How To Guide [Oneplus 9 Pro] Extract partitions on unrooted or locked phone.

Search This thread

russel5

Jun 13, 2012
Yekaterinburg
This manual will be useful for phones with Oxygen firmware, because very often they are get incremental updates and many users cannot install update with root, cannot find a stock boot, etc.
Also for those who want to unlock the bootloader at the first time and can save the persist patririon.

What are we need:
* MSMTools
* working fastboot

Let's start:
* reboot your phone in fastboot mode
* enter in cmd console
Code:
fastboot getvar current-slot
in that step we determine the current slot to extract the correct partitions
* start MSMTool program
1.png
* press F8 and you will see this windows
2.png
* choose right partitions (if your current slot are b, then choose for example boot_b, etc)
* in Password: field enter oneplus and press Ok
* if you make all right you will see that new button
3.png
* press on it, connect your phone and wait.
* selected images are saved on C:\
* profit

P.S. sorry for my english ;)

Last edited:

corneo

The tutorial in the first post is somewhat misleading. Fastboot is needed to flash back the partitions. In order for the partitions to be secured with the MSM tool, the phone must be in the EDL mode.

1. that means shutdown the phone
2. Start the MSM tool and press F8 on the keyboard
3. Press both volume keys at the same time and then connect the USB cable
4. Now the tool would have to recognize your phone and the partitions can be selected

The rest is well described in the first post.

Cris092

Feb 7, 2023
I have a question, Im new in xda and I want to backup modest 1/2 and persist. In this post you can do it in MSM but I cannot see modemst1 or 2 in the partitions checkbox. They have another name? Or I cannot backup those partitions via MSM?

Cris092

Feb 7, 2023
This is what my phone says when I open partitions backup
Partition.jpg

So that's why I want to do it via MSM like this post, but I don't know what partitions do I have to check in MSM. I can see persist but modest 1/2 I cant

Reactions: galaxys

immortalwon

Mar 11, 2017
Ok so I made backups using this method like 2 days ago, if we ever need to restore them, how do we do it?

Z-Blade

Jan 29, 2012
Perth
If your phone is already on, you can also use the following command in command prompt to use ADB to reboot into EDL.

adb reboot edl

immortalwon

Mar 11, 2017
Still waiting for an answer from OP or anyone else: After we have made a flash read-back via MSM, how are these firmware files restored????

Z-Blade

Jan 29, 2012
Perth
Still waiting for an answer from OP or anyone else: After we have made a flash read-back via MSM, how are these firmware files restored????
Flashed via Fastboot. For example if you extract boot.img from read-back and you want to restore the boot.img. Reboot your device into Fastboot and enter the following command in command prompt on your computer:

fastboot flash boot boot.img.

Depending on what you are flashing, you need to change the command accordingly. e.g vendor_boot.img

fastboot flash vendor_boot vendor_boot.img

Reactions: immortalwon

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This manual will be useful for phones with Oxygen firmware, because very often they are get incremental updates and many users cannot install update with root, cannot find a stock boot, etc.
    Also for those who want to unlock the bootloader at the first time and can save the persist patririon.

What are we need:
    * MSMTools
    * working fastboot

Let's start:
    * reboot your phone in fastboot mode
    * enter in cmd console
    Code:
    fastboot getvar current-slot
    in that step we determine the current slot to extract the correct partitions
    * start MSMTool program
    1.png
    * press F8 and you will see this windows
    2.png
    * choose right partitions (if your current slot are b, then choose for example boot_b, etc)
    * in Password: field enter oneplus and press Ok
    * if you make all right you will see that new button
    3.png
    * press on it, connect your phone and wait.
    * selected images are saved on C:\
    * profit

P.S. sorry for my english ;)
    The tutorial in the first post is somewhat misleading. Fastboot is needed to flash back the partitions. In order for the partitions to be secured with the MSM tool, the phone must be in the EDL mode.

1. that means shutdown the phone
    2. Start the MSM tool and press F8 on the keyboard
    3. Press both volume keys at the same time and then connect the USB cable
    4. Now the tool would have to recognize your phone and the partitions can be selected

The rest is well described in the first post.
    I have a question, Im new in xda and I want to backup modest 1/2 and persist. In this post you can do it in MSM but I cannot see modemst1 or 2 in the partitions checkbox. They have another name? Or I cannot backup those partitions via MSM?
    Try Partitions Backup in the play store
    This is what my phone says when I open partitions backup
    Partition.jpg

So that's why I want to do it via MSM like this post, but I don't know what partitions do I have to check in MSM. I can see persist but modest 1/2 I cant
    This is what my phone says when I open partitions backupView attachment 5830269
    Sorry for misleading you, other than that not sure how to get the images you want.