• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Oneplus 9 and / 9 Pro TWRP

Search This thread

noname122414

Jun 6, 2015
OnePlus 9
Just a reminder for people who only read the oneplus 9 forum and not oneplus 9 pro one:

I tested it and flashed it on my oneplus 9 LE2110 and it works.

Again, as i always have to write to people.
Be careful, only do something you can undo.
Before you "Flash Current TWRP" do a full BACKUP!

mattie_49

Feb 4, 2010
Seymour Tn
OnePlus 9
Does said recovery perform full back-ups of partitions and restore features ?
Edit
I booted it up . Decrypts perfectly. Backed up modem just to see for myself. Rebooted back onto system . Booted twrp again and it found saved partition to restore. This makes life so much easier. Time to go get a full system backup !! Cool

Last edited:

AxelM

Jul 10, 2007
OnePlus 9
Hi there, I have a question:
When you have a new device, would the following work:
1. Unlock bootloader
In fastboot mode:
Code:
fastboot boot c:\twrp.img
In TWRP
3. Install TWRP
4. Install Magisk
5. Reboot - then you have Root, TWRP?
6. Upgrades can than be done in TWRP by installing the files and than intalling again TWRP and afterwards Magisk?

Best
Axel

Last edited:
Reactions: barguybrady

kitcostantino

Mar 21, 2011
Mayberry
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8
It appears you are asking. If I am incorrect, my apologies. With the 6t (also a a/b OP device)
The process I always used was
1) reboot to bootloader
2) boot twrp.img
3) install twro zip
4) reboot recovery
5) upon TWRP reboot, install magisk
6) profit.

Anytime I tried to go ahead and install Magisk in the same round as installing TWRP, it would install to the opposite slot making me have to do the whole process over again. Ymmv

XDA is Great, and, yet, at the same time: XDA is very challenging.
With so many able to contribute, and the lack of external editing capacity ( unlike SO ),
it's difficult to distill the information.
Okay, Great! There's a TWRP for the OnePlus 9 !
I used TWRP 3.5 and Magisk to root a Lenovo Tab M10, without any need for external input.

The Answer I'm looking for here is: Am I able to install / root / whatever my T-Mo OP 9 with TWRP ?
Does anyone have any definitive solutions ?

Thank You, in Advance, for any assistance !

MrSteelX

Jan 24, 2013
OnePlus 9
With so many able to contribute, and the lack of external editing capacity ( unlike SO ),
I used TWRP 3.5 and Magisk to root a Lenovo Tab M10, without any need for external input.

The Answer I'm looking for here is: Am I able to install / root / whatever my T-Mo OP 9 with TWRP ?

Is your bootloader unlocked? If yes then you could boot to fastboot and fastboot boot twrp.img. You will have your answer then.

Reactions: barguybrady
Is your bootloader unlocked? If yes then you could boot to fastboot and fastboot boot twrp.img. You will have your answer then.
Sadly, No, boot-loader is locked. Never encountered this on both previous OP 6t's.
Hence my confusion. When I walked out of the t-Mo store with my 6t, I had No issues.
I used the wonderful mauronofios tool, to do it All with no troubles.
crash my 6t, forced to take a "9 5g" from t-Mo, and now I am regretting it.
Wondering what has changed, and by whom..? t-Mo change policies, or OnePlus ?

Actually, I've been a t-Mo customer for 16 Years ! First time I've ever had to "Ask Permission" to have my phone, or my SIM unlocked...

nujackk

Jun 16, 2008
Kent
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9
Sadly, No, boot-loader is locked. Never encountered this on both previous OP 6t's.
Hence my confusion. When I walked out of the t-Mo store with my 6t, I had No issues.

Actually, I've been a t-Mo customer for 16 Years ! First time I've ever had to "Ask Permission" to have my phone, or my SIM unlocked...
You should start a separate thread for all that. Kinda want to keep on topic to make it less confusing for everyone

applyscience

Nov 25, 2016
OnePlus 9
Has anyone been able to mount a usb drive? ive tried everything and it just looks to not be functional.

strangely enough, i heard TWRP backups are iffy right now but have already restored from one using this release in the past week. happy that works

chinbags

Jul 13, 2010
New York
And this is huge for many people roaming around here on carrier variants . Now super easy to restore modems to make switch to global.or eu or whatever.
Just installed it - thanks OP.
Does anyone know if I can jdirtyflash the global rom 11.2.7.7 over the EU rom which is currently on 11.2.7.7 in twrp?

I was originally on global (le2110) but flashed EU via update. Now I want to go back to global.

illusiveairforce

Need help...

I typed Fastboot boot twrp.img instead of fastboot flash boot twrp.img

And that was to boot_a

So then i tried fastboot flash boot_b twrp.img

It wont load the recovery now. Phone wont boot up unless i
fastboot boot patched11.2.7.7DA.img

I even try to install Magisk directly and it fails.

Can I get some help. Dont even wanna restart my phone.

Thank you

All Good Now..... I Figured It Out!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210706-065441.jpg
    Screenshot_20210706-065441.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

applyscience

Nov 25, 2016
OnePlus 9
id avoid TWRP if on 11.2.8.8 already. it can boot from fastboot and even install itself as your recovery but it will not mount data. i tried the refresh sizes trick in backup and then the default_password for password to decrypt and nothing. pretty sure twrp mishaps are what bricked my phone last too . thankfully it still boots, just the recovry section is effected

ill try and flash the OTA zip tomorrow. sick of messing with it for now lol

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just a reminder for people who only read the oneplus 9 forum and not oneplus 9 pro one:

I tested it and flashed it on my oneplus 9 LE2110 and it works.

Again, as i always have to write to people.
    Be careful, only do something you can undo.
    Before you "Flash Current TWRP" do a full BACKUP!

You should start a separate thread for all that. Kinda want to keep on topic to make it less confusing for everyone
    Hi there, I have a question:
    When you have a new device, would the following work:
    1. Unlock bootloader
    In fastboot mode:
    Code:
    fastboot boot c:\twrp.img
    In TWRP
    3. Install TWRP
    4. Install Magisk
    5. Reboot - then you have Root, TWRP?
    6. Upgrades can than be done in TWRP by installing the files and than intalling again TWRP and afterwards Magisk?

Best
    Axel