General OnePlus 9 11.2.22.2 (T-Mobile) MSM Download Tool

Search This thread

Superguy

Nov 28, 2007
Baltimore
How do you back up the T-Mo modems without going thru the T-Mo bootloader token unlock? I want to try going back to the T-Mo modems to see if they resolve the issues, and then back them up when to reflash when I go back to the EU load.

Thanks!

Superguy

Nov 28, 2007
Baltimore
Yep. Any critical partition flashing has to be unlocked. There is no other way around it. I've bricked my 9,the one before this one,by flashing the wrong modem on it. Tried MSM and it locked it and I couldn't do anything else to it,meaning flashing anything through bootloader or fastbootd.

Well, I guess it ended up not mattering much in the end. At least for what I was trying to do.

I'm finding T-Mo's service to just be complete crap, and I've determined it's not the phone. I moved 8 lines over from AT&T. Half were BYOD (all unlocked AT&T Samsung devices, and my son's unlocked OP9), and the other half were Samsung and OP phones bought from T-Mo. Everyone's experiencing bad call quality and coverage issues. Both my family and in-laws live within a mile from known T-Mo towers where we live. I live in a major metro area, my in-laws in a rural area. My parents live in a medium sized city. It's gotten unbearable, and at times, my wife and I have had to resort to texting due to the call quality just being so bad. Cutting out, garbled, etc.

In-laws also have T-Mo's home internet and are having issues with that.

I don't get it despite everything good I've read about T-Mo. None of us had these issues with AT&T.

I'm going to try to work it out with T-Mo, but at least for the time being, I'll just go back to the European ROM. There's no difference in the call quality anyway, and at least there I have root again.

Scholeggo

Sep 27, 2017
If i flash the T-mo firmware to a global model, will I be unable to unlock the bootloader simply with the adb command, or will I have to go through all the hoops as if I bought the phone directly from t-mobile?

Superguy

Nov 28, 2007
Baltimore
If i flash the T-mo firmware to a global model, will I be unable to unlock the bootloader simply with the adb command, or will I have to go through all the hoops as if I bought the phone directly from t-mobile?
Yes, but the phone has to be SIM unlocked first.

There is someone who can SIM unlock on here for free, with donations encouraged.

Scholeggo

Sep 27, 2017
Yes, but the phone has to be SIM unlocked first.

There is someone who can SIM unlock on here for free, with donations encouraged.
I'm gonna use the T-Mobile sim card on a global version of the phone. So theoretically the phone would already have been sim unlocked out of the box. What I'm asking is, if i choose to use the T-Mobile msm on the unlocked global model, will it carrier lock me in? If not that means all i have to do is go to developer options and use the unlock command, right?

I'm gonna use the T-Mobile sim card on a global version of the phone. So theoretically the phone would already have been sim unlocked out of the box. What I'm asking is, if i choose to use the T-Mobile msm on the unlocked global model, will it carrier lock me in? If not that means all i have to do is go to developer options and use the unlock command, right?
No that won't happen to you. You should still be SIM unlocked as flashing software doesn't deal with SIM Locking but it May Lock the Bootloader that I am not Sure of

Top Liked Posts