then tap restore images
DO NOT reboot your phone
instead go to the updater and update your phone and once thats done downloading
go back to magisk and install in inactive slot
then you reboot

AhsanU

• Sep 27, 2013
    NYC
    Apologies if this has been asked but I haven't found a clear answer in this thread.

I'm receiving a OP 9 Pro with the global ROM in a few days and am interested in getting the latest updates by flashing the EU ROM. I am not interested in rooting as I just don't need it. Can I just download the EU ROM zip and flash it via local upgrade and be officially on the EU ROM? I am also interested in just checking for updates normally and getting it immediately without any hassles while on the EU ROM.

Cheers!

kezz93

Apr 23, 2021
    Apologies if this has been asked but I haven't found a clear answer in this thread.

I'm receiving a OP 9 Pro with the global ROM in a few days and am interested in getting the latest updates by flashing the EU ROM. I am not interested in rooting as I just don't need it. Can I just download the EU ROM zip and flash it via local upgrade and be officially on the EU ROM? I am also interested in just checking for updates normally and getting it immediately without any hassles while on the EU ROM.

Cheers!
    You can just download the EU ROM, put the zip file in the mail folder and install it from the manual update

Reactions: AhsanU

MomZo_Yipiyo

May 10, 2021
    Hey.

What is the difference between Global (AA) and EU (BA) versions?

I have a L2120 (Chinese 1+ 9 Pro) currently running 11.2.5.5 LE15 DA.
    I would like to flash the Global or EU version to remove all the gimmicks for Indian users included in the DA version (Red Cable Club, Cloud storage, Cricket...)

Is it possible to download the full zip of 11.2.5.5 AA or BA and install it through local update, or I have to wait for the next update to do that?
    In other words, can we flash the same OS version but with a different region?

Thanks for your help.

MomZo_Yipiyo

May 10, 2021
    I confirm it is not possible to flash the same OOS version with a different region.
    I just tried and it didn't let me proceed because "the version is older than the current one".
    I will try with the next update.

I'm still interested in the differences between EU and Global versions, if any of you know the answer.

Reactions: galaxys

djsubterrain

• Jan 4, 2012
    Livingston
    OnePlus 9 Pro
    Reactions: galaxys

yosry

Jan 3, 2013
    I did try that one but for some reason it didnt work i modify the file as per instructions but not working
    I tried similar method but for oneplus 8t and that method have 2 files that replace the factory one instead of modify the existing file just replace the hole file plus add another file that method worked for me but there's a catch this method you have to force 5G every time you restart your phone by this code *#*#4636#*#* and choose the 5G from that setting that way i have 5G fully working with no issue but have to remember to turn it on every time you restart the phone
    If you want any more details feel free to ask and i will be glad to help

giaur

Aug 27, 2013
    I did try that one but for some reason it didnt work i modify the file as per instructions but not working
    I tried similar method but for oneplus 8t and that method have 2 files that replace the factory one instead of modify the existing file just replace the hole file plus add another file that method worked for me but there's a catch this method you have to force 5G every time you restart your phone by this code *#*#4636#*#* and choose the 5G from that setting that way i have 5G fully working with no issue but have to remember to turn it on every time you restart the phone
    If you want any more details feel free to ask and i will be glad to help
    Interesting, can you tell what did you do step by step? I want to unlock all eu bands. Eu system is already installed, my model is Chinese variant

giaur

Aug 27, 2013
    Of course it's possible. I think you got problems because your system is rooted and modified. Update has nothing to do with your data

kezz93

Apr 23, 2021
    Interesting, can you tell what did you do step by step? I want to unlock all eu bands. Eu system is already installed, my model is Chinese variant
    Hello. I also have Chinese phone with EU firmware. Do you have a problem with overheating? Cause my phone is becoming hot after few minutes of using

giaur

Aug 27, 2013
    Hello. I also have Chinese phone with EU firmware. Do you have a problem with overheating? Cause my phone is becoming hot after few minutes of using
    EU firmware installed yesterday, no change so far - no overheating, the same as on previous India version. Some recent update solves overheating problem.

BTW, does anybody know - if local update applied, will I still get next ota updates?

Top Liked Posts