How To Guide OnePlus 9 Pro: How to switch between Color OS and Oxygen OS without unlocking the bootloader

Search This thread

null0seven

Oct 1, 2013
Iasi
Anyone from Europa use Color OS?
If yes how are the updates? They come? Or you have to do it manually?
Color OS have Oxigen option "Rise to answer a call" in Settings > gestures > Quick gestures ?

ashokmor007

Aug 13, 2012
GB
OnePlus One
OnePlus 3
here is my test result .

1. update to the Android 12 then roll back to color os.
2.flash the provided link for Modem ..work ok with4G but no 5G im in the US with the USA model so maybe i need to flash my own modem to work ...
3. Flash the tmobile Modem found on XDA and messup my phone bricked it !! but msm save me .

after flashing the Tmo modem im keep getting Qualcomm dump Crush screen, ....

i get that screen when I first time flashes schwarzerfleck's modem . but after reboot it is fine...

also what I notice is every OTA update will kill the modem u will need to reflash the modem to get
data/call working ...

if anyone would like to chat about this please pm ur telegram we can share our experience.
flashing modem doesnt work on 9

benhidalgo

Dec 13, 2012
No, I'm in Europe, and i would like to try Color OS, but without gapps is useless to me...i have le2120 (china model) with oxygen os and want to be sure if i can get working google apps and services before i install color os
OK, excellent 👍. After you flash Color OS, head on over to apkmirror and download the play store or any apks of your choice. Color OS has google play services baked. Also get the Gboard, Color OS keyboard is completely for Chinese users.

Reactions: schjor

Rachiley

Sep 30, 2010
Here is a lengthy way to get this working on a EU 9 Pro with WORKING SIM card. I just completed my first phone call! Only do this if you know what you are doing and if you are familiar with the concepts of flashing ROMs, using fastboot to flash partitions and possibly using the MSM tool to restore your device in case something goes wrong. I told you.

Steps to switch from OOS>COS on non-chinese OnePlus 9 Pro. Credits to: Telegram user SamuraiTronVC

Note: This whole process will wipe your data.

1. Install Android A12 Beta 1 by OnePlus via Local Upgrade.

2. Once booted into A12 Beta, install the custom Local Update APK that they provide.

3. Install the ColorOS Dowgrade package and reboot.

Here is how to fix the missing network on 9 Pro. I tested it with my own LE2123 EU 9 Pro, but since the A12 DP is working on IN and NA versions as well, should work for everyone. I updated to the latest ColorOS build after step 3, A.08. Don't know if that is required, but do it anyways. The phone has been behaving a bit weird after doing this - e.g. boot loops once, but then it works etc. Not sure if it has to do with steps 4-6, but proceed with caution. Credits to: Myself.

4. Extract the modem.img from the A12 DP using Payload Dumper. I did it already and you can download it here, but feel free to extract the .img yourself.

5. Unlock your bootloader: fastboot oem unlock

6. Flash the modem.img: fastboot flash modem modem.img
please try to update color 12 beta,it can fix sim card issue.it works for me.

Nirvana Rules

Apr 29, 2010
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
OnePlus 9 Pro
Ok I managed to flash Color OS beta I even was able to apply update. The only thing that I don't like so far is that when I use Google messages it request permission to send... With every single message. Is there a way to fix this?
I'm using my le2125

rackis18

Jun 6, 2013
I'm running ColorOS official last update on LE2123 everything works signal etc bootloader locked
Screenshot_2021-11-26-00-19-11-14_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The China variant of the OnePlus 9 series comes with Color OS instead of Hydrogen OS by default, which is not good news for geeks as Color OS has many limitations compared to Hydrogen OS. Recently, OnePlus has officially provided a way to switch between Color OS and Oxygen OS.

Please note that switching systems will clear all user data, so you better know what you're doing.

· Switch from Color OS to Oxygen OS

Download the downgrade package for the appropriate model and system and put it in the internal storage.

Installation steps: Settings - Software update - Settings (top right corner) - Select installation package - Select the previously downloaded downgrade package - Install now - Install now

If the Select installation package option is grayed out, it means that you now have a pending system update and you can choose to install or skip it.

To skip update: Settings - App management - App list - Menu (top right corner) - Show system - Software update - Storage usage - Clear data - OK - Disconnect all network connections

· Switching from Oxygen OS to Color OS
    Download the downgrade package for the appropriate model and system and put it in the root directory of the internal storage.

Installation steps: Settings - System - System updates - Settings (top right corner) - Local upgrade - Select the previously downloaded downgrade package - CONFIRM

Just reboot your device after the installation is complete and have fun!

Downgrade packages:
    Color OS for OnePlus 9 Pro
    Oxygen OS for OnePlus 9 Pro
    Can anybody share a video tutorial.. It will be very helpful..i am really confused...
    What about volte and 4g+ (carrier aggregation)?
    4g+ and volte work for me but no 5g
    I did it.. but i dont have 5g anymore any ideas?
    OOS 11.2.3.3
    LE2120
    Mod edit - translated by https://translate.google.com/:
    thanks
    感谢