Oneplus 8t cyberpunk

Search This thread

OniAraAra

Nov 17, 2020
Mine should arrive this week or next, so in the same boat. If English support is optimal and Google Apps can be flashed, I'd like to keep it as close to stock as possible. Has anyone else had experience with HydrogenOS on this phone?

Received word it will come rooted/unlocked, with english as well as OTA updates. Will be flashing magisk/flamegapps when it arrives. I guess some exporters are doing this as a courtesy, unless there is actually an official Global ROM?

Wilson Liang

Jul 6, 2013
@Wilson Liang :
So do you put oxygen os now ? Strange, because with other oneplus 8t, put oxygen os is very easy :confused:

Do you have some problem ?

Hi @g4seb, yes, I am using Oxygen OS already. Just unable to apply the OTA update as I mentioned in my message.

And you are right, my friend got a normal version of OnePlus 8T, and he can successfully convert his device into Oxygen OS by using "Local Update". So, something is different for Cyberpunk edition.

Salam.Husin

Sep 20, 2018
11.0.4.5 latest update failed!

I got a similar problem when it's stuck when rebooting and keep restarting since then. Could be possible of having some files within the update that gone missing or incomplete, I guess.

Mine is with oos based on North America version (xxx5AA) and I believe you got yours the same.

Really hope of another fixing update to ensure updating the device without any problem! ?

Hey guys,

So, I got an 8T Cyberpunk Edition two days ago. And I try to convert Hydrogen OS into Oxygen OS, I downloaded an europe Oxygen OS from here(I did not root the device or unlock bootloader, just download the zip file only), then I copied the zip file to root directory of the device and used "Local Update" to update the phone. After finished, I restarted the device. But I was stuck at booting screen, so I cleaned the "System setting/cache" or even "Format the device". I thought I will see the Oxygen logo after doing those steps, but it never happen. As a result, the Cyberpunk logo came up and still go into Hydrogen OS.

I tried like 5 times using "Local Update", not working at all. I was mad, and then I try to install Qualcomm USB driver(9008 driver?) and then follow the instruction here, and finally it became Oxygen OS, no more Cyberpunk loading screen. I was very happy and then try to apply the latest update from "System Update", it does show me there is a "11.0.4.5" version, so I downloaded it and installed and then restarted. Interesting thing happen again, I saw the Cyberpunk loading screen again. And I was stuck at the loading screen again. In order to pass the loading screen I have to clean "System setting/cache". Then I can access the device again and not seeing any Cyberpunk logo.

So, when I thought everything is finally working now, it wasn't. I went to the "System Update" again and try to see if there is any update, but I saw the same "11.0.4.5" version which I just updated. It seems the update is not working, so I went to "About phone" and confirmed that it was NOT updated. Again I tried several times, not working at all. It just like something under the hood keep resetting the device to the factory status.

Until anyone found a solution for this issue, I think I would have to keep using the version inside the unbrick tool I mentioned above. It will be great if OnePlus release an official Cyberpunk version of Oxygen OS later. Let's wait.

D

Deleted member 11043203

Has anyone been able to get the full ota or msm downloaded for the cyberpunk edition yet?

There is not one. It's the h2os msm, which we got, and if you mod a critical partition you run it, and it boots up cyberpunk'd. Myself and @xstefen got it to go. We didn't figure it out that elegantly till we installed h2os zips locally on top of the modified critical partition... That(the h2os zips) has the resources that allow it to all work right. If you install it to both slots, you can use the regular 8t msm, and then install the latest ota, and then it reboots oos cyberpunk'd. But the fonts don't stay. Only bug. Made a magisk mod but I build roms and not mods so it's a little derped. I would share but it's not right yet.

jwarrior319

There is not one. It's the h2os msm, which we got, and if you mod a critical partition you run it, and it boots up cyberpunk'd. Myself and @xstefen got it to go. We didn't figure it out that elegantly till we installed h2os zips locally on top of the modified critical partition... That(the h2os zips) has the resources that allow it to all work right. If you install it to both slots, you can use the regular 8t msm, and then install the latest ota, and then it reboots oos cyberpunk'd. But the fonts don't stay. Only bug. Made a magisk mod but I build roms and not mods so it's a little derped. I would share but it's not right yet.
That ultimately what im aiming for. Was just looking for a way to extract the necessary files so i could mess around with it.

Sent from my OnePlus8T using XDA Labs

rage302

May 29, 2012
OnePlus 8T
...that sounds niiiiceee!
I'm eagerly waiting for this mod to be ready for testing.
greetings rage

Blackdranzer

Jul 14, 2015
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 8
I was that guy. I left xda right after that and only returned for 7t Resurrection Remix posts. This will be possible, but won't be done through a mod or it won't be 100%. Yes you can flash magisk gapps. Or with our mod you flash overtop oos and already have gapps. As you can see I'm running latest h2os with cyberpunk resources intact. Locked bootloader and no root. On a normal 8t Global. H2os is normal like oos, but tons of bloat. Once you get rid of it it's ok. But...I don't know about any article, but even with your cyberpunk 8t, it will run h2os and if you flash oos over it you will not keep cyberpunk resources and features.

Can u take a backup of one plus widgets apk from the cyberpunk edition and share it here, thank you ?

D

Deleted member 11043203

Can u take a backup of one plus widgets apk from the cyberpunk edition and share it here, thank you ?

There is no widgets. It's the same widgets oneplus has on play store. The param.bin modification shows your device as that version. I'm posting a thread in a few days for full conversions

oticktock

Nov 5, 2020
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9 Pro
Yes it only comes with h2os, so if I were you and needed gapps flash these:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/fl....0-basic-arm64-20201108-ALPHA-12.zip/download

Or whatever is recent when you get yours. You install thru magisk. Microg is an option too

Can this FlameGapps package be installed with Magisk ? Because we don't have TWRP now.
i use Oneplus 8T with HydrogenOS 11, the GMS in system is modified version, so i want to flash a new Gapps package to replace the GMS included in system.
we talked this in FlameGapps telegram group, one guy said directly flash Gapps package may cause crash, so i don't know how to do now.
does there a safety way to replace the HydrogenOS GMS to pure GMS?

Last edited: