• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question Oneplus 8t Lineage os 18.1 on oneplus 9r

Search This thread

CcrShakya

Feb 18, 2020
OnePlus 9R
Hello oneplus 9r owner! There is a good news if you want to try out lineage os on oneplus 9r. I successfully flashed oneplus 8t based lineage os via it's recovery and running without any issue. Please, try it at your own risk, and I in no any sense will bear responsibility if you brick/ damage your phone trying it.

Instruction: Firstly unlock your bootloader(see/search instructions on how to if you don't know)
- download oneplus 8t latest lineage os and recovery from here: https://download.lineageos.org/kebab
-boot your device in fastboot mode(v+, v-, power button), connect to PC, open power shell in platform tools
Type- fastboot flash recovery (recovery filename)
After flashing recovery boot to recovery mode in phone and click update/auto update (you can update via adb or USB device).
Reboot to recovery to flash gapps(use minimal nikki gapps
Again restart if you want to root with magisk and flash magisk. Done.
If by any chance you brick your phone( probably not going to happen unless you are stupid enough) then there is already msm tools available for 9r.
Enjoy!
Note: I tried all other available Roms for 8t but only lineage os is working. Probably due to partition issue. And no twrp for 8t does not work on 9r. So enjoy lineage os kebab until there are development available for our device.

Reactions: hemakumar_v

LeDiable

Feb 18, 2010
Mumbai
Maybe @grewal09 could finish the remaining touchpoints if he wishes to? Could be a good enough unofficial Lineage for the 9r, might only require a few tweaks/vendor/driver updates. Just thinking out loud.

YumeMichi

Nov 22, 2015
Fuzhou
blog.ikke.moe
Screenshot_20210605-131900_Settings_055841.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello oneplus 9r owner! There is a good news if you want to try out lineage os on oneplus 9r. I successfully flashed oneplus 8t based lineage os via it's recovery and running without any issue. Please, try it at your own risk, and I in no any sense will bear responsibility if you brick/ damage your phone trying it.

Instruction: Firstly unlock your bootloader(see/search instructions on how to if you don't know)
    - download oneplus 8t latest lineage os and recovery from here: https://download.lineageos.org/kebab
    -boot your device in fastboot mode(v+, v-, power button), connect to PC, open power shell in platform tools
    Type- fastboot flash recovery (recovery filename)
    After flashing recovery boot to recovery mode in phone and click update/auto update (you can update via adb or USB device).
    Reboot to recovery to flash gapps(use minimal nikki gapps
    Again restart if you want to root with magisk and flash magisk. Done.
    If by any chance you brick your phone( probably not going to happen unless you are stupid enough) then there is already msm tools available for 9r.
    Enjoy!
    Note: I tried all other available Roms for 8t but only lineage os is working. Probably due to partition issue. And no twrp for 8t does not work on 9r. So enjoy lineage os kebab until there are development available for our device.