ONEPLUS 8T - only fastboot - no edl, msm sees nothing!? [SOLVED]

Search This thread

LaviLev

May 1, 2018
[SOLVED] Please read through, hopefully this helps someone!

Ive tried numerous threads and followed the steps always end up with some sort of error.

Device manager shows:
Kedacom USB Device>Android Bootloader Interface

errors:
fastboot: error: Failed to boot into userspace fastboot; one or more components might be unbootable.

fastboot: error: Could not check if partition xbl has slot all
fastboot: error: Could not check if partition xbl_config has slot all
and continues with this error for what ever its trying to flash "has slot all"

flashing logical patitions error:
no such partition or partition not found

I keep researching and every video that shows what to do or posts, i can only get so far before my results dont match and there is no option or description for what to do if getting an error.

edit: adb devices shows nothing, but fastboot devices shows serial.

TIA 🙏

Last edited:
I think you have the wrong drivers, try these and check in windows update if your Qualcomm drivers are up to date in the optional updates. Also if fastboot is working and the bootloader is unlocked, you can download the latest full oos 12 and flash it all.

Attachments

• OnePlus_USB_Drivers_Setup.rar
    11.7 MB · Views: 161
Ive tried numerous threads and followed the steps always end up with some sort of error.

Device manager shows:
Kedacom USB Device>Android Bootloader Interface

errors:
fastboot: error: Failed to boot into userspace fastboot; one or more components might be unbootable.

fastboot: error: Could not check if partition xbl has slot all
fastboot: error: Could not check if partition xbl_config has slot all
and continues with this error for what ever its trying to flash "has slot all"

flashing logical patitions error:
no such partition or partition not found

I keep researching and every video that shows what to do or posts, i can only get so far before my results dont match and there is no option or description for what to do if getting an error.

edit: adb devices shows nothing, but fastboot devices shows serial.

TIA 🙏
If you need the latest oos I can link it here.

LaviLev

May 1, 2018
can not get phone to edl stuck in fastboot only. tried all the commands and physical button configs and still only get fastboot. Any workarounds?

LaviLev

May 1, 2018
I downloaded Fastboot Enhance, which allowed me to flash a bin file, but the phone still wont boot. I had to check ignore unknown partitions for it to flash. Now i can access fastbootd and when choose boot to recovery it loads what looks to a limited recovery similiar to fastbootd.

Any advice?

IMG_20220812_064649.jpg

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I downloaded Fastboot Enhance, which allowed me to flash a bin file, but the phone still wont boot. I had to check ignore unknown partitions for it to flash. Now i can access fastbootd and when choose boot to recovery it loads what looks to a limited recovery similiar to fastbootd.

Any advice?

View attachment 5683905
That's a stock OOS recovery you're seeing.

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Any advice or known methods to get me running from here?
Well, you've never said in your initial post what it was that you were trying to do.
Now that you are in the stock recovery you can select Advanced> reboot fastboot.
This will put you into fastbootd mode where you can do things like flash partitions and, more importantly, flash the logical partitions.

But, if you don't know how to do this and get out of whatever mess you're in 😊, then use MSM Tool to reset your phone.

LaviLev

May 1, 2018
Well, you've never said in your initial post what it was that you were trying to do.
Now that you are in the stock recovery you can select Advanced> reboot fastboot.
This will put you into fastbootd mode where you can do things like flash partitions and, more importantly, flash the logical partitions.

But, if you don't know how to do this and get out of whatever mess you're in 😊, then use MSM Tool to reset your phone.
I just reread my initial post, damn I started typing mid thought.. my bad!

I tried msmtool, but it doesn't load up a com port. All the listed methods with holding both vol buttons after already hitting start then plugging in did not work as I don't think it sees it at all.

Haven't found a thread with fastboot instructions that didn't require something I couldn't get to, to restore the phone. other methods fail writing to numerous areas when flashing.

LaviLev

May 1, 2018
OK was able to execute the first 4 fastboot commands, the it hung on the first flash --slot=all

In the end i just boot the phone in fasbootd using fastboot enhance and then using the flash bin file option in FE to flash the OOS 12 FILE @Nimiskiv shared.

Final boots into OOS, hope all works I will be testing to see for a day or two before i switch back from the 6, also before all this the 8T went a12_c11 to a12_c33

right now update for c20 came up!?

Any additional insight or final thoughts appreciated. Thanks again all!

OK was able to execute the first 4 fastboot commands, the it hung on the first flash --slot=all

In the end i just boot the phone in fasbootd using fastboot enhance and then using the flash bin file option in FE to flash the OOS 12 FILE @Nimiskiv shared.

Final boots into OOS, hope all works I will be testing to see for a day or two before i switch back from the 6, also before all this the 8T went a12_c11 to a12_c33

right now update for c20 came up!?

Any additional insight or final thoughts appreciated. Thanks again all!
check if EDL is working now, its very important for edl to work, because if something happens in the future, you need edl to reset.

Top Liked Posts