General OnePlus 9 Pro Oxygen OS 11.2.5.5 AA / BA / DA + Magisked boot (Root)

Search This thread

Steve0007

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mode
May 10, 2009
Paris
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9 Pro
Kuddos @Steve0007
Everything worked like a charm.
Coming from a stock and updated EU 11.2.3.3.LE15BA I first unlock bootloader really easily. Coming from an old HTC U11, the O+ unlocking method is just sooooooo easy and shorter. You may pay attention to the fact that, once bootloader unlocked, adb reboot bootloader command isn't working and just make OOs reboot to itself. At least on my device, I have to manualy enter fastboot using vol- and powerup at boot combo

I then did boot from a Magisked (BA / DA) IMG but once landed on OOS, magisk manager asked me that it needs a specific step for my device and then reboot. Then I update magisk manager to latest available stable apk, but from there, MAGISK won't let me flash to the available slot. So specifically here, I needed to re do the fastboot boot boot.img command : the update + reboot MAGISK needs get me out of the temporary BOOT.IMG I was on to a true boot.img.
Once rebooted, magisk manager now allowed me to flash to the available slot and everything now works flawlessly and safetynet is 100% ok once Magisk hide is triggered.

That's why I choose O+ to replace my old HTC U11. This latest had a good community to magiskroot it and I knew many now chose O+ because of the community developments on their device.

Great !

JayGoat

Dec 7, 2010
Merritt Island
OnePlus 9 Pro
Just wanting to make sure I have this correct.

I'm on 1.1.2.3.3 AA un-rooted. To root I can use the magisked 1.1.2.2.2 AA boot image to temporarily boot via fastboot and then I can direct install through the magisk app which will patch my current 1.1.2.3.3 AA boot? And then I'll be rooted?

Coming from the Pixel line and while booting boot images isn't new, this whole incremental update and not releasing full images is. Thanks for the help ahead of time.

pyry666

Dec 27, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro
Just wanting to make sure I have this correct.

I'm on 1.1.2.3.3 AA un-rooted. To root I can use the magisked 1.1.2.2.2 AA boot image to temporarily boot via fastboot and then I can direct install through the magisk app which will patch my current 1.1.2.3.3 AA boot? And then I'll be rooted?

Coming from the Pixel line and while booting boot images isn't new, this whole incremental update and not releasing full images is. Thanks for the help ahead of time.
If it boots with 11.2.2.2AA magisk patched image in a first place, you can then direct install magisk and are good to go.

pyry666

Dec 27, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro
Yeah that's what I'm trying to figure out if it will even boot with the 1.1.2.2.2AA image. Currently the 1.1.2.3.3AA isn't available unfortunately.
You cant mess anything up with fastboot boot *.img command if it bootloops etc just reboot your device and you are good. You are not flashing anything just bootin

Kyrluckechuck

May 17, 2017
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 9 Pro
Has anyone had any luck updating NA (AA) to 11.2.3.3?

Obviously the full OTA isn't available anywhere, so not really certain what steps I can take to update, or if it's even possible?

If anyone managed to get a `boot.img` and could link it that would be greatly appreciated, but also curious how! 🙂

(BTW the 11.2.3.3 Global/NA/AA build linked in OP is not correct)

Edit:
  1. So I uninstalled magisk, did OTA patch to 11.2.3.3 and restarted, waiting for post-install to finish.
  2. I attempted to boot the 11.2.2.2 NA patched magisk image found here (https://mega.nz/folder/zJ0HBagZ#JscMHRWJluAsNqpeqNpgng, sorry can't remember which thread I got this link from)
    `fastboot boot magisk_patched_84fsd.img`
  3. Then installed magisk to the other slot (in the app) (so hopefully that would retain the new boot.img instead of flashing the in-memory older versioned one? I might be wrong in how this works / the assumptions I made).
  4. It looks like it's all working and setup now, though! 🤞
Someone please update/comment if I made some mistakes in this process or if there was an easier way 😅

Last edited:

Steve0007

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mode
May 10, 2009
Paris
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9 Pro

Obviously the full OTA isn't available anywhere, so not really certain what steps I can take to update, or if it's even possible?

If anyone managed to get a `boot.img` and could link it that would be greatly appreciated, but also curious how! 🙂

Edit:
  1. So I uninstalled magisk, did OTA patch to 11.2.3.3 and restarted, waiting for post-install to finish.
  2. I attempted to boot the 11.2.2.2 NA patched magisk image found here (https://mega.nz/folder/zJ0HBagZ#JscMHRWJluAsNqpeqNpgng, sorry can't remember which thread I got this link from)
  3. Then installed magisk to the other slot (in the app) (so hopefully that would retain the new boot.img instead of flashing the in-memory older versioned one? I might be wrong in how this works / the assumptions I made).
Someone please update/comment if I made some mistakes in this process or if there was an easier way 😅

Looks ok to me

Reactions: Kyrluckechuck

Levi4cyber

Apr 26, 2018
OnePlus 9 Pro
Coming from Xiaomi devices where I always had TWRP, I'm new to OnePlus and this whole flashing.....

I just got my OP9P, and know how to unlock bootloader.
How do I root with magisk (pls as detailed as possible), I have no idea with slots etc.?

Also, if I unlock the bootloader (wipes phone), then use my phone regularly, can I then flash magisk without wiping the phone?

Last edited:

deezid

Jun 26, 2010
Viersen
Seems like 11.2.44 is rolling out in India right now. More overheating fixes and more consistent white balance and less oversharpening on the camera.

OlMightyG

Jul 4, 2013
I booted with the patched image to create a patched version from the untouched boot.img. I dont know if it was the right way to go. Then I installed the image and Magisk, got root. It offered me to directly install. Unfortunately I do not pass safety net and apps like Netflix do not work. Can anybody help? Thanks in advance.

Fre$h

• Oct 22, 2013
    HTC U11
    OnePlus 9 Pro
    11.2.4.4 OTA is now live here in France.
    Screenshot_20210421-185027.jpg

Fre$h

• Oct 22, 2013
    HTC U11
    OnePlus 9 Pro
    I've updated nicely using the method described few posts ago :
    - Disable every magisk module then reboot
    - Use Oxygen updater app : it detects that I'm rooted and offer to download the full OTA package
    - Once downloaded, I went to parameters / system / system update then use the whell icon to opt for a local update : it directly points to the correct OTA file donwload through Oxygen updater
    - I did not reboot once the OTA installed
    - I went back to magisk app then Flash Magisk to the available slot.
    - Once rebooted, I activated my magisj modules ... Et voilà

L1 Widevine level still and update was applyed

GreekPilot

Jun 12, 2008
    OnePlus 9 Pro
    After applying the above procedure, I successfully updated the rom buy i lost safety net.....

And I am asking.... If i manually update the last rom again and reboot my phone, I will loose root. Can i reroot from the begging using the new patched file from the new image?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      11.2.5.5AA boot.img, stock and magisk patched:

Edit:

Looks ok to me
      Anyone that is using Magisk Hide Props Config module with 8 series fingerprint can remove that module and revert back to 9Pro fingerprint. Play store is still certified and passes SafetyNet.
      Anyone have 11.2.5.5 global incremental (ota) zip they can share
      OnePlus 9 Pro Oxygen OS 11.2.5.5.LE15 AA/ BA / DA

System
      • Improved charging performance
      • Fixed the small probability lagging issue of keyboard
      • Fixed known issues and improved system stability
      • Updated Android security patch to 2021.05
      Camera
      • Improved the HDR effect in some shooting scenes
      • Improved the white balance performance of the rear camera
      Network
      • Improved the stability of network communication
      • Improved the performance of Wi-Fi connection

US version (AA)
      • Not yet available
      European version (BA)
      Indian edition (DA)

OnePlus 9 Pro Oxygen OS 11.2.4.4.LE15 AA/ BA / DA

System
      • Improved charging stability
      • Improved the sensitivity of the keyboard in the edge area
      • Improved the temperature control strategy
      • Fixed the issue that the battery icon in the status bar is abnormally displayed
      • Fixed the small probability issue that Google Fi SIM card can not accept incoming calls
      • Fixed known issues and improved system stability
      • Updated Android security patch to 2021.04
      • Updated GMS package to 2021.03
      Camera
      • Improved the image purity and the ambiance performance
      • Improved the white balance consistency of the rear camera
      • Improved image over-sharpening of the rear camera

US version (AA)
      European version (BA)
      Indian edition (DA)
      OOS 11.2.5.5 boot :
      Untouched/magisked (AA)
      Untouched/Magisked (BA)
      Untouched/Magisked (DA)

OOS 11.2.4.4 boot :
      Untouched/magisked (AA)
      Untouched/Magisked (BA)
      Untouched/Magisked (DA)

LE2120 - China: ColorOS
      LE2121 - India : DA
      LE2123 - EU: BA
      LE2125 - NA/Global: AA
      LE2127 - T-Mobile : ??

STEPS to root your device:

Root the OnePlus 9 Pro (with bootloader already unlocked)

Step 1 - booting temporarily root​

1. Connect your phone to your pc and boot it into fastboot mode. You can leave it connected throughout this guide.

2. Code once in fastboot mode:
      "fastboot boot magisk_boot.img" (use the magisk_boot.img from the above zip file)
      "adb reboot"

You could flash this boot.img, but it's safer to temporarily boot from it without overwriting your existing image in case anything went wrong along the way. The effect is that you still get root access without modifying your device, and then you can use the much safer Magisk direct install option, which has some safeguards in place.

By booting with the patched image, you now have temporary root access. To make it permanent open Magisk app.

a. Select the Install option.
      b. Use Direct Install (Recommended) to root your internal boot.img

Step 2 - Reboot and your device is now rooted !​

Unlock the Bootloader and Root the OnePlus 9 Pro

Step 1 – Enable OEM unlocking​

You need to enable OEM unlocking, which can be done by enabling the developer settings on your device. To do so, go to Settings > About phone and repeatedly tap Build number. Developer options will then be added to your system settings, where you can then enable OEM unlocking.

TMO-Unlock-1.png

Step 2 – Unlock your phone​

Set up adb, reboot into your bootloader, and run the following command. Yes, it’s really that simple!

"fastboot oem unlock"
      You can reboot into the bootloader by switching on USB debugging, setting up adb and fastboot and typing “adb reboot bootloader”. Alternatively, you can hold volume down and the power button to boot up your device. USB debugging is also located under the developer options.

OnePlus 7 Pro fastboot unlock bootloader

Step 3 - booting temporarily root​

1. Connect your phone to your pc and boot it into fastboot mode. You can leave it connected throughout this guide.

2. Code once in fastboot mode:
      "fastboot boot magisk_boot.img" (use the magisk_boot.img from the above zip file)
      "adb reboot"

You could flash this boot.img, but it's safer to temporarily boot from it without overwriting your existing image in case anything went wrong along the way. The effect is that you still get root access without modifying your device, and then you can use the much safer Magisk direct install option, which has some safeguards in place.

By booting with the patched image, you now have temporary root access. To make it permanent open Magisk app.

Step 4 - Install magisk​

Install the latest Magisk Canary apk on your phone. Open it and:

a. Select the Install option.
      b. Use Direct Install (Recommended) to root your internal boot.img

Step 5 - Reboot and your device is now rooted !​

Damn, nothing for Global yet eh...
      You can download the EU stock boot.img that's in this thread (2nd post), download the latest magisk canary manager and patch that boot.img. Then you can temporarily gain root by rebooting to bootloader and booting that image ex. "fastboot boot boot.img"( your boot.img name will vary after patching). After the phone boots you can just go into magisk manager and do a "direct install" and that will patch your global boot.img to gain permanent root.
      Hate to be that guy but: can someone provoide step by step guide including fastboot commands to get my EU 9pro rooted?
      Usually can figure this stuff out ok myself but have never tinkered a device without TWRP and not really that familiar with fastboot other than booting to TWRP and other very basic stuff?

1. Go in fastboot
      2. "fastboot oem unlock"
      2.5. Reboot device and set it up again (unlock clears data), and go back to fastboot
      3. "fastboot boot boot.img" where boot.img is a magisk patched boot image from this thread, this makes you boot with the patched image without actually flashing and overwriting yours
      4. Device will now boot with the boot.img, now open Magisk and do a direct install where it will patch your own boot.img
      5. Reboot and you should be done

If you are feeling lucky, you can just "fastboot flash boot boot.img" instead of doing 3, 4, and 5. (Don't actually do this you need your stock boot.img to take OTA)
      if you don't mind, what steps did you take? did you fastboot the magisk-patched boot image then use magisk to patch (direct install)? I have the US unlocked version

Use the global boot.img in post #24 if you are Global 11.2.1.1.LE15AA.

I’m using Magisk stable, but others also seem to have success with canary as well.

Download either of those on your phone, and put that boot.img on your bootloader unlocked device. Install Magisk on your device, and patch that boot.img.

Transfer that magisk_patched_xxxx.img file back to your PC in your platform tools folder.

Boot back into fastboot

adb reboot bootloader

and then run these following fastboot boot commands

fastboot boot magisk_patched.img

fastboot reboot

Go back into magisk, run install > direct install, then reboot that one last time.

You’re now rooted, and may or may not have safetynet passing, apparently due to OnePlus not having the Google Play certified yet? (see other threads on this) Basic integrity should now be passing once Magisk Hide is enabled, but CTS profile would not pass until I followed the steps from post #50, installing Magisk Hide Props and using 8 Pro Global fingerprint and rebooting.

Then I had to clear Netflix, Play Store, and Play Services cache/data, and reboot one final last time.

Safety net should finally pass for ya’ll!

Hope this helps! 😝
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone