[OnePlus 8T][ROM][OTA][Oxygen OS] Repo of Oxygen OS Builds

Search This thread

dahawthorne

Nov 15, 2014
Brighton
Just upgraded to OOS13, and what a surprise, I see no difference in my day-to-day experience. Maybe things under the hood not obvious, but nothing to get excited about. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

Dior DNA

Aug 17, 2015
Can someone post output of
Code:
cat /proc/partitions
for OOS13 EU KB2003?
The full OOS13 EU ZIP payload has same image names as OOS12 one but sizes differ.
To go from custom Android 11 to custom Android 12 ROM one needed to flash OOS11 and let it stock OTA upgrade to OOS12, so, now I wonder if soon similar will be required to go from custom Android 12 to custom Android 13 ROM.

dahawthorne

Nov 15, 2014
Brighton
I used Oxygen Updater. It checks the OnePlus servers, notifies you of a new build, and downloads and verifies it. Brilliant app which I recommend for all OnePlus users.

Last edited:
Reactions: Natakranta

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 8T
Can someone post output of
Code:
cat /proc/partitions
for OOS13 EU KB2003?
The full OOS13 EU ZIP payload has same image names as OOS12 one but sizes differ.
To go from custom Android 11 to custom Android 12 ROM one needed to flash OOS11 and let it stock OTA upgrade to OOS12, so, now I wonder if soon similar will be required to go from custom Android 12 to custom Android 13 ROM.
I'd be VERY surprised if the physical partition sizes have changed. I'd expect all 8Ts to have the same physical partition layout otherwise you could not switch between versions.
I checked them on my 8T running OOS 13 (originally KB2000 now on KB2005) and there's be no changes at all in the sizes since I first got the phone.
I've attached my /proc/partitions content.

Attachments

• parts.txt
    7.1 KB · Views: 15

Dior DNA

Aug 17, 2015
I'd be VERY surprised if the physical partition sizes have changed. I'd expect all 8Ts to have the same physical partition layout otherwise you could not switch between versions.
I checked them on my 8T running OOS 13 (originally KB2000 now on KB2005) and there's be no changes at all in the sizes since I first got the phone.
I've attached my /proc/partitions content.
Thanks very much to be so kind to provide attachment.
The sd partitions are indeed same (apart from fact that your sda is 128 and mine is 256), and, you have more loop partitions and more dm-# partitions.
I guess that's all good news and, for example, one will one day be able to e.g. go from LOS19 [A12 based] to LOS20 [A13 based] (or any other custom 12 to 13) without the need to pass via OOS12->OOS13 OTA as was the case for A11->A12.
Have a nice day!

Reactions: Natakranta

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 8T
Thanks very much to be so kind to provide attachment.
The sd partitions are indeed same (apart from fact that your sda is 128 and mine is 256), and, you have more loop partitions and more dm-# partitions.
I guess that's all good news and, for example, one will one day be able to e.g. go from LOS19 [A12 based] to LOS20 [A13 based] (or any other custom 12 to 13) without the need to pass via OOS12->OOS13 OTA as was the case for A11->A12.
Have a nice day!
You're welcome.
The dm and loop partitions are all logical, not physical.

UmiCat

I have just upgraded to OOS13 11 F.13 (KB2003). It's working OK.. except that I can't find the 'smart sidebar'. My default launcher is NOVA, but even on the system launcher, it's nowhere to be seen. Flicking doesn't bring anything up either. Apparently, there should be a setting for this under 'special features' in the settings menu. I don't see it... Anyone knows how to activate it? Thanks!!

Nebra

Jul 1, 2019
Ho appena aggiornato a OOS13 11 F.13 (KB2003). Funziona bene .. tranne per il fatto che non riesco a trovare la "barra laterale intelligente". Il mio programma di avvio predefinito è NOVA, ma anche sul programma di avvio del sistema non si vede da nessuna parte. Anche lo sfogliare non fa apparire nulla. Apparentemente, dovrebbe esserci un'impostazione per questo sotto "funzioni speciali" nel menu delle impostazioni. Non lo vedo... Qualcuno sa come attivarlo? Grazie!!
settings, special features

Last edited:

void4ever

Jan 14, 2011
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8T
Does anyone have the full OTA for the 8T (kebab) NA version? I need to pull the firmware for it, but all I can find are EU and IN versions. I've seen people report they got C36 NA, but nobody has posted it anywhere yet.

I'm unable to grab it with the Oxygen Updater due to the ROM I'm running is A13, so it thinks I want A13 firmware.

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 8T
Does anyone have the full OTA for the 8T (kebab) NA version? I need to pull the firmware for it, but all I can find are EU and IN versions. I've seen people report they got C36 NA, but nobody has posted it anywhere yet.

I'm unable to grab it with the Oxygen Updater due to the ROM I'm running is A13, so it thinks I want A13 firmware.
Look in the Update thread in this forum. I posted the link there

void4ever

Jan 14, 2011
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8T
Look in the Update thread in this forum. I posted the link there
Are you talking about this post?

Thats the incremental from what I read. I was under the impression we couldn't pull firmware from an incremental. Then again i've never actually tested it, just something i read somewhere.

Void4ever

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 8T
Are you talking about this post?

Thats the incremental from what I read. I was under the impression we couldn't pull firmware from an incremental. Then again i've never actually tested it, just something i read somewhere.

Void4ever
No.
Search for F.13 and my username

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 8T
Ah, in your earlier post you said you wanted A13 firmware, which is F13. C36 is A12.
C36 was an incremental OTA so you might have problems finding a full dump.

void4ever

Jan 14, 2011
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8T
Ah, in your earlier post you said you wanted A13 firmware, which is F13. C36 is A12.
C36 was an incremental OTA so you might have problems finding a full dump.
Looking back at my post i definitely didn't word it the way i intended lol.

Ya I need C36 NA for the 8T. I've found a download for the IN version. Not sure how they got that if there was never any full versions released.

I was just remarking that i'm unable to use the Oxygen Updater to attempt to pull it because the ROM i'm running atm is A13. So OU thinks thats the firmware I want!

My bad, thank you for the attempt tho!

Void4ever

Top Liked Posts