Question OnePlus 9 Pro Call Recording

Search This thread

Macadamn

Dec 7, 2021
Hard to beat this mod.

but you need root.

Im still looking for a working non-rooted solution for my Oneplus 9 pro running OOS 11.2.10 (NA). I tried latest Oneplus Dialer apk + jonetool and it doesnt work.

TIA

Macadamn

Dec 7, 2021
but you need root.

Im still looking for a working non-rooted solution for my Oneplus 9 pro running OOS 11.2.10 (AA). I tried latest Oneplus Dialer apk + jonetool and it doesnt work.

TIA
So I rooted my phone (OOS 11.2.10 (AA)) and tried the Google Dialer Mod but it didnt worked. Also tried Boldbeast, no luck.

The only one that worked so far for me is SKVALEX. I used the apk from their website and it works perfectly (using root access).

contentryder

Aug 11, 2006
Houston
I can confirm call recording works with jOnePlus Tools on Android 12 with no root.

Install OnePlus Contacts 6.4.5 and OnePlus Phone 12.200.12

Make sure jOnePlus Tools app settings: call recording and call recording service is ticked to on. Apply the two adb commands but get errors so not sure if this is a required step:
adb shell settings put global op_voice_recording_supported_by_mcc 1
adb shell pm grant net.jroot3d.joneplustools android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS

You can use Google's dialer but OnePlus dialer will run in the background and automatically record. Simply press back to switch dialer while in a call and you will see it's recording. Can no longer access the call recording settings in the OnePlus dialer app but it will record. Recording directory is in Music/Recordings/Call Recording

IMG_20220128_175658.jpg IMG_20220128_181513.jpg IMG_20220128_181408.jpg

Attachments

• Contacts_Contacts.apk
    51.7 MB · Views: 372
  • Phone_InCallUI.apk
    12 MB · Views: 7,459
Reactions: janxum and Macadamn

Macadamn

Dec 7, 2021
I can confirm call recording works with jOnePlus Tools on Android 12 with no root.

Make sure jOnePlus Tools app settings: call recording and call recording service is ticked to on. Apply the two adb commands but get errors so not sure if this is a required step:
adb shell pm grant net.jroot3d.joneplustools android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS

You can use Google's dialer but OnePlus dialer will run in the background and automatically record. Simply press back to switch dialer while in a call and you will see it's recording. Can no longer access the call recording settings in the OnePlus dialer app but it will record. Recording directory is in Music/Recordings/Call Recording

Thanks, I will give it a try this week end and will report back.

Macadamn

Dec 7, 2021
So after seeing this video about the Oneplus stock dialer on the Oneplus 9 Pro:
I choose to stay with Axet's Call Recorder (with root).

Marucins

Oct 27, 2011
OnePlus 9 Pro
Last edited:

l_mike

Jan 6, 2013
Huawei Watch 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Recommended... -> https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mod-root-googledialermod.4330055/

Everything works.
OnePlus 9 Pro - Android 12 (LE2123_11_C.44) -> Phone 74.0.424204618
GoogleDialerMod-1.03-release.apk version. After restarting the recording option showed up.
Root yeep... But that's not a problem :) -> https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-magisk-unlock-root-keep-root-oos-12-c-44.4252373/

//edit
Nope :(
Nope like not working? I installed this mod via magisk module, will try it out. There is no option to record all calls, only selected contacts and unknown numbers.

l_mike

Jan 6, 2013
Huawei Watch 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
It worked for like 12h, then the phone app found out I live in a region where call recording isn't supported, so call recording stopped working.
Moving back tu magisk and axets call recorder. I have to open the app once every time I reboot the phone, but it is stable after then.

hallo dare

Jan 23, 2012
Personally i use the non magisk version and there's no problems with call recording of the modded apk.

janxum

Dec 13, 2018

View attachment 5521919 View attachment 5521921 View attachment 5521923
That works, you're great!
In my case call recording is not turned on by default, I have to click it. Did you manage to find the recording settings, like it was using older OnePlus phones? I remember there was a setting to turn recording on by default and not to display any notification after recording.

Johe2

Jul 2, 2022
Mikään näistä kiitollisista neuvoista ei toimi nyt Oneplus ox v11.3:ssa ja Android 11:ssä. Onko joku löytänyt vastauksen nauhoittaa puhelua?

Just curiousness, why google is blocking recording in countries where it is legal? Force selling google phones?

May 15, 2022
USA
I wish that magisk module record all phone calls automatically. I just forget to push that damn button. ☹️
Edit:
I noticed that from time to time I need to press button manually.
It does record all calls automatically. Are you using sure you're using BCR?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220723-132722.png
    Screenshot_20220723-132722.png
    187.2 KB · Views: 10

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Skvalex works well on oos 12 and BCR works well on oos 11
    Yes Im using it currently. Here is the magisk module.
    I use the OnePlus 7 Pro and rely on the automatic call recording that I enabled using the jOnePlus Tools. It's time to upgrade. Is there a way to activate native call recording on the OnePlus Pro 9 without rooting the phone?

Thank you.
    Anyone please?

IMG_20220128_175658.jpg IMG_20220128_181513.jpg IMG_20220128_181408.jpg
    I see, more of a business use. Makes sense. I was thinking on personal level... Didn't see the need. Thank you for replying

I'm not trolling actually curious. Why is call recording so important? I see lots who want it.

I work in IT. I must document all requested changes to client IT systems. (to be on the save side, all clients signed a contract agreeing to be recorded for documentation purposes.)
    Yes Im using it currently. Here is the magisk module.