• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

How To Guide OnePlus 9 Pro: How to switch between Color OS and Oxygen OS without unlocking the bootloader

Search This thread

Stanley7777

May 28, 2017
Is this method still working? Im in Color OS software version L05..wanna change to OOS. File downloaded but it seem cant continue to update . The file will half way stop at 33% so could not continue to donwload. Any work around on this?

ARLT

Apr 25, 2021
DOWNLOAD THE PACKAGE FROM THIS LINK
sorry for asking but what's the difference between this package and from the official website one ? because i got the same problem with 'Verification Failed' too

Reactions: 24kmold

24kmold

May 4, 2021
EDIT: I made the mistake of downloading the full package linked in the OTA Telegram. This lead to "Verification failed". Using the "downgrade package" instead solved the problem.

Thank you so much for making these explanations!

Last edited:

MarukuV

May 13, 2021
View attachment 5286181
My OnePlus 9 Pro LE2120 (Chinese version) is successfully move from ColorOS 11 to OxygenOS 11 Indian region DA... 2G/3G/4G is working as well, IMEI back to normal but I didn't know about 5G because my country still not supported. Overall is Perfect 😁👌
There's supposed to be something on the verification on the about phone page right? Same unit with mine. Gets this annoying nvbackup error plus that missing verification menu

mertkan

Feb 12, 2010
Istanbul
There's supposed to be something on the verification on the about phone page right? Same unit with mine. Gets this annoying nvbackup error plus that missing verification menu
Sorry to hear that
Not yet.. i think OnePlus will not be going to fix it. Even the manual toggle 5g.. im trying to send my phone back. And my seller is refusing to take it back.
Sorry to hear that, I hope the seller will take back the device. One last thing , is your device shown as play store certified now? Can you install and open Netflix from the Google play store?

MarukuV

May 13, 2021
Sorry to hear that

Sorry to hear that, I hope the seller will take back the device. One last thing , is your device shown as play store certified now? Can you install and open Netflix from the Google play store?
Netflix works fine. Phone works normally. Only certification issues are really missing in the about phone section. Plus 5g is manually toggled and I'm not happy with that of ever 5g will come to my area. Seller unfortunately won't take back the device. He said he will help me sell it for me . I really don't know if anything will come out good from this 😔😔

Damirie

Nov 19, 2012
The China variant of the OnePlus 9 series comes with Color OS instead of Hydrogen OS by default, which is not good news for geeks as Color OS has many limitations compared to Hydrogen OS. Recently, OnePlus has officially provided a way to switch between Color OS and Oxygen OS.

Please note that switching systems will clear all user data, so you better know what you're doing.

· Switch from Color OS to Oxygen OS

Download the downgrade package for the appropriate model and system and put it in the internal storage.

Installation steps: Settings - Software update - Settings (top right corner) - Select installation package - Select the previously downloaded downgrade package - Install now - Install now

If the Select installation package option is grayed out, it means that you now have a pending system update and you can choose to install or skip it.

To skip update: Settings - App management - App list - Menu (top right corner) - Show system - Software update - Storage usage - Clear data - OK - Disconnect all network connections

· Switching from Oxygen OS to Color OS
Download the downgrade package for the appropriate model and system and put it in the root directory of the internal storage.

Installation steps: Settings - System - System updates - Settings (top right corner) - Local upgrade - Select the previously downloaded downgrade package - CONFIRM

Just reboot your device after the installation is complete and have fun!

Downgrade packages:
Color OS for OnePlus 9 Pro
Oxygen OS for OnePlus 9 Pro
my phone can't success with this step,

Noexcusses

Dec 12, 2016
I downloaded Rom and when I try to install it says that I can't install earlier Rom for better usage of phone and avoiding bugs.
What I'm doing wrong guys?

arslaankhan

Oct 14, 2015
Kapilvastu
OnePlus 9 Pro
I switched from oxygen is to color is via downgrade package while running android 12 in Indian variant of OnePlus 9 pro... Everything seems to be working fine.. Everything was perfect.. As soon as I installed I received OTA. The only issue after switching was the mobile network .!! I was not receiving mobile network in any of my sim.! And also was unable to search network . Wi-Fi connection seems to be working fine. Mobile network was the only issue. Do anyone know how to fix mobile network in LE2121 running color os. Via ADB or Fastboot.!! Plzz let me know. Others will also get help too. And surely I will provide how to switch to color os from oxygen os in OnePlus 9 Pro Indian Variant (LE2121)...
Thanks....!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The China variant of the OnePlus 9 series comes with Color OS instead of Hydrogen OS by default, which is not good news for geeks as Color OS has many limitations compared to Hydrogen OS. Recently, OnePlus has officially provided a way to switch between Color OS and Oxygen OS.

Please note that switching systems will clear all user data, so you better know what you're doing.

· Switch from Color OS to Oxygen OS

Download the downgrade package for the appropriate model and system and put it in the internal storage.

Installation steps: Settings - Software update - Settings (top right corner) - Select installation package - Select the previously downloaded downgrade package - Install now - Install now

If the Select installation package option is grayed out, it means that you now have a pending system update and you can choose to install or skip it.

To skip update: Settings - App management - App list - Menu (top right corner) - Show system - Software update - Storage usage - Clear data - OK - Disconnect all network connections

· Switching from Oxygen OS to Color OS
    Download the downgrade package for the appropriate model and system and put it in the root directory of the internal storage.

Installation steps: Settings - System - System updates - Settings (top right corner) - Local upgrade - Select the previously downloaded downgrade package - CONFIRM

Just reboot your device after the installation is complete and have fun!

Downgrade packages:
    Color OS for OnePlus 9 Pro
    Oxygen OS for OnePlus 9 Pro
    Can anybody share a video tutorial.. It will be very helpful..i am really confused...
    I did it.. but i dont have 5g anymore any ideas?
    OOS 11.2.3.3
    LE2120
    What about volte and 4g+ (carrier aggregation)?
    4g+ and volte work for me but no 5g
    Can you get the colorOs update for the OnePlus 7T instead of the OS update?
    Not yet released