How To Guide OnePlus 9 Pro: How to switch between Color OS and Oxygen OS without unlocking the bootloader

Search This thread

benhidalgo

Dec 13, 2012
Hey, I see a lot of confusion about IMEI and stuff.

I am currently running Oxygen 11 on my EU 9 Pro: LE2123

Want to switch to ColorOS. Will I be able to do that with no issues? I honestly cannot make much sense out of the mix of messages and versions... Thank
None. I switched to OOS and back to COS with no issues. Follow the OP it's easy. COS is my favorite so far. But they're both great.

Reactions: schwarzerfleck

schwarzerfleck

Aug 20, 2015
Berlin
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9 Pro
None. I switched to OOS and back to COS with no issues. Follow the OP it's easy. COS is my favorite so far. But they're both great.

Thank you very much. I just switched to COS on my 8T without any issues, more than a month ago, but 9 Pro was not as straight forward from the Q&A.

ColorOS is far superior in my eyes, from both subjective AND objective standpoints. Good that I can switch to it on my main device.

Reactions: car king

benhidalgo

Dec 13, 2012
Thank you very much. I just switched to COS on my 8T without any issues, more than a month ago, but 9 Pro was not as straight forward from the Q&A.

ColorOS is far superior in my eyes, from both subjective AND objective standpoints. Good that I can switch to it on my main device.
Which build number do you have? I have the 120. I think the T-Mobile is the only one with a drawback. Like Dr Strange said: "It's a Simple Spell But Quite Unbreakable."

KolleDerBoss

Jun 23, 2021
Hello. I have an EU OP9 Pro and wanted to switch to Color OS. The downgrade worked, but I can't install the Color OS file. Has anyone here already done this with an EU OnePlus or is it generally not possible to change the OS?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I switched from oxygen is to color is via downgrade package while running android 12 in Indian variant of OnePlus 9 pro... Everything seems to be working fine.. Everything was perfect.. As soon as I installed I received OTA. The only issue after switching was the mobile network .!! I was not receiving mobile network in any of my sim.! And also was unable to search network . Wi-Fi connection seems to be working fine. Mobile network was the only issue. Do anyone know how to fix mobile network in LE2121 running color os. Via ADB or Fastboot.!! Plzz let me know. Others will also get help too. And surely I will provide how to switch to color os from oxygen os in OnePlus 9 Pro Indian Variant (LE2121)...
    Thanks....!!!
    You should not switch directly from oxygen android 12 into color os 11.
    You should have made a downgrade same oxygen from android 12 to 11, then make the switch.
    My advise now is: switch to oxygen 11 and check if mobile network is working or no .
    If no, flash android 12 and it should work, then downgrade same oxygen from android 12 to 11, before making any switch.
    You can switch any 1+ phones to Color OS. My friend from India did. He told me he used a VPN to get the full features on his 8T with Color OS. I don't know what gets blocked off from China but a VPN can solve that.

This is my favorite settings from Color OS:

I use Nova and Crispy per theming.
    😉👍

Screenshot_2021-06-18-16-45-11-51_7ed4330e811c501c45ab5748ca75a3d5.jpg
    Can we switch from OxygenOS to ColorOS on OnePlus 9 Pro indian variant?
    you can easily switch to color os in indian variant of oneplus 9 pro . everything will be working fine with color os .. but you will not get network of any either of your network..!!! Just in case if you are eager to switch to color os without simcard network . Here is a procedure ..
    First install android 12 developer preview 1 in your oneplus 9 pro.
    Install system update apk . You can get the link i the forum of android 12 ..
    Then download the downgrade package of color os.
    Open system update app and tap the gear icon.
    Select local update and select the color os downgrade package..!!.
    Wait until it installs and reboot..
    Uhhuh ...you are now using color os in your oneplus 9 pro ..!! But will no sim network 👍😜
    Hey, I see a lot of confusion about IMEI and stuff.

I am currently running Oxygen 11 on my EU 9 Pro: LE2123

Want to switch to ColorOS. Will I be able to do that with no issues? I honestly cannot make much sense out of the mix of messages and versions... Thank

The China variant of the OnePlus 9 series comes with Color OS instead of Hydrogen OS by default, which is not good news for geeks as Color OS has many limitations compared to Hydrogen OS. Recently, OnePlus has officially provided a way to switch between Color OS and Oxygen OS.

Please note that switching systems will clear all user data, so you better know what you're doing.

· Switch from Color OS to Oxygen OS

Download the downgrade package for the appropriate model and system and put it in the internal storage.

Installation steps: Settings - Software update - Settings (top right corner) - Select installation package - Select the previously downloaded downgrade package - Install now - Install now

If the Select installation package option is grayed out, it means that you now have a pending system update and you can choose to install or skip it.

To skip update: Settings - App management - App list - Menu (top right corner) - Show system - Software update - Storage usage - Clear data - OK - Disconnect all network connections

· Switching from Oxygen OS to Color OS
    Download the downgrade package for the appropriate model and system and put it in the root directory of the internal storage.

Installation steps: Settings - System - System updates - Settings (top right corner) - Local upgrade - Select the previously downloaded downgrade package - CONFIRM

Just reboot your device after the installation is complete and have fun!

Downgrade packages:
    Color OS for OnePlus 9 Pro
    Oxygen OS for OnePlus 9 Pro
    Can anybody share a video tutorial.. It will be very helpful..i am really confused...
    Finally !
    I did it.. but i dont have 5g anymore any ideas?
    OOS 11.2.3.3
    LE2120
    What about volte and 4g+ (carrier aggregation)?
    4g+ and volte work for me but no 5g
    Can you get the colorOs update for the OnePlus 7T instead of the OS update?
    Not yet released