ONEPLUS 8T - only fastboot - no edl, msm sees nothing!? [SOLVED]

Search This thread

LaviLev

May 1, 2018
check if EDL is working now, its very important for edl to work, because if something happens in the future, you need edl to reset.
Will check now.

also when the phone booted, it WAS NOT rooted. i got a notification from the nfc style pay that it will be disabled as it detected modification or root. Anyway to get the phone back to legit oem? also havent installed the pending update to c20 will this solve that problem?

LaviLev

May 1, 2018
does not boot to edl, "should be black screen?" just goes to fastboot, using a command adb rebbot edl the phone just reboots or through the physical buttons just goes to fastboot, can this be corrected?

So, black screen is normal, hold both volume buttons and power while it's connected to MSM tool. click run on MSM tool before you try to boot into edl. Your phone should connect to MSM tool while screen is off.
does not boot to edl, "should be black screen?" just goes to fastboot, using a command adb rebbot edl the phone just reboots or through the physical buttons just goes to fastboot, can this be corrected?

LaviLev

May 1, 2018
So, black screen is normal, hold both volume buttons and power while it's connected to MSM tool. click run on MSM tool before you try to boot into edl. Your phone should connect to MSM tool while screen is off.
no go, just goes to fastboot while MSM just states waiting for device. tried numerous times. Even had my future wife plug in the cable as i setup for the vol +/- and pwr

no go, just goes to fastboot while MSM just states waiting for device. tried numerous times. Even had my future wife plug in the cable as i setup for the vol +/- and pwr
Well I have no idea how to fix that, but if you want to root, don't update from the full oos 12 rom you downloaded, use payload dumper to extract a boot.img from the ota, then download magisk manager onto your phone and install/patch the boot.img and flash it to your phone.

Attachments

• Payload.rar
    3 MB · Views: 3

LaviLev

May 1, 2018
Well I have no idea how to fix that, but if you want to root, don't update from the full oos 12 rom you downloaded, use payload dumper to extract a boot.img from the ota, then download magisk manager onto your phone and install/patch the boot.img and flash it to your phone.

do you mean the incoming update? c20? or the c11 file you posted?

Because, i already flashed the one you posted, even rooted it with magisk. This was done initially because i lost 100gb of video from a vacation we just came back from and was trying to recover the files. either way i have the fingerprint issue people talkabout with magisk root. I already UNROOTED/ uninstalled magisk as i was only rooting for the videos scan.

Not sure the benefits of rooting i can only imagine the additional features, any specific roots or custom roms you recommend/ prefer? also if you done mind why that specific one. I know i can read all the threads of custom roms but you have been so helpful i figure you have probably been there done that and have the experience to share. TIA

Also if i just want legit OEM OOS what can i do? since MSM seems out the window atm!?

Did you get the video or was it a no go?

do you mean the incoming update? c20? or the c11 file you posted?

Because, i already flashed the one you posted, even rooted it with magisk. This was done initially because i lost 100gb of video from a vacation we just came back from and was trying to recover the files. either way i have the fingerprint issue people talkabout with magisk root. I already UNROOTED/ uninstalled magisk as i was only rooting for the videos scan.

Not sure the benefits of rooting i can only imagine the additional features, any specific roots or custom roms you recommend/ prefer? also if you done mind why that specific one. I know i can read all the threads of custom roms but you have been so helpful i figure you have probably been there done that and have the experience to share. TIA

Also if i just want legit OEM OOS what can i do? since MSM seems out the window atm!?

LaviLev

May 1, 2018
Did you get the video or was it a no go?
i got some before this nightmare but only about 30gb lost the other 70+gb as the phone has been flashed so many times since and all those areas that were marked writeable were probably written over 😢

Do you think MSM/edl is not working because the bootloader is still unlocked? i want to relock it and go back to normal, unless you have any rom recomen

i got some before this nightmare but only about 30gb lost the other 70+gb as the phone has been flashed so many times since and all those areas that were marked writeable were probably written over 😢

Do you think MSM/edl is not working because the bootloader is still unlocked? i want to relock it and go back to normal, unless you have any rom recomen
Post in thread 'can't get into edl mode' https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/cant-get-into-edl-mode.4392485/post-86303921

LaviLev

May 1, 2018
I'm sorry to tell you this. If you had told me initially about the video
you could've flashed twrp recovery and had it pulled from the device without having to overwrite so much data.... I'm so sorry
appreciated all the assistance either way!

Honestly i screwed up when i left the the type c adaptor with 128gb sd card at home as i was going to back up all footage, also we were overseas in beautiful country areas so access to a tech store with drives was a no find. in the end we lived it and have some captured memories.

appreciated all the assistance either way!

Honestly i screwed up when i left the the type c adaptor with 128gb sd card at home as i was going to back up all footage, also we were overseas in beautiful country areas so access to a tech store with drives was a no find. in the end we lived it and have some captured memories.
I'm glad it all turned out well, I think I figured out something,

Try payload dumping all the .img out and flash them all

fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash logo logo.img
fastboot flash mdm_oem_stanvbk mdm_oem_stanvbk.img
fastboot flash modem modem.img
fastboot flash multiimgoem multiimgoem.img
fastboot flash odm odm.img
fastboot flash qupfw qupfw.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash spunvm spunvm.img
fastboot flash storsec storsec.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash system_ext system_ext.img
fastboot flash tz tz.img
fastboot flash uefisecapp uefisecapp.img
fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
fastboot flash xbl xbl.img
fastboot flash xbl_config xbl_config.img

I'm glad it all turned out well, I think I figured out something,

Try payload dumping all the .img out and flash them all

fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash logo logo.img
fastboot flash mdm_oem_stanvbk mdm_oem_stanvbk.img
fastboot flash modem modem.img
fastboot flash multiimgoem multiimgoem.img
fastboot flash odm odm.img
fastboot flash qupfw qupfw.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash spunvm spunvm.img
fastboot flash storsec storsec.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash system_ext system_ext.img
fastboot flash tz tz.img
fastboot flash uefisecapp uefisecapp.img
fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
fastboot flash xbl xbl.img
fastboot flash xbl_config xbl_config.img
Nvm now it all seems fine

switched to a generic type c cable from the OP cable and all is good, MSM flashing now 😎
Earlier you asked why rooting would be an option and that banking apps don't work, I think it's worth it since you can use a feature built-in magisk deny list which can hopefully work with the bank apps after clearing the apps storage. For why I think rooting is a good idea, you can spoof your phone into a pixel 5 and gain access to unlimited storage in Google photos app along with having viper4android and other modules. Plus just saying this before hand, it's up to you whether to root or not but the method to carry root through the updates is to uninstall/restore image but don't reboot, then go ahead and install the update through local update, don't reboot, then head back into magisk and root to ota then reboot after installing.

All restored, on A11. currently its downloading an update "11.0.11.11.KB05aa"
Will the updates keep coming? i do want to get back to a12
Now install oxygen updater from playstore and select stable channel full, then go into settings and switch advanced mode and download the update. Then once it's downloaded head over to settings/update? Something like that and hit the cog to local install the oos 12 update. Once you update you can then use the built in system/about phone/ update to update to the latest oos 12

Reactions: LaviLev

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    trying this...

All restored, on A11. currently its downloading an update "11.0.11.11.KB05aa"
    Will the updates keep coming? i do want to get back to a12
    Now install oxygen updater from playstore and select stable channel full, then go into settings and switch advanced mode and download the update. Then once it's downloaded head over to settings/update? Something like that and hit the cog to local install the oos 12 update. Once you update you can then use the built in system/about phone/ update to update to the latest oos 12