Question OnePlus 9 Pro Call Recording

Search This thread

jrfigo

Dec 24, 2012
I use the OnePlus 7 Pro and rely on the automatic call recording that I enabled using the jOnePlus Tools. It's time to upgrade. Is there a way to activate native call recording on the OnePlus Pro 9 without rooting the phone?

Thank you.

elodin_89

Jun 2, 2010
I had the same question and was able to set it up. See this thread.

Reactions: bulletbling

elodin_89

Jun 2, 2010
Only difference between this iteration and the one from my OP7 Pro is the directory it saves the recordings to. Now they're saved here:

/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.oneplus.communication.data/files/Record/PhoneRecord

bulletbling

Jan 14, 2013
Before to install that APK, which version is it? Will it replace the Google dialer, or will it be revertable?
I don't know the version, but you can view the version after install in the app settings at the bottom of the screen. And no, it won't replace the google dialer unless you want it to. You'd change it to the default dialer app after install. It is indeed "revertible".

eddiedimitris

Jan 19, 2011
Combining joneplus with oneplus dialer, call recording really works, but in many cases it does not record. In these cases, it excels in the recording icon and does not record. Other times it records just fine. for what reason?

jrfigo

Dec 24, 2012
I had the same question and was able to set it up. See this thread.

Thank you, but that seems to require ROOT access. I am trying to do it without rooting my phone.

l_mike

Jan 6, 2013
Huawei Watch 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Can't get call recording working on the level I could rely on.
Oneplus native app does not work for me, even after using joneplus tools.
Call recorders from magisk work well, but after the phone restarts I have to open the app to be sure it will work. Sometimes it looks like not booting up with the phone.
Anyone found the solution? I am on eu version of the OnePlus 9 pro. Rooted.

q2956

Mar 16, 2007
OnePlus 9 Pro
This worked for me with the OnePlus native PhoneCall App:

https://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/comments/a3bzo2
Enable call recorder on OP
PSA & Tutorials
Easy and without root:

run this adb instruction to enable call recorder:

adb shell settings put global op_voice_recording_supported_by_mcc 1

2) if you reboot your phone you will need to run adb from step 1 again. To prevent this, install jOnePlus Tools from Play Store:

3)After install jOnePlus Tools, run this adb command to let the app change security settings, enabling it to turn call recorder on after reboot:

adb shell pm grant net.jroot3d.joneplustools android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS

Reactions: Hot-Proton

jrfigo

Dec 24, 2012
This worked for me with the OnePlus native PhoneCall App:

https://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/comments/a3bzo2
Enable call recorder on OP
PSA & Tutorials
Easy and without root:

run this adb instruction to enable call recorder:

2) if you reboot your phone you will need to run adb from step 1 again. To prevent this, install jOnePlus Tools from Play Store:

3)After install jOnePlus Tools, run this adb command to let the app change security settings, enabling it to turn call recorder on after reboot:

adb shell pm grant net.jroot3d.joneplustools android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS

Did you do this on the OnePlus 9 Pro?

I am assuming you installed the OnePlus dialer, right? If so, where did you get it?

Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Skvalex works well on oos 12 and BCR works well on oos 11
    Yes Im using it currently. Here is the magisk module.
    I use the OnePlus 7 Pro and rely on the automatic call recording that I enabled using the jOnePlus Tools. It's time to upgrade. Is there a way to activate native call recording on the OnePlus Pro 9 without rooting the phone?

Thank you.
    Anyone please?
    I can confirm call recording works with jOnePlus Tools on Android 12 with no root.

Install OnePlus Contacts 6.4.5 and OnePlus Phone 12.200.12

Make sure jOnePlus Tools app settings: call recording and call recording service is ticked to on. Apply the two adb commands but get errors so not sure if this is a required step:

You can use Google's dialer but OnePlus dialer will run in the background and automatically record. Simply press back to switch dialer while in a call and you will see it's recording. Can no longer access the call recording settings in the OnePlus dialer app but it will record. Recording directory is in Music/Recordings/Call Recording

IMG_20220128_175658.jpg IMG_20220128_181513.jpg IMG_20220128_181408.jpg
    I see, more of a business use. Makes sense. I was thinking on personal level... Didn't see the need. Thank you for replying

I'm not trolling actually curious. Why is call recording so important? I see lots who want it.

I work in IT. I must document all requested changes to client IT systems. (to be on the save side, all clients signed a contract agreeing to be recorded for documentation purposes.)
    Yes Im using it currently. Here is the magisk module.