen because of OTA update problem and cp theme

first i tried to do this with MSM: https://tradingshenzhen.com/de/content/oneplus-8t-cyberpunk-2077-flashen

--> so i dont get my phone in the edl mode or when i did the program dont recognized my phone

so i tried to get TWRP on my phone to flash the OTA updates from oxygen on my phone.

i read its not necessary to change from oxygen to hydrogen to get update and cp theme.

after i unlocked my bootloader i flashed twrp but then i bricked it completely. get only qualcoom crashdump mode

the only thing left is that i can get out of this into fastbood mode. i cant start a system anymore or

get rid of these mod by flashing several boot.img via fastbood commands...

...or is the reason i dont have used an original oneplus cable when trying MSM?
Try to follow my path.
It helped me, I overloaded many times, did a cache wipe.
Everything is left. Even after I closed my mouth and chipped everything to the drain 11.0.6.9 everything was preserved.
Take this link, I re-uploaded it to myself https://yadi.sk/d/21xVWwU30kHnrA

finrod2007

Jun 26, 2015
Try to follow my path.
It helped me, I overloaded many times, did a cache wipe.
Everything is left. Even after I closed my mouth and chipped everything to the drain 11.0.6.9 everything was preserved.
Take this link, I re-uploaded it to myself https://yadi.sk/d/21xVWwU30kHnrA
i have now thx to python my old recovery back but i saw this recovery have no adb sideload...

so how can i install a system on it? also alternative like pixel expierence u can only sideload by adb...

when i want to flash a .zip file i get these lines: unknown partition "xxx.img"' by using fastboot flash xxx.zip

when i want to flash a twrp file i get back into the qualcomm crashdump mode...

...so anyone have a link to a working twrp and zip.file???

Last edited:

tipius

Jan 16, 2021
i have now thx to python my old recovery back but i saw this recovery have no adb sideload...

so how can i install a system on it? also alternative like pixel expierence u can only sideload by adb...

when i want to flash a .zip file i get these lines: unknown partition "xxx.img"' by using fastboot flash xxx.zip

when i want to flash a twrp file i get back into the qualcomm crashdump mode...

...so anyone have a link to a working twrp and zip.file???
No puedo ayudarte con eso.
Tenía una tarea en mi 2.077 para poner una versión Euro del bollo de cyberpunk. Y lo hice. Luego cerró Ruth.
Todo funciona para mí.

D0Minik

Jan 16, 2021
Hey guys and ladys,

i wanted to say thank you to all of your tips and experiences :)

After 2 hrs of research i followed this steps:

1. updated the HOS to the latest version
  2. used MSM tool for 11.0.4.6 EU Version (lost half of cyberpunk feat.)
  3. flashed through fastboot Cust1 Sparse parts as @shadww described (all cyberpunk feat. back except the clock)
  4. made local update to 11.0.5.6
  5. made local update to latest android version 11.0.6.9 (Clock back)
All features are working (also gapps) and i had no bootloops (y)

Reactions: Qnorsten

maogic

Nov 25, 2020
Hey guys and ladys,

i wanted to say thank you to all of your tips and experiences :)

After 2 hrs of research i followed this steps:

1. updated the HOS to the latest version
  2. used MSM tool for 11.0.4.6 EU Version (lost half of cyberpunk feat.)
  3. flashed through fastboot Cust1 Sparse parts as @shadww described (all cyberpunk feat. back except the clock)
  4. made local update to 11.0.5.6
  5. made local update to latest android version 11.0.6.9 (Clock back)
All features are working (also gapps) and i had no bootloops (y)
I did the same thing and have most of the cyberpunk features except the calling screen. Do you have the cyberpunk screen when you making or getting a call?

finrod2007

Jun 26, 2015
so no one can help?

i have no system on my phone at all. how can i flash a system on it and which one without msm?

did it worked for u to enter edl mode so that msm works?

Attachments

Last edited:

maogic

Nov 25, 2020

Ocram1701

Jan 20, 2021
Hi guys,

First of all thank you a lot for your help and for sharing all your experiences.

I just bought a oneplus 8t cyberpunk version from China with HOS.
I'm going to use the phone in EU and all I want is to let it works as a normal European oneplus 8t. I do not care about loose all cyberpunk goodies, I only need a solution to have:
-the phone working properly without any bootloop or similar.
-automatic OTA update, without loosing everytime all of my data for each update.
-all apps(such as maps, play store, banking app, Netflix or whatever) working without issues.

Can you please give me an advice on what to do, I mean if to keep H2O or switch to OOS and which Rom do you recommend (global or EU).

I will share my experience in order to help you all when I'll end all the steps.

Tanks again