Oneplus 8T fastboot not recognized KB05AA

Search This thread

grimlust

Nov 7, 2017
adb devices command works perfectly but when I'm in bootloader, computer does not recognize my phone. fastboot devices returns nothing. device manager show Android with a triangle under "Other Devices".

1. Tried updating the driver and manually choosing it as Android ADB Interface or Android Bootloader Interface with no luck.
2. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling the USB drivers and adb still works normal but fastboot still won't recognize my phone.
3. Tried revoking USB debugging and reallowing debug from my phone. Still same issue.
4. Tried using original Oneplus USB C-C cable, Pixel USB C-C cable, USB A-C cable, generic USB C-C cable (Oneplus was still not recognized on fastboot but Pixel was recognized so it is not the cable/PC)
4. Tried reformatting my PC. Doing a clean install on everything and still same issue.

My last resort is this thread. I would really like to unlock my Oneplus 8T bootloader and root but for some reason, fastboot does not recognize my phone. I just hooked up my Pixel phone after reformatting my PC and adb/fastboot worked normally like it should.

Reactions: savio97

g96818

Dec 27, 2014
adb devices command works perfectly but when I'm in bootloader, computer does not recognize my phone. fastboot devices returns nothing. device manager show Android with a triangle under "Other Devices".

1. Tried updating the driver and manually choosing it as Android ADB Interface or Android Bootloader Interface with no luck.
2. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling the USB drivers and adb still works normal but fastboot still won't recognize my phone.
3. Tried revoking USB debugging and reallowing debug from my phone. Still same issue.
4. Tried using original Oneplus USB C-C cable, Pixel USB C-C cable, USB A-C cable, generic USB C-C cable (Oneplus was still not recognized on fastboot but Pixel was recognized so it is not the cable/PC)
4. Tried reformatting my PC. Doing a clean install on everything and still same issue.

My last resort is this thread. I would really like to unlock my Oneplus 8T bootloader and root but for some reason, fastboot does not recognize my phone. I just hooked up my Pixel phone after reformatting my PC and adb/fastboot worked normally like it should.
try this https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-8t/how-to/guide-fastbootd-to-recognized-computers-t4192449

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

You can also try installing the oneplus drivers in the oneplus drive that pops up when you plug in your phone

Edit: Scratch that. I guess the 8T doesn't come with a driver partition. Try this https://oneplususbdrivers.com/oneplus-8t-usb-driver-download/

Last edited:

ardax

Jul 22, 2010
Reactions: Diakow and qreesp

savio97

Oct 17, 2021

Hi Grimlust i am in this exact scenario is it your device problem solved. If it has done can you walk me through the steps you went through to get that result. Please its my last chance to revive my one plus 8T

Hi Grimlust i am in this exact scenario is it your device problem solved. If it has done can you walk me through the steps you went through to get that result. Please its my last chance to revive my one plus 8T
don't know if you still need it but today i was as desperate as you were and this helped me

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had the worst bloody time getting fastboot drivers installed for my 8T (KB2007, T-Mo).

I ended up having to find the device id for my device and manually patch and resign Google's USB drivers to get it working. If you can handle reading batch files and stuff, clone the repositories at https://github.com/fawazahmed0/Latest-adb-fastboot-installer-for-windows and https://github.com/fawazahmed0/windows-unsigned-driver-installer.