General [OnePlus 9 Pro][ROM][OTA][Oxygen OS] Repo of Oxygen OS Builds

Search This thread

OP9Pro

May 5, 2021
The transition occurs without deleting information. The main thing is that the firmware versions match. The firmware of India and Europe are the same, only the frequency aggregation is different (bands)

OP9Pro

May 5, 2021
I also noticed one difference between Color OS and Oxygen OS: Color can work on two Wi-Fi networks at the same time (if both are available), while Oxygen OS does not. It's a shame, good idea ...

MomZo_Yipiyo

May 10, 2021
The transition occurs without deleting information. The main thing is that the firmware versions match. The firmware of India and Europe are the same, only the frequency aggregation is different (bands)
But the bands are hardware related, not software, right?
When you buy the Chinese variant of the 9 Pro, you have access to the following bands no matter which OS region you are using?

Screenshot_20210514-224302__01.jpg

OP9Pro

May 5, 2021
So they write in different topics of the forum. It is difficult to verify this, we have to take it as the truth.

I could only confirm this by the fact that 5g can be activated through the engineering menu, like any frequency aggregation, regardless of firmware.

MomZo_Yipiyo

May 10, 2021
It's interesting, thank you for bringing this on the table.
I live in Vietnam where there is no 5G at the moment, so not directly impacted by these choices. But it should be coming before the end of the year, so I still want to understand how it works and be sure I can get the 5G when it is ready.

I am currently wondering if I stay on India version or if I switch to EU region with the next update, mostly because I don't use the specific Indian gimmicks (Red Cable Club, Cloud Saving, Call recorder...)
If switching to EU version would enable all available bands for the Chinese variant, without having to mess up with the engineering hidden option menu, it might be the right choice.

OP9Pro

May 5, 2021
I think it's too early to draw conclusions. Have to update many more times. Until now, calls and VOLte are not included in the Wi-Fi settings. Everyone has to activate them manually ... it's just not right

giaur

Aug 27, 2013
If it is not hardware related, why is there a list with different available bands depending on the phone variant?
I guess it's configured somewhere beyond any ota update. Also you should notice Oneplus itself says available bands are possible to unlock by software update - they have been asked about only limited bands available in India version and what if new bands required when 5G launches there - they said it's not hardware related and software update can unlock any band required.

So I guess there are some bands unlocked by default and ota don't affect them, but they are also able to include configuration changes if they want to. So far, no config changes have been considered as required though, so applying update does not change anything.

[edit]
I was wrong, company says opposite: https://www.mysmartprice.com/gear/oneplus-9-9-pro-9r-wont-get-more-5g-bands-india/

However, 8t Pro got additional bands with ota. So, we actually know nothing. Personally, I don't think variants are hw diffetent. How to unlock new bands and if it's possible with ota or not is another question. Maybe it's possible with some engineer menu or so

Last edited:

MomZo_Yipiyo

May 10, 2021
Oneplus itself says available bands are possible to unlock by software update - they have been asked about only limited bands available in India version and what if new bands required when 5G launches there - they said it's not hardware related and software update can unlock any band required.
They just said the contrary on OnePlus forum, that Indian version of 9 series won't be able to support more than 2 bands, and as it is "hardware" related, it is not possible to add more by software update.

Question: OnePlus 9 series has only 2 5G bands for India, is there a possibility to get more through software updates?
Answer: No, this is not possible to update via software in the future. The Indian OnePlus 9 Series models only support 2 bands for 5G New Radio (NR).

giaur

Aug 27, 2013
They just said the contrary on OnePlus forum, that Indian version of 9 series won't be able to support more than 2 bands, and as it is "hardware" related, it is not possible to add more by software update.
Yes, I edited my post. However, as I said I am pretty sure it's possible to change and I hope somebody will find a way because we will never get official info from company.

Hardware is the same and hardware can be congugured.

MomZo_Yipiyo

May 10, 2021
When I see the amount of complaining Indian citizens on OnePlus forum because they only got two 5G bands and they were "promised" more will come through software updates, and thinking India is OnePlus bigger market, I believe they might find a solution to deploy a few more bands to calm down the crowd...

If it is really a matter of Qualcomm licence, then we should be able to unlock the bands directly from the phone, or with a laptop and some tools.

Wait and see to find out.

Tokic

Apr 17, 2021
Long time Oneplus user, but first one without TWRP, so the root and update process is new to me...

Just to be clear. On the BA (Europe) version.
To go from 11.2.2.2 to 11.2.3.3 version.

I disable all Magisk Modules and reboot device.
I download the full 11.2.3.3 package via Oxygen Updater app
I install it via Local Upgrade.
I DO NOT REBOOT
I go into Magisk and choose "Install to inactive slot"
I reboot.

Correct?
What is the easiest way to disable all Magisk Modules?

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone