Oneplus 8T HARD BRICKED ! HELP !!!

Search This thread

alp47470

Nov 21, 2016
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
OnePlus 3T
Hello everyone,

History : So i was using Rice driod on my OP 8T peacefully and i got an update on the rom. i installed the update via local update of the rom and after reboot the phone never booted back. i tried all button combos to make to boot anything like fastboot or recovery etc but nothing worked.

Problem : While connecting to PC the device shows as "Qualcomm HS Diagnostic 900E" I know it should show as 'qualcomm hs loader 900' something which indicates EDL state. So i can't perform MSM. There are not port showing in MSM either. Its blank. Even after forcefully trying to boot EDL ( button combos ), it always boots back to same state.

Fixes i have tried : Reinstalled qualcomm drivers many times, also tried many other versions of MSM including the Hydrogen OS one. No solution.

Can anyone please help me with this situation. Its been few days now and i have really no hope left with the device.

Attachments

• Annotation 2022-06-25 221944.png
    Annotation 2022-06-25 221944.png
    497.3 KB · Views: 26

LR7875

Jun 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad
Hello everyone,

History : So i was using Rice driod on my OP 8T peacefully and i got an update on the rom. i installed the update via local update of the rom and after reboot the phone never booted back. i tried all button combos to make to boot anything like fastboot or recovery etc but nothing worked.

Problem : While connecting to PC the device shows as "Qualcomm HS Diagnostic 900E" I know it should show as 'qualcomm hs loader 900' something which indicates EDL state. So i can't perform MSM. There are not port showing in MSM either. Its blank. Even after forcefully trying to boot EDL ( button combos ), it always boots back to same state.

Fixes i have tried : Reinstalled qualcomm drivers many times, also tried many other versions of MSM including the Hydrogen OS one. No solution.

Can anyone please help me with this situation. Its been few days now and i have really no hope left with the device.
complete noob here but I have heard someone said they fixed using indian msm tool, maybe I am wrong, idk

LinhBT

Apr 21, 2020
VietNam
Xiaomi Mi 5X
Redmi K20 Pro
The 1st one is main problem. It doesn't recognise as 9008 HS-USB QDLoader, it always keeps showing to 900E mode.
That's a total different device state, it's on Diag mode, not EDL mode. Try to turn off the device COMPLETELY, then either using hardkeys ( VOL + VOL - press and hold at the same time, plug in cable ) or use Deep-Fash cable to put the device into correct EDL 9008 mode.

• Wow
Reactions: LR7875

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 8T
So, guys i was finally able to fix the device by EDL point method. Somehow the device was able to boot to edl anyhow. The drivers were correct and so was the cable etc, Thank you all for still helping me.
So relieved so my 8T alive again. :)
Could you please be more specific as to how you got it to connect in EDL mode - it would help others who end up in the same situation.

Reactions: alp47470 and LinhBT

alp47470

Nov 21, 2016
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
OnePlus 3T
Could you please be more specific as to how you got it to connect in EDL mode - it would help others who end up in the same situation.
As you know already the phone wasn't able to go to EDL mode no matter what i did. I really don't know what caused the issue and why it wasn't booting even after using button combos (both vol) or to power off manually (vol up and power) it was went to Diagnostic Mode.

Here's what i did :

-Went to local shop for removing the back panel by those heating machines
-Unplug battery
-Then used the EDL points on the motherboard to force the device to boot EDL (this method is more seen in Mi , Redmi phones)
-The device immediately recognised by just one tap on "enum" now.

Thats how i flashed the OS, plugged the battery and panel, reboot :)

Last edited:

LinhBT

Apr 21, 2020
VietNam
Xiaomi Mi 5X
Redmi K20 Pro
As you know already the phone wasn't able to go to EDL mode no matter what i did. I really don't know what caused the issue and why it wasn't booting even after using button combos (both vol) or to power off manually (vol up and power) it was went to Diagnostic Mode.

Here's what i did :

-Unplug battery
-Then used the EDL points on the motherboard to force the device to boot EDL (this method is more seen in Mi , Redmi phones)

Thats how i flashed the OS, plugged the battery and panel.
So the localshop is using Testpoint trick. It has the same effect as using Deep-Flash cable but more trustable, only that u will have to open the back cover.
Congrats on successfully rescue the device mate :D

Reactions: alp47470

alp47470

Nov 21, 2016
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
OnePlus 3T
So the localshop is using Testpoint trick. It has the same effect as using Deep-Flash cable but more trustable, only that u will have to open the back cover.
Thanks bro. Actually the shop kepper didn't do anything. Instead he was saying that the battery was damaged or something (probably scamming me) or he actually didn't had any idea for real. I had read about EDL point thing, so i just asked the shopkeeper to just remove the back panel. Rest i came home and did everything lol. NGL it was scary as hell.

In the process i also discovered that 8T and 9R being mostly identical also have same EDL points on motherboard. Same positioning too.

Last edited:
Reactions: LinhBT and LR7875

LinhBT

Apr 21, 2020
VietNam
Xiaomi Mi 5X
Redmi K20 Pro
Thanks bro. Actually the shop kepper didn't do anything. Instead he was saying that the battery was damaged or something (probably scamming me) or he actually didn't had any idea for real. I had read about EDL point thing, so i just asked the shopkeeper to just remove the back panel. Rest i came home and did everything lol. NGL it was scary as hell.

In the process i also discovered that 8T and 9R being mostly idenical also have same EDL points on motherboard. Same positioning too.
Ah I see, same here when I 1st try the Testpoint trick few years back, scary as hell cuz that was the only phone I had at that time :)))))
Btw, yes, 9R and 8T shares almost everything besides of SOC's name ( Snap870 in fact is Snap865 OCing ). That's why I told u to use the MSM Tool of 9R port ROM for 8T, it passes almost every errors u may face when using MSM of 8T itself!

Reactions: alp47470

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Here's what i did :

-Unplug battery

Thats how i flashed the OS, plugged the battery and panel, reboot :)
    So, guys i was finally able to fix the device by EDL point method. Somehow the device was able to boot to edl anyhow. The drivers were correct and so was the cable etc, Thank you all for still helping me.

In the process i also discovered that 8T and 9R being mostly identical also have same EDL points on motherboard. Same positioning too.
    Thanks for sharing that - much appreciated.