• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How To Guide OnePlus 9 Pro: How to switch between Color OS and Oxygen OS without unlocking the bootloader

Search This thread

Khalid Ghouri

Nov 1, 2015
Faisalabad

Fiter8x

Apr 10, 2021
OnePlus 9 Pro
Screenshot_20210421-224557.jpg

My OnePlus 9 Pro LE2120 (Chinese version) is successfully move from ColorOS 11 to OxygenOS 11 Indian region DA... 2G/3G/4G is working as well, IMEI back to normal but I didn't know about 5G because my country still not supported. Overall is Perfect 😁👌

tubekeeper

Feb 28, 2011
New York

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry to bother you, but is there a way to install one on Color OS?
    No, I'm in Europe, and i would like to try Color OS, but without gapps is useless to me...i have le2120 (china model) with oxygen os and want to be sure if i can get working google apps and services before i install color os
    OK, excellent 👍. After you flash Color OS, head on over to apkmirror and download the play store or any apks of your choice. Color OS has google play services baked. Also get the Gboard, Color OS keyboard is completely for Chinese users.
    The China variant of the OnePlus 9 series comes with Color OS instead of Hydrogen OS by default, which is not good news for geeks as Color OS has many limitations compared to Hydrogen OS. Recently, OnePlus has officially provided a way to switch between Color OS and Oxygen OS.

Please note that switching systems will clear all user data, so you better know what you're doing.

· Switch from Color OS to Oxygen OS

Download the downgrade package for the appropriate model and system and put it in the internal storage.

Installation steps: Settings - Software update - Settings (top right corner) - Select installation package - Select the previously downloaded downgrade package - Install now - Install now

If the Select installation package option is grayed out, it means that you now have a pending system update and you can choose to install or skip it.

To skip update: Settings - App management - App list - Menu (top right corner) - Show system - Software update - Storage usage - Clear data - OK - Disconnect all network connections

· Switching from Oxygen OS to Color OS
    Download the downgrade package for the appropriate model and system and put it in the root directory of the internal storage.

Installation steps: Settings - System - System updates - Settings (top right corner) - Local upgrade - Select the previously downloaded downgrade package - CONFIRM

Just reboot your device after the installation is complete and have fun!

Downgrade packages:
    Color OS for OnePlus 9 Pro
    Oxygen OS for OnePlus 9 Pro
    Can anybody share a video tutorial.. It will be very helpful..i am really confused...
    I did it.. but i dont have 5g anymore any ideas?
    OOS 11.2.3.3
    LE2120
    What about volte and 4g+ (carrier aggregation)?
    4g+ and volte work for me but no 5g
    Can you get the colorOs update for the OnePlus 7T instead of the OS update?
    Not yet released