• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question [OnePlus 9 Pro] Difference between EU and India OOS - does a switch makes sense?

Search This thread

OldRon

Nov 4, 2016
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hello,

I tried to find an answer to the following question:
I have an OnePlus 9 Pro bought at TradingShenzen, so it is a Chinese Version with the India OS (actual OS: 11.2.7.7.LE15DA). So the DA hints me, that it is the India-version of the OS. I am aware, that I miss one band for 5G which is no big deal to me.
I was wondering if I can switch from the DA-version to the BA-version (EU-version).

If I can switch what will be the benefit and/or downside? Is anyone her who already did this?

Thanks an d kind regards :)

OldRon

Nov 4, 2016
OnePlus 9 Pro
I live in the Netherlands and work in Germany, so in the middle of the EU region.
At the moment I do not see any reason to switch because everything works fine, it is more a question like did I miss something or might there be a reason like less bloatware that could make me switch.
A full wipe is no problem, I do backups of data on a regular basis :)

Funk Wizard

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2014
New Delhi
OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro
I live in the Netherlands and work in Germany, so in the middle of the EU region.
At the moment I do not see any reason to switch because everything works fine, it is more a question like did I miss something or might there be a reason like less bloatware that could make me switch.
A full wipe is no problem, I do backups of data on a regular basis :)
There is an old saying, don’t fix what ain’t broken. Don’t have any kind of FOMO, IN rom is probably the best suited for your device and is the fastest to get updates as well. Stay with it and enjoy the oos experience till you can.

Best wishes,

Funk

OldRon

Nov 4, 2016
OnePlus 9 Pro
That's what I also had in mind ;)

I was just wondering if there are differences between the EU and India version. Maybe EU related stuff... but if not it would indeed make no sense at all to switch the OS...

JTSaleh

Apr 13, 2017
That's what I also had in mind ;)

I was just wondering if there are differences between the EU and India version. Maybe EU related stuff... but if not it would indeed make no sense at all to switch the OS...
I know this is a couple of weeks old, but I was in the exact same boat as you mate, I did some digging and if anything, the Indian ROM seems to have more features vs some of the others. The extra cloud storage via the "red cable club" promo stuff, free vouchers for discounts, etc. The Indian version even receives updates much faster than the other versions. I was planning to switch to the global/Canada ROM but after getting OOS 11.2.8.8 nearly 2 weeks earlier, I was sold on sticking with the Indian software.

Burt Squirtz

Feb 11, 2018
I know this is a couple of weeks old, but I was in the exact same boat as you mate, I did some digging and if anything, the Indian ROM seems to have more features vs some of the others. The extra cloud storage via the "red cable club" promo stuff, free vouchers for discounts, etc. The Indian version even receives updates much faster than the other versions. I was planning to switch to the global/Canada ROM but after getting OOS 11.2.8.8 nearly 2 weeks earlier, I was sold on sticking with the Indian software.
I totally agree with this. I use visible Wireless which is technically verizon. Phone works perfectly on the Indian 8.8.

The only downside I've noticed is that oddly enough substratum doesn't seem to work properly on Indian builds. And I don't know why that even is -- as it doesn't make any sense.

Last edited: