OnePlus 8T Global ROM

Pyntux

Apr 16, 2013
How did you update from BA to AA? Via local system-update in settings?

Can I keep root by installing magisk to inactive slot?

And...what are the advantages of changing from BA to AA?
Yes, you can change rom region (from AA to BA etc...) with local update, but rom zip should be version above your installed version, 11.0.4.5BA ----->> 11.0.5.6, for example.

I was on AA rom, than I upgraded to BA rom. There is no real diference betwen those two IMHO.

epr

Jan 19, 2007
Yes, you can change rom region (from AA to BA etc...) with local update, but rom zip should be version above your installed version, 11.0.4.5BA ----->> 11.0.5.6, for example.

I was on AA rom, than I upgraded to BA rom. There is no real diference betwen those two IMHO.
Thanks for your answer. So I will stay with EU version if there's no difference.

jaseman

Aug 27, 2012
Spring
There is no real diference, and I think BA (eU rom) will first get updates or before AA (Global rom).
Getting the updates before others can be a bad thing. If there are no new bugs introduced with the update it "could" be a good thing if it fixes any issues you may be having...but...if it does introduce new bugs then it could be a very bad thing. I like getting early updates in most cases...but with all the strange issues taking place for some reason on the 8T I can live with being last here in the US...I figure let everyone else be the beta testers...that way if there's something really wrong with the update then OnePlus can pull it before it gets to my phone!

Arr6

Aug 24, 2020
For now, there is no problem with phone, everything works as expected :), so yes, you can use global rom on KB2000...

OxygenUpdater see my phone like "oneplus 8t", no EU, NA or any other variant, and everything is OK...
Have you tried doing the current update 0.5.6 with OTA download?

Pyntux

Apr 16, 2013
I'm not sure I understand your question....

My phone is KB2000 (chinese model) and when I got it, on phone was 11.0.3....AA (Global rom) and I updated to 11.0.4.5.6AA rom with OTA, than after that I updated my phone to 11.0.5.6BA (EU rom) with local update... There is no new update for now....

vijayroyt

Nov 26, 2011
Hey guys! Quick question, would it be a bad idea to update from 11.0.6.8.KB05DA to 11.0.6.8.KB05AA . I have the indian variant of the phone and wanted to install the Global Rom without having to wipe the data or so.

Please let me know. Thanks!

vijayroyt

Nov 26, 2011
I'm not sure I understand your question....

My phone is KB2000 (chinese model) and when I got it, on phone was 11.0.3....AA (Global rom) and I updated to 11.0.4.5.6AA rom with OTA, than after that I updated my phone to 11.0.5.6BA (EU rom) with local update... There is no new update for now....
Hey! Did you have to factory reset or so when you did upgraded from AA to BA rom? Please let me know :)

vijayroyt

Nov 26, 2011
When I try to update from 11.0.6.8.KB05DA to 11.0.6.8.KB05AAvl via local update, they stop me saying that it's a lower version and they are going to prevent the update. Any ideas why?

RainGater

Aug 5, 2013
When I try to update from 11.0.6.8.KB05DA to 11.0.6.8.KB05AAvl via local update, they stop me saying that it's a lower version and they are going to prevent the update. Any ideas why?
It's the same version, 11.0.6.8, even though the region specific DA to AA is not recognized as a version upgrade. Wait for the next version and am actually on the same boat as you.

My device is KB2001 (a colleague bought it from India) and am waiting to flash the AA variant when the next version pops up.

Reactions: kelvintisw

vijayroyt

Nov 26, 2011
It's the same version, 11.0.6.8, even though the region specific DA to AA is not recognized as a version upgrade. Wait for the next version and am actually on the same boat as you.

My device is KB2001 (a colleague bought it from India) and am waiting to flash the AA variant when the next version pops up.
Makes sense! So I finally bit the bullet and went ahead and did the update from 5DA to 5BA and was able to do it successfully.

Just one thing that seems a bit off and I am certain was there before, the "AM/PM" indicator from the clock seems to have disappeared :D

vijayroyt

Nov 26, 2011
oh currently the EU version is one step higher than the Global and Indian version and hence was able to download that upgrade it.

Btw, do you mind sharing a screenshot of your clock timer from the status bar? Just want to see if the AM/PM status is missing in just mine or not.

RainGater

Aug 5, 2013
oh currently the EU version is one step higher than the Global and Indian version and hence was able to download that upgrade it.

Btw, do you mind sharing a screenshot of your clock timer from the status bar? Just want to see if the AM/PM status is missing in just mine or not.
It's missing in mine too. Anyways, its an useless indicator as we know whether its AM or PM.

So, u downloaded EU from oxygen updater app?

vijayroyt

Nov 26, 2011
It's missing in mine too. Anyways, its an useless indicator as we know whether its AM or PM.

So, u downloaded EU from oxygen updater app?
Lol I felt like it was present in the indian version before. Anyways, I downloaded the EU variant from this post, its present on the first page.

RainGater

Aug 5, 2013
Yep i havent seen anything as broken. I actually even went to Recovery after the upgrade to wipe the cache, just in case! :D
I flashed the EU (BA version 11.0.6.9) and still see the crappy Login with OnePlus account (Red Cable Pro nonsense) and thought it was to do with Indian devices. So, flashing EU is not getting rid of it? Do you see it as well?

Bummer!