• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question OnePlus 9 5g ???

Search This thread

Jessp4046

Jul 4, 2017
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 9
Does anyone have an idea on how I can get 5g on my op9 ,I pay for the service and I've tried a lot of settings fiddlin ,but nothing seems to connect .maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree all together ,lots of crossed facts online about this .Is it possible ?

XNine

Dec 28, 2010
Denver
HTC 10
OnePlus 6
AT&T doesn't have the OP9 as a certified phone on their network. There is no way around this, either. I've tried everything and even selecting NR doesn't yield 5G on the device. It has something to do with the bands AT&T users for 5G.

Reactions: Jessp4046

illusiveairforce

You might be able to change "carrier_policy" using the Qualcomm .exe and QTSP .exe on the computer.

I have done it on other phones. there's a guide for it....

List of Bands and Carriers:

Guide to Force 5G:

Jessp4046

Jul 4, 2017
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 9
You might be able to change "carrier_policy" using the Qualcomm .exe and QTSP .exe on the computer.

I have done it on other phones. there's a guide for it....

List of Bands and Carriers:

Guide to Force 5G:
I'm gonna try it .

Reactions: BS20

agentfusion

Jun 27, 2009
Baltimore
wr3tch.com
OnePlus 9
AT&T doesn't have the OP9 as a certified phone on their network. There is no way around this, either. I've tried everything and even selecting NR doesn't yield 5G on the device. It has something to do with the bands AT&T users for 5G.

This right here. As a former AT&T employee (corporate office, not retail level), I can tell you that it is most likely that the handset does not use the same 5G bands as AT&T.

AT&T primarily uses the n260 band (39GHz mmWave) and the Global OnePlus 9 does not use that band. In fact, none of the models of OnePlus 9 use n260. Now, from what I understand, AT&T *does* provide low-band n5 service in some areas so it IS possible that some users may report having 5G service on their OP9, but it's purely because they're in a low-band n5 area and as soon as they move into a more populated area where it switches to n260Go to and see,their phone will drop back to LTE.

What I can tell you from my real world experience is that 5G is really nothing to write home about. I live in one of the largest markets in the US and 5G is really not any faster than LTE most of the time. In some cases, it's actually SLOWER.

https://www.kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker this is an excellent frequency checker if you want to see if a phone will work on your carrier before you buy it.

Reactions: XNine

Top Liked Posts