• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[OnePlus 8T][ROM][OTA][Oxygen OS] Repo of Oxygen OS Builds

Search This thread

shadowstep

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Jun 6, 2014
Ambala
OnePlus 5
Thanks for this.

Q: How did you find the download link? Was it by looking at logcat after starting the download using Oxygen Updater? Or was it some other way?
I'm a part of the Oxygen Updater contributors team as well. We usually first add the link in the backend database of the app and then update the threads here on XDA. The link was shared by @Some_Random_Username, who is the right person to tell you where he got it from. :)

Thanks for this.

Q: How did you find the download link? Was it by looking at logcat after starting the download using Oxygen Updater? Or was it some other way?

I'm a part of the Oxygen Updater contributors team as well. We usually first add the link in the backend database of the app and then update the threads here on XDA. The link was shared by @Some_Random_Username, who is the right person to tell you where he got it from. :)
I got the link from @yshalsager

t-ryder

Feb 23, 2011
www.t-ryder.de
OnePlus 8T
I'm trying to return to OOS from derpfest. How do I install this zip? Clear data, dalvik, cache, system, flash the zip? Should I format data with yes one?

Use payload dumper to unpack the images of the full stock ROM and flash that stuff using fastboot

fastboot -w fastboot flash aop aop.img fastboot flash bluetooth bluetooth.img fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash dsp dsp.img fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img fastboot flash LOGO LOGO.img fastboot flash modem modem.img fastboot flash oem_stanvbk oem_stanvbk.img fastboot flash qupfw qupfw.img fastboot flash storsec storsec.img fastboot flash multiimgoem multiimgoem.img fastboot flash uefisecapp uefisecapp.img fastboot flash recovery recovery.img fastboot –disable-verity flash vbmeta vbmeta.img fastboot –disable-verity flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img fastboot flash opproduct opproduct.img fastboot reboot fastboot fastboot flash system system.img fastboot flash vendor vendor.img fastboot flash product product.img fastboot reboot bootloader

... etc.

If things fail use the unbrick tool (need to boot in the right mode, use a search engine for a tutorial)
DOWNLOAD

Sorry if this is OT, just tryna help.

jfodra

Aug 11, 2012
OnePlus 8T
Use payload dumper to unpack the images of the full stock ROM and flash that stuff using fastboot

fastboot -w fastboot flash aop aop.img fastboot flash bluetooth bluetooth.img fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash dsp dsp.img fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img fastboot flash LOGO LOGO.img fastboot flash modem modem.img fastboot flash oem_stanvbk oem_stanvbk.img fastboot flash qupfw qupfw.img fastboot flash storsec storsec.img fastboot flash multiimgoem multiimgoem.img fastboot flash uefisecapp uefisecapp.img fastboot flash recovery recovery.img fastboot –disable-verity flash vbmeta vbmeta.img fastboot –disable-verity flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img fastboot flash opproduct opproduct.img fastboot reboot fastboot fastboot flash system system.img fastboot flash vendor vendor.img fastboot flash product product.img fastboot reboot bootloader

... etc.

If things fail use the unbrick tool (need to boot in the right mode, use a search engine for a tutorial)
DOWNLOAD

Sorry if this is OT, just tryna help.
Oh, can I just use the fastboot enhance app? It has an automatic payload,bin installer. This one https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...enhance-payload-dumper-image-flasher.4310553/

Fif_

Jun 5, 2013
Google Nexus 10
Google Nexus 4
I'm trying to return to OOS from derpfest. How do I install this zip? Clear data, dalvik, cache, system, flash the zip? Should I format data with yes one?

Oh, can I just use the fastboot enhance app? It has an automatic payload,bin installer. This one https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...enhance-payload-dumper-image-flasher.4310553/
These instructions will fail if the custom ROM has resized partitions (likely) or if you have an OP8T with DDR5 (more rare).

Better instructions in these two links:

I have no idea if "fastboot enhance" can deal with the extra complexity of the steps above (pick the right files for your device's DDR type and perform the partition resizes), so I would stay away from it.

jfodra

Aug 11, 2012
OnePlus 8T
These instructions will fail if the custom ROM has resized partitions (likely) or if you have an OP8T with DDR5 (more rare).

Better instructions in these two links:

I have no idea if "fastboot enhance" can deal with the extra complexity of the steps above (pick the right files for your device's DDR type and perform the partition resizes), so I would stay away from it.
So the first link, where I just copy and paste it, I can just do that huh? Okay, I will try now.

Btw, do I need to do it 1 by 1? Or just copy paste the whole thing?

One last thing to add, I tried checking for my ram version. So in cmd, I entered adb shell. Then the getprop command, and it says 1, so I have DDR 5 version right?

Last edited:

Fif_

Jun 5, 2013
Google Nexus 10
Google Nexus 4
So the first link, where I just copy and paste it, I can just do that huh? Okay, I will try now.

Btw, do I need to do it 1 by 1? Or just copy paste the whole thing?

One last thing to add, I tried checking for my ram version. So in cmd, I entered adb shell. Then the getprop command, and it says 1, so I have DDR 5 version right?
I would do one line at a time. This way you can stop if you run into errors and not make things worse.
If getprop vendor.boot.ddr_type says 1, you do have DDR5 and need to flash the two _lp5 files instead of the non-lp5 ones.

Reactions: jfodra
Reactions: jfodra

dlb4all

May 12, 2013
OnePlus 8T
Hey guys . got a problem . so i got the notification for the latest ota update (11.0.11.11) on my phone
and its about 140 mb . but when it fails to download/install . now , im not a novice user ...
I thought ok . im rooted . maybe restoring stock kernel would help but it didnt . i even tried Charles proxy
but no dice . now . anybody have any solutions for me ?
(im on OOS 11.0.11.11 + magisk btw)

theincognito

Feb 26, 2015
Redmi K20 Pro
OnePlus 8T
Hey guys . got a problem . so i got the notification for the latest ota update (11.0.11.11) on my phone
and its about 140 mb . but when it fails to download/install . now , im not a novice user ...
I thought ok . im rooted . maybe restoring stock kernel would help but it didnt . i even tried Charles proxy
@BillGoss could help you with this :D

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 3T
OnePlus 8T
You have to restore the stock boot (and recovery) before you start the update process. Otherwise the update fails and leaves the affected partitions in read-only mode. You then have to reset it to rw before trying again using blockdev.

Reactions: dlb4all

dlb4all

May 12, 2013
OnePlus 8T
You have to restore the stock boot (and recovery) before you start the update process. Otherwise the update fails and leaves the affected partitions in read-only mode. You then have to reset it to rw before trying again using blockdev.
Hmmm ... Stock boot+recovery is already checked (plus disabled encryption for insurance) so no problems there.
im quite familiar with a read-only partion sadly . and by "blockdev" you mean a simple"--setrw" from shell i presume . i guess having a hassle free device like a pixel for a long time , makes you a bit lazy and cousy :) ill have to dig deep into this . thanks mate.
------
EDIT : by any chance , is the OTA from inside the OOS region or geo locked ? is it possible that my isp blocked it somehow ?

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 3T
OnePlus 8T
Hmmm ... Stock boot+recovery is already checked (plus disabled encryption for insurance) so no problems there.
im quite familiar with a read-only partion sadly . and by "blockdev" you mean a simple"--setrw" from shell i presume . i guess having a hassle free device like a pixel for a long time , makes you a bit lazy and cousy :) ill have to dig deep into this . thanks mate.
------
EDIT : by any chance , is the OTA from inside the OOS region or geo locked ? is it possible that my isp blocked it somehow ?
Yes, --setrw is what I had in mind.
As to "hassle free": we have all these issues because Google designed the A/B system with seamless updates which works very nicely if you never customise your phone. Otherwise it's a PIA.

Top Liked Posts