• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

OnePlus 8T KB2003 Model - fingerprint issue

Search This thread

AndroidIsTheBestt

Oct 25, 2021
Hello,
I have this phone for near 1 year and I always had this problem.
The problem is not happening very often but it happens by time on time.
It was happening more often before, when the phone stays with locked screen for a longer period.
But now it happens whenever it wants and I can't understand what could be the issue.
Maybe some process is failing by my opinion.
So the problem is that sometimes when I put my finger on the fingerprint icon on the screen while the phone is locked, nothing is happening, the fingerprint icon is not active and it doesn't read my finger. So I need to enter my pincode, the fingerprint sensor is just not working at all. When I unlock the phone with pincode and then lock it, the fingerprint is now working, until sometime later.
I'll be very thankful if someone can help me with this.

Thank you!

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 3T
OnePlus 8T
Hello,
I have this phone for near 1 year and I always had this problem.
The problem is not happening very often but it happens by time on time.
It was happening more often before, when the phone stays with locked screen for a longer period.
But now it happens whenever it wants and I can't understand what could be the issue.
Maybe some process is failing by my opinion.
So the problem is that sometimes when I put my finger on the fingerprint icon on the screen while the phone is locked, nothing is happening, the fingerprint icon is not active and it doesn't read my finger. So I need to enter my pincode, the fingerprint sensor is just not working at all. When I unlock the phone with pincode and then lock it, the fingerprint is now working, until sometime later.
I'll be very thankful if someone can help me with this.

Thank you!
I believe that's by design. After a certain amount of time you're asked to login using you password. Once you've entered your password the timer gets reset.
I've seen this on other phones and it also happens on both of my 8Ts.

AndroidIsTheBestt

Oct 25, 2021
I believe that's by design. After a certain amount of time you're asked to login using you password. Once you've entered your password the timer gets reset.
I've seen this on other phones and it also happens on both of my 8Ts.
Thank you, Bill. This kinda answers my question, too bad there is no security option to define if you want this or no.

Harmonovo

Jan 31, 2013
Olomouc
On my OP 8T the fingerprint stopped working well after gluing the protective glass. Without the glass it works fine.