Question OnePlus 9 Pro Call Recording

Search This thread

q2956

Mar 16, 2007
OnePlus 9 Pro
I see, more of a business use. Makes sense. I was thinking on personal level... Didn't see the need. Thank you for replying

I'm not trolling actually curious. Why is call recording so important? I see lots who want it.

I work in IT. I must document all requested changes to client IT systems. (to be on the save side, all clients signed a contract agreeing to be recorded for documentation purposes.)

Droidphilev

Jan 25, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
OnePlus 9 Pro
Thanks for the info. which source did you configure please?
on mine not rooted phone, i get a recording file, that is silent....

with which recording method and without root?

Which source and if you restart the phone what happens then? Does it still work?

Recording method is set to 'system recorder', phone is NOT rooted and it survives a reboot.

I'm not trolling actually curious. Why is call recording so important? I see lots who want it.

I have lots of long, boring and official phone calls. I forget half what the other side said. This is very handy for me.

Reactions: nujackk

q2956

Mar 16, 2007
OnePlus 9 Pro
The installed oneplus dialer does not reliably record all call
It is a bug. If the screen goes to standby before the call is connected, the recording will not start. I know 2 workarounds:

1. Dial a number, click on record (during ringing)

2. Use a headset, dial number and leave the phone alone. You can see, the record button will activate, when the call is answered.

l_mike

Jan 6, 2013
Huawei Watch 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
It is a bug. If the screen goes to standby before the call is connected, the recording will not start. I know 2 workarounds:

1. Dial a number, click on record (during ringing)

2. Use a headset, dial number and leave the phone alone. You can see, the record button will activate, when the call is answered.
That's why I moved to magisk module with Google phone. I have to remember to check if call recorder is on after phone restarts (sometimes it is sometimes it is not), but besides that it works very well.

wangrund

Mar 12, 2019
Did you do this on the OnePlus 9 Pro?

I am assuming you installed the OnePlus dialer, right? If so, where did you get it?

Thank you.
The following is NOT supported by OnePlus. Do this at your own risk

For those who wish to install OnePlus Comms, you can use the following link to install OnePlus Phone, Messages and Contacts on OnePlus Nord, N10, N100, 8T, and all OnePlus 9 Series devices.

Please read and follow the instructions on the website carefully.
https://techibee.in/how-to-get-stock-oneplus-dialer-messaging-and-contacts-app-on-oneplus-nord/

Also please NOTE that these apps will not update automatically over time. It will be up to you to maintain your own updates regarding the OnePlus Phone, Messages, and Contacts apps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Skvalex works well on oos 12 and BCR works well on oos 11
    Yes Im using it currently. Here is the magisk module.
    I use the OnePlus 7 Pro and rely on the automatic call recording that I enabled using the jOnePlus Tools. It's time to upgrade. Is there a way to activate native call recording on the OnePlus Pro 9 without rooting the phone?

Thank you.
    Anyone please?
    I can confirm call recording works with jOnePlus Tools on Android 12 with no root.

Install OnePlus Contacts 6.4.5 and OnePlus Phone 12.200.12

Make sure jOnePlus Tools app settings: call recording and call recording service is ticked to on. Apply the two adb commands but get errors so not sure if this is a required step:
    adb shell settings put global op_voice_recording_supported_by_mcc 1
    adb shell pm grant net.jroot3d.joneplustools android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS

You can use Google's dialer but OnePlus dialer will run in the background and automatically record. Simply press back to switch dialer while in a call and you will see it's recording. Can no longer access the call recording settings in the OnePlus dialer app but it will record. Recording directory is in Music/Recordings/Call Recording

IMG_20220128_175658.jpg IMG_20220128_181513.jpg IMG_20220128_181408.jpg
    I see, more of a business use. Makes sense. I was thinking on personal level... Didn't see the need. Thank you for replying

I work in IT. I must document all requested changes to client IT systems. (to be on the save side, all clients signed a contract agreeing to be recorded for documentation purposes.)
    Yes Im using it currently. Here is the magisk module.