Question Oneplus 9 pro bricked, impossible to get to EDL

Search This thread

awsan

Apr 22, 2015

Well you have a corrupted boot.img or you would not be trying to edl. Also you probably are holding down multiple buttons to power off to your phone and your either not remembering or forgot that these combination of buttons are booting you into other modes fastboot, recovery or system.
Thanks a lot both of you for the help.

I am well aware of the situation, as I mentioned this is not my first rodeo nor my 10th, and it was not the button combination.

After the phone died EDL/fastboot worked normally and its now fixed.

A tip for anyone in the future, if you are stuck in a fastboot/crashdump/corrupt bootlood and cant access EDL letting the phone's battery die is the best way to go.

I tried switching boot slots, multiple fastboot commands, fastboot batch files that should force EDL, fastboot tools that should force EDL and everything under the sun.

Other than the generic fastboot commands nothing worked and learned that Android when an OTA fails keeps trying to boot from either slots and will protect the system from a full wipe until the battery dies.

Reactions: galaxys

Tekn010933

1] Make sure you have it connected directly to your computer via USB port rather than via a USB Hub, I've seen that cause the device not to show up in the device manager.
2] You might have to restart your computer with driver signing disabled, check here for instructions for that
3] I've uploaded the Qualcomm drivers here
4] Make sure you use POWER + VOL DOWN + VOL UP and watch your device manager to see if the device is there
5] Make sure you choose the correct MSM tool from here for your region/provider
6] Remember to use MsmDownloadTool V4.0.exe, choose "User type : Others" and choose the correct device/region under the top "Target" dropdown.
7] If you don't see any COM device showing connected then try changing USB port or rebooting the device back into EDL mode.
Is this running?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    88.9 KB · Views: 37

Tekn010933

1] Make sure you have it connected directly to your computer via USB port rather than via a USB Hub, I've seen that cause the device not to show up in the device manager.
2] You might have to restart your computer with driver signing disabled, check here for instructions for that
4] Make sure you use POWER + VOL DOWN + VOL UP and watch your device manager to see if the device is there
6] Remember to use MsmDownloadTool V4.0.exe, choose "User type : Others" and choose the correct device/region under the top "Target" dropdown.
7] If you don't see any COM device showing connected then try changing USB port or rebooting the device back into EDL mode.
Appreciate the help, downgraded to OS 11 and will never go back to OS 12 until it's stable, thanks again have a great weekend...Happy 4th!

PS: I think your "like" button is broken..

Attachments

• Capture.PNG33.PNG
    Capture.PNG33.PNG
    19.7 KB · Views: 14

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    was having the hardest time as well, it's not that the device wasn't going to EDL mode, it was but it had the wrong driver installed, thus making MSM tool not detect it in time, it is a very small window that you have where the device goes into EDL mode and the MSM tool detects it, makes a handshake with it and starts the process, but if you have the wrong driver, MSM tool will not detect the device and the device will just turn back into fastboot mode, I'm attaching a picture of the device manager where the said driver is under "Ports" ( COM & LTP ) make sure you download the above mentioned drivers, if there is any other driver under Ports, uninstall it and whenever you plug in your phone with the VOL + VOL - combo, you will see the device appear under PORTS, upgrade the currently installed driver for the one called qcmdm.inf which you'll find after you extract the .cab file that you downloaded previously, after that open MSM Tool and hit start, the port number should match the one on the device manager, now unplug the cable from your phone, power it off and do the button combination and then plug in the cable, MSM should instantly recognize the device and start the restoration.
    Hey, I wanted to ask in here instead of starting a new thread.

Right now I have an OP9p that wont boot to EDL (Only fastboot or Corrupt page)

I tried the fastboot commands but it won't work and it won't shut down, I have fixed multiple phones using MSM and know all the small issues and how to get around them but it's the first time finding a device that won't shut down and will keep rebooting tried volume up + Power for several seconds tried holding only power or the three.

Nothing it keeps rebooting and won't shut down for me to get into EDL.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Make sure you have it unplugged when you do the button combos, as it will just start to boot while it's plugged in. Also, if you can reach fastboot, you can almost definitely reach EDL. Try unplugging and holding power+vol up for a bit which forces it to completely power off. Then try getting into EDL through the normal button combo/plugging. This is what I had to do since once it got into the booting/no-booting cycle I couldn't get to EDL.

Well you have a corrupted boot.img or you would not be trying to edl. Also you probably are holding down multiple buttons to power off to your phone and your either not remembering or forgot that these combination of buttons are booting you into other modes fastboot, recovery or system.
    Thanks a lot both of you for the help.

I am well aware of the situation, as I mentioned this is not my first rodeo nor my 10th, and it was not the button combination.

After the phone died EDL/fastboot worked normally and its now fixed.

A tip for anyone in the future, if you are stuck in a fastboot/crashdump/corrupt bootlood and cant access EDL letting the phone's battery die is the best way to go.

I tried switching boot slots, multiple fastboot commands, fastboot batch files that should force EDL, fastboot tools that should force EDL and everything under the sun.

Other than the generic fastboot commands nothing worked and learned that Android when an OTA fails keeps trying to boot from either slots and will protect the system from a full wipe until the battery dies.