• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

OnePlus 8T vs Pixel 5a

Search This thread
The 8T looks like a pretty good deal @ $449 on OnePlus' web site, and I've been looking at the Pixel 5a at the same price.
Kinda leaning towards the 8T, seems like better specs overall. But the Pixel is, well ... a Pixel.
Any thoughts? Are people generally happy with the 8T? Anybody used both and can compare?
(edited for clarity and typos)

Ejvyas

haha...I was in the same boat and I just bought 8T a week back. I have not yet switched to it as I am still waiting on unlocking the bootloader and installing a custom ROM. The specs definitely beat the Pixel. I love my old Pixel and it has served me well so far.

I am a little disappointed that I have the 8T tmobile version which seems to have slightly less support online and updates. I am also a little worried that I dont have windows and hence MSMTools wont work. Which is where I feel a pixel would have just worked (even with less specs)

Reactions: Locklear308

Locklear308

Feb 6, 2012
Loganville
The lack of a headphone jack is extremely frustrating and makes it very hard to justify the 8T...

But at the same time, the 5a isn't dual SIM, is only 128GB and will need a lot more time before the community can ROM it up.

Literally no perfect choice.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    haha...I was in the same boat and I just bought 8T a week back. I have not yet switched to it as I am still waiting on unlocking the bootloader and installing a custom ROM. The specs definitely beat the Pixel. I love my old Pixel and it has served me well so far.

I am a little disappointed that I have the 8T tmobile version which seems to have slightly less support online and updates. I am also a little worried that I dont have windows and hence MSMTools wont work. Which is where I feel a pixel would have just worked (even with less specs)