• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Oneplus 9 LE2117 root process(T-Mobile)

Search This thread
With the differences between the EU, Global variants, and software versions listed in the threads I've gone through, I am having trouble finding a guide that I am sure would be applicable to root my Oneplus 9 LE2117 11.2.5.5-LE54CB. (T-Mobile)(US)
My device is SIM unlocked, and the bootloader is unlocked, but I am unsure of the best method to root.
Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Follow the steps to install magisk.
Thanks for the response. I believe that's the last step I have to complete to be done, but that is where I seem to be getting lost. I can't find a boot image for the specific model and software numbers I have. From the threads I have read I think I could use the boot image for software version 11.2.2.2 but I am uncertain.

ZEUSHP

Oct 14, 2010
With the differences between the EU, Global variants, and software versions listed in the threads I've gone through, I am having trouble finding a guide that I am sure would be applicable to root my Oneplus 9 LE2117 11.2.5.5-LE54CB. (T-Mobile)(US)
My device is SIM unlocked, and the bootloader is unlocked, but I am unsure of the best method to root.
Could anyone point me in the right direction?
You need 11.2.5.5 boot.img from any region. Then follow the instructions install magisk.

jwidel

Jun 25, 2021
just use the AA image for tmobile. patch the image with magisk the file will go to your download file then fastboot boot the img file from the one get from magisk after patching and you will gain temp root. direct install with magisk and reboot. if you get into a bootloop. reset devices from recovery and you will still retain root after the reset. i have installed empty slot ota and direct install. bootlooped on ota empty slot but reset from recover fixed problem instantly and retained root. direct install no bootloop retained root.

jwidel

Jun 25, 2021
I doubt it but anything is possible. with the process to convert to different variants being fairly simple and accessible there will be very little focus on that particular software. It is compatible with gloabal pathched boot image to gain root and from there your pretty much able to customize to do what ever your heart desires.

avid_droid

Aug 24, 2019
Maui,Hawaii
OnePlus 9
Can you direct me where to find that ?
I'm having difficulties getting anything to work...

I'm on 11.2.6.6.LE54CB - and I thought the end two letters were Important ?
Negative. Letters don't matter. The latest update from T-Mobile normally correlates with the latest of AA,BA,DA. If you are on the 11.2.6.6 it's 11.2.8.8. any of the boot.img will work.

Negative. Letters don't matter. The latest update from T-Mobile normally correlates with the latest of AA,BA,DA. If you are on the 11.2.6.6 it's 11.2.8.8. any of the boot.img will work.
See, the thing is, I was so accustomed to having an Un-Locked device from t-Mo, I didn't realize that the Awesome Dude who un-locks the SIM, does not actually un-lock the Phone. So Much Bullshit from t-Mo...
ANy-Hoo... I just applied thru the OP site to get my 9 completely un-locked.
Thank You for Your Time and Response!

avid_droid

Aug 24, 2019
Maui,Hawaii
OnePlus 9
See, the thing is, I was so accustomed to having an Un-Locked device from t-Mo, I didn't realize that the Awesome Dude who un-locks the SIM, does not actually un-lock the Phone. So Much Bullshit from t-Mo...
ANy-Hoo... I just applied thru the OP site to get my 9 completely un-locked.
Thank You for Your Time and Response!
Sure thing. So if you don't want to wait for the unlock.bin you can always convert to Global while you wait. I have my unlock token but decided to go with global