OnePlus 8T Dead (Solved)

Search This thread

Abdo Ismail

Jan 7, 2016
Egypt
OnePlus 8T
When I used the Fastboot Enhance tool to flash the payload.bin file, after the flash process finished I try to reboot but unfortunately it was dead.

No Fastboot, no EDL, no recovery, 3 buttons not working, power with up/down not working, when i connect to PC no sound that the pc recognize the phone "OP 8T", when I plug it into charger no info showing, Just black screen.

So it's working now, I'll explain everything here so it might help.

My device is OnePlus 8T DDR5 version

first, I understand what happened to me, I think the tool didn't recognize ram type automatically so it was flash DDR4 on a DDR5 device, so it made a hard brick

at this point, the idea is to connect 2 test points, and you can force your phone to enter to EDL mode, and we can do it in two ways:

1. Rootk1t giude, thax bro Rootk1t

- Removing the back panel by heating it.
- Unplugging battery
- Then use the EDL points on the motherboard to force the device to boot EDL.
- The device immediately will be recognised with just one tap on "enum" now.
- Plugging the battery again and attaching the back panel and rebooting :)

2. By using deep EDL cable, but not any edl cable, it must be a moded cable so it can be worked with the new security ...... this link will explain

- So i use Hydra EDL Cble V2 , you can buy it from aliexpress
- Be ready and open your MSM tool
- Press the cable button before connecting
- Connect the cable to your phone when you still pressing the button
- Then connect the USB to your PC
- It will automatically put your phone in EDL mode
- Now your phone will show in the MSM tool screen so you can revive it.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help.

Special thanks to Rootk1t , semdoc

Attachments

• 20220923_094755.jpg
    20220923_094755.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 242
  • HYDRA-V2-EDL.jpg
    HYDRA-V2-EDL.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:

JedidroidX

Jan 30, 2015
when I used the Fastboot Enhance tool to flash the payload.bin file, after the flash process finished I try to reboot but unfortunately it was dead.

No Fastboot, no EDL, no recovery, 3 buttons not working, power with up/down not working, when i connect to PC no sound that the pc recognize the phone "OP 8T", when I plug it into charger no info showing, Just black screen.

I don't know what should i do, please anyone help me with this problem.

Thanks in advance
Are you sure no EDL? Did you try the msm tool to restore to factory settings?

JedidroidX

Jan 30, 2015
I'm sure, and I try MSM , the phone can't connect anymore to PC
Seem like you flashed the wrong xml for the ram type. There is one for ddr4 and ddr5. If EDL is not working I'm afraid according to several post it's an unrecoverable brick...sorry mate!!!

However keep searching for a solution, you never know maybe a new method of recovery from this disaster may exist. I'll keep searching and if I find anything I'll post it here!

Also have you tried the 3 buttons connected from charger and disconnected? Usually for some reason my phone won't respond with the 3 buttons when connected to usb sometimes.

Also have you used the msm tool before?

Abdo Ismail

Jan 7, 2016
Egypt
OnePlus 8T
Seem like you flashed the wrong xml for the ram type. There is one for ddr4 and ddr5. If EDL is not working I'm afraid according to several post it's an unrecoverable brick...sorry mate!!!

However keep searching for a solution, you never know maybe a new method of recovery from this disaster may exist. I'll keep searching and if I find anything I'll post it here!

Also have you tried the 3 buttons connected from charger and disconnected? Usually for some reason my phone won't respond with the 3 buttons when connected to usb sometimes.

Also have you used the msm tool before?
Thanks bro for your cooperation, yes i tried everything and yes i used MSM tool a lot of time.

i'll searh more to fix this prob, thx again

JedidroidX

Jan 30, 2015
Thanks bro for your cooperation, yes i tried everything and yes i used MSM tool a lot of time.

i'll searh more to fix this prob, thx again
Just one more thing, when you connect the phone to pc check your device manager to see if the PC reads the phone. If it does than its just a driver issue and reinstalling the qualcom driver for msm maybe needed.

Abdo Ismail

Jan 7, 2016
Egypt
OnePlus 8T
Just one more thing, when you connect the phone to pc check your device manager to see if the PC reads the phone. If it does than its just a driver issue and reinstalling the qualcom driver for msm maybe needed.
when I connect it to PC I can't hear the sound which appears when you connect a new device, and also no changes in the device manager unfortunately

Abdo Ismail

Jan 7, 2016
Egypt
OnePlus 8T
I've found that sometimes I have to reinstall the Qualcomm drivers for EDL. So check that when you connect the phone to the PC in EDL mode there isn't an entry in Device Manager under Ports (COM & LPT)
I can't know which mode the phone is stuck on, because I have only a black screen, even the Power button with volume up / down not working,
do you think if I keep it for a couple of days the battery will drain and I can use MSM tool with press 2 volume buttons, it's the last thing i think about

JedidroidX

Jan 30, 2015
I can't know which mode the phone is stuck on, because I have only a black screen, even the Power button with volume up / down not working,
do you think if I keep it for a couple of days the battery will drain and I can use MSM tool with press 2 volume buttons, it's the last thing i think about
I would open it up and remove the battery instead of waiting for days but that's also an option. It's not that hard to open, I opened mines to replace the usb port. I just held the back of the bottom corners of the phone over the stove until it was hot enough to soften the glue and used an old credit card and my thumb nail to open it. It maybe unrecoverable anyway so its worth a try.

Abdo Ismail

Jan 7, 2016
Egypt
OnePlus 8T
I would open it up and remove the battery instead of waiting for days but that's also an option. It's not that hard to open, I opened mines to replace the usb port. I just held the back of the bottom corners of the phone over the stove until it was hot enough to soften the glue and used an old credit card and my thumb nail to open it. It maybe unrecoverable anyway so its worth a try.
yes, I thought to do that, so I keep it to be the last option, I'm still searching for any new ideas.

bro, really I want to thank you for supporting me, I appreciate that

Reactions: JedidroidX

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I've had a totally black screen at times in Qualcomm Crashdump Mode. To get out of it you can use Power+Vol up and then, when the phone buzzes, use the key combination for bootloader or MSM.

Abdo Ismail

Jan 7, 2016
Egypt
OnePlus 8T
I've had a totally black screen at times in Qualcomm Crashdump Mode. To get out of it you can use Power+Vol up and then, when the phone buzzes, use the key combination for bootloader or MSM.
I tried a lot to press Volume Up + Power & Volume Down + Power & the 3 buttons, but with no response.
I can't feel any buzz, even I tried it when the phone connected to the PC, no sound come from PC prove that the phone is connected

JedidroidX

Jan 30, 2015
Please keep us updated with any current queries or resolution as I'm very interested in the outcome.
Thank you!

Rootk1t

Jun 2, 2013
when I used the Fastboot Enhance tool to flash the payload.bin file, after the flash process finished I try to reboot but unfortunately it was dead.

Thanks in advance
Hello!

If waiting for battery to discharge will not help you, i suggest of:

- Unplugging battery
- Then using the EDL points on the motherboard to force the device to boot EDL.
-The device immediately will be recognised by just one tap on "enum" now.
- Plugging the battery again and attaching back panel and rebooting.:)

Attachments

• 20220923_094755.jpg
    20220923_094755.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 137
Reactions: joker925

Abdo Ismail

Jan 7, 2016
Egypt
OnePlus 8T
Hello!

- Unplugging battery
thanks my friend for your suggestion, yes I was thinking about this solution, but I keep it to be the last one, I think I will try this method at the weekend as I'm busy with work these days.

I'll tell you after I try this solution.

Thanks for your cooperation

SamNeuer

Feb 21, 2023

Rootk1t

Jun 2, 2013

Broly

Dec 12, 2013
Hello!

- Unplugging battery
Thank you so much for this, after spending 16$ on a stupid edl cable that never worked, your guide revived my op8t I appreciate you!

Attachments

• SGCAM_20230310_1720553120.jpg
    SGCAM_20230310_1720553120.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 111
  • SGCAM_20230310_1723520520.jpg
    SGCAM_20230310_1723520520.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 118

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When I used the Fastboot Enhance tool to flash the payload.bin file, after the flash process finished I try to reboot but unfortunately it was dead.

So it's working now, I'll explain everything here so it might help.

My device is OnePlus 8T DDR5 version

first, I understand what happened to me, I think the tool didn't recognize ram type automatically so it was flash DDR4 on a DDR5 device, so it made a hard brick

at this point, the idea is to connect 2 test points, and you can force your phone to enter to EDL mode, and we can do it in two ways:

1. Rootk1t giude, thax bro Rootk1t

- Unplugging battery
    - Then use the EDL points on the motherboard to force the device to boot EDL.
    - The device immediately will be recognised with just one tap on "enum" now.
    - Plugging the battery again and attaching the back panel and rebooting :)

2. By using deep EDL cable, but not any edl cable, it must be a moded cable so it can be worked with the new security ...... this link will explain

- So i use Hydra EDL Cble V2 , you can buy it from aliexpress
    - Be ready and open your MSM tool
    - Press the cable button before connecting
    - Connect the cable to your phone when you still pressing the button
    - Then connect the USB to your PC
    - It will automatically put your phone in EDL mode
    - Now your phone will show in the MSM tool screen so you can revive it.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help.

Special thanks to Rootk1t , semdoc
    yes, I thought to do that, so I keep it to be the last option, I'm still searching for any new ideas.

bro, really I want to thank you for supporting me, I appreciate that

Thanks in advance
    Hello!

- Unplugging battery
    Thank you that I found this post! I have exactly the same problem as you, I flashed the payload and I got a total brick. I have the phone open but I don't know how to connect the two points, how should I do it? You have given me hope. Thank you so much! Last question, what MSM version or ROM I have to download?
    You can connect the two points with any tool like this pic , MSM Version depending on your phone model

What should you do:

1. Use the attached tool to connect the two points like the attached pic
    2. Now connect the cable to your phone
    3. You should now see 9008 port in device manager
    4. Now you can flash the software with your MSM tool
    I hope it will help you
    You can connect the two points with any tool like this pic , MSM Version depending on your phone model

What should you do:

1. Use the attached tool to connect the two points like the attached pic
    2. Now connect the cable to your phone
    3. You should now see 9008 port in device manager
    4. Now you can flash the software with your MSM tool
    I hope it will help you
    Thank you! You are the best! I unbrick the phone with the testpoint method. With the hydra cable was imposible, but with the points was very fast. This method works well, but I broke the back glass case 😂