[OnePlus 8T][ROM][OTA][Oxygen OS] Repo of Oxygen OS Builds

Search This thread

sraux

Aug 6, 2022
Modified c33 package and updater also helped me. Now back on phone where most things including payments are working. YASNAC positive, Netflix working. Just one thing left to complain about. Splitscreen still is not working. Anybody else having this issue?

jochem86

Oct 24, 2013
Amsterdam
Finally I found the way to upgrade EU from C20 (fake C21) to C21!!!!

• Download full EU package from XDA: or by Oxygen Updater.
  • Inside zip file (I opened it in 7zip) open "payload_properties.txt" in ex. Notepad and change one line from:
oplus_update_engine_verify_disable=0
to:​
oplus_update_engine_verify_disable=1
Save it - I do it at computer so 7zip repack only this changed file.​

Now it's pure C21 EU. Finally Safetynet pass (if root - without Magisk hide but only with SafetyNetFix).

Here you have guys modified by myself full packages EU:

-----
Edit:
Now I can see that my post from OP Community Forum with my trick was copied here yesterday. No problem at all, glad if it help 🙃
Thanks I was looking for a solution for this problem because i could not get a local update to get verified...

dahawthorne

Nov 15, 2014
Brighton
I see that some people have managed to upgrade to C.33 Perhaps one of you could help me understand why I can't.
I'm on C.21 (About device/Version) or C.20 (Oxygen Updater app) - no idea which one is real.
I've downloaded the full 3.8GB C.33 version as mentioned in the Telegram chat, but with oplus_update_engine_verify_disable set to either 0 or 1, I still get "Verification failed". ADB Sideload also refuses to install C.33 ("kInstallDeviceOpenError").
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited:
I see that some people have managed to upgrade to C.33 Perhaps one of you could help me understand why I can't.
I'm on C.21 (About device/Version) or C.20 (Oxygen Updater app) - no idea which one is real.
I've downloaded the full 3.8GB C.33 version as mentioned in the Telegram chat, but with oplus_update_engine_verify_disable set to either 0 or 1, I still get "Verification failed". ADB Sideload also refuses to install C.33 ("kInstallDeviceOpenError").
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I ended up having to download mine via OP Updater app, and install it with the Local Upgrade apk

dahawthorne

Nov 15, 2014
Brighton
Thanks. I tried that (must be the eighth time I've downloaded it) but unfortunately the same "Verification failure". Oh well...
The strange thing is that the failure happens within a fraction of a second. It can't be checking the file hash, because that would take longer. Very odd. And very frustrating.
Edit next day. Eventually I messed around once too often and got a Chinese & English message saying "Phone corrupt; customer services can fix", which was worryingly unresponsive to any button presses. So I used MSM to restore A11, then local upgrade to C.33. Need to start setup all over again, but at least I'm getting there.
But really, what a ridiculous palaver just to upgrade. OP need to look at their upgrade path, since a less-experienced user would have been totally up the creek.

Last edited:

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 8T
Can global factory unlocked 8T (KB2005) used EU and India variant firmware?
I have NA on one slot and EU on the other slot and I can switch between them. This is only because I've been testing TWRP 12.
I make sure that I flash the logical partitions (in super) and the non-A/B partitions (mdm_oem_stanvbk, spunvm) in fastbootd before booting.
So, my answers would be: Yes.

And, because they both have the same encryption keys, I don't have to touch my data partition and the phone happily boots with all my apps running.

Last edited:

DavideS88

Feb 7, 2017
Added C.33 (EU, IN) to the first post.

• Inside zip file (I opened it in 7zip) open "payload_properties.txt" in ex. Notepad and change one line from:

Now it's pure C21 EU. Finally Safetynet pass (if root - without Magisk hide but only with SafetyNetFix).

-----
Edit:
Now I can see that my post from OP Community Forum with my trick was copied here yesterday. No problem at all, glad if it help 🙃
I downloaded the modified file for 8T, but it doesn't work... why?
I tried also the c.33 modify the value and save a new zip file, without any success.
I have also tried to download the full ota by the op update apk, but nothing.

i have 2 questions:
1. any ideas to solve it?
2. can i wait the official update ota on the phone or now i will not receive it?

At moment I'm on a stock device, i just updated to c.20 with file of this thread.

thanks

DavideS88

Feb 7, 2017
Modified c33 package and updater also helped me. Now back on phone where most things including payments are working. YASNAC positive, Netflix working. Just one thing left to complain about. Splitscreen still is not working. Anybody else having this issue?
can you tell me what exactly you did?

thanks in advance

i have the KB2003_11_C.20 at moment download from here.

DavideS88

Feb 7, 2017

-----
Edit:
How can i install the op local upgrade, I'm on a stock phone without twrp or other custom recovery.

thanks

slavomes

Sep 29, 2014
OnePlus 8T
Oneplus 8T KB2003 EU can finally be upgraded from A11 to A12 C.33 via the update system
Screenshot_20220909-232903.jpg

kim1406

Apr 20, 2012
I am still on Oxygen 11 and getting daily notification to upgrade to KB2005_11.C.33_1330_20220731. I am afraid that if I upgrade, I will lose vowifi and there will be no way to get it back. Can anyone please confirm that, the vowifi & volte will still work after the upgrade. Thanks.

jcsww

I am still on Oxygen 11 and getting daily notification to upgrade to KB2005_11.C.33_1330_20220731. I am afraid that if I upgrade, I will lose vowifi and there will be no way to get it back. Can anyone please confirm that, the vowifi & volte will still work after the upgrade. Thanks.
That ultimately depends on who your carrier is. If you are on T-Mobile USA, VoWiFi and VoLTE both work.

Reactions: Lz3807775t

schumissimo

Sep 5, 2007
Here is my problem, I am still on Android OS 11.0.12 12.KB05AA. Oxygene updater offers me the KB2005_11_C_11 update, I download it and try to install it locally but I immediately get an error message that it is impossible. In parallel the system also offers me a security update, the KB2005_11_C.33_11, when I start the download I also have an error message. I have magisk 25.2 installed as well as TWRP 3.6.2_11.0. I would like to upgrade to Android 12 without having to reset everything. Where does this problem come from, please. Thanks for your help.

Top Liked Posts