General [OnePlus 9 Pro][ROM][OTA][Oxygen OS] Repo of Oxygen OS Builds

Search This thread

Effizio01

May 27, 2015
Yep, but still can be rooted easily. I just follow that method
1 : disable every magisk modules
2: reboot
3: clicking on uninstall magisk in magisk manager, choose the image restore option
4: in parameters app // about this device, launch the update from here
5 : Once done DO NOT REBOOT
6: in Magisk manager, Install Magisk, the choose the Flash to the other slot (after OTA choice)
7: once done, reboot and reactivate every magisk modules you use,
8: reboot et voilà :)

Playstore is in not certified mode as each update. Clearing the cache and data of the app is fixing the issue
Widevine L1 level is also maintained here.
Yeah work, thanks

mlord

Aug 18, 2014
Yep, but still can be rooted easily. I just follow that method
1 : disable every magisk modules
2: reboot
3: clicking on uninstall magisk in magisk manager, choose the image restore option
4: in parameters app // about this device, launch the update from here
5 : Once done DO NOT REBOOT
6: in Magisk manager, Install Magisk, the choose the Flash to the other slot (after OTA choice)
7: once done, reboot and reactivate every magisk modules you use,
8: reboot et voilà
Anyone here here had similar success? Sounds like it should work.

mlord

Aug 18, 2014
Mmmm.. The Magisk boot images for C.48 here claim to be for Magisk 24.3, but instead they are some unknown "alpha" version. WTF?

mlord

Aug 18, 2014
Mmm.. There is confusion. The Incremental OTA downloads and suggests it is installing, and ends with a "Restart Now" prompt. So here, I go to Magisk and re-install to inactive slot. Then click on that "Restart Now", and the OTA only THEN begins to try to install itself, and fails because Magisk has already fiddled with it.

What's the correct sequence here?

Fre$h

Mmmm.. The Magisk boot images for C.48 here claim to be for Magisk 24.3, but instead they are some unknown "alpha" version. WTF?

Mmm.. There is confusion. The Incremental OTA downloads and suggests it is installing, and ends with a "Restart Now" prompt. So here, I go to Magisk and re-install to inactive slot. Then click on that "Restart Now", and the OTA only THEN begins to try to install itself, and fails because Magisk has already fiddled with it.

What's the correct sequence here?
Let's try to understand in which software situation you are.
Are you trying to update your device while being temporary booted on a Magisk boot images ?
If yes, you first need to " finish" your rooting process on the main boot image, then try to update once you boot correctly on a "definitive" patched boot image, not on this prepatched boot image that you will loose when you simply reboot your phone. What's your actual OOs version too ?

If I refer to your first message quoted here, once booted on the Magisk boot images using the fastboot boot magisk_boot.img command, you have to first use Direct Install (Recommended) to root your internal boot.img and reboot. your device will now reboot on a rooted internal boot.Img
After that, try first to update magsik manager then magisk itself to the latest version which is 25.1
And finally, update OOs using the method I described yesterday if your device is a LE2123 like me

mlord

Aug 18, 2014
Let's try to understand in which software situation you are.
My OP9pro is running with unlocked bootloader and that mysterious alpha version of Magisk on C.48. Everything happy and working well.

For the C.61 OTA incremental, I go into Magisk, disabled modules, reboot. Back into Magisk, "restore" boot images, and then goto the OOS12 About->Version and tell it to download/install the C.61 OTA. At the end of the OTA, it has a button for "Restart Now", which I don't use. There, I go back to Magisk, and do "install to inactive" partition.

At this point, there are choices: Can try rebooting directly from Magisk, or from the OTA screen. I chose the OTA screen, tapping on the "Restart Now" button. In response, it then says "installing" .. and then has an error of some kind which I've forgotten.

So that sequence didn't work, and rebooting puts me back on C.48. I've reinstalled the Magisk boot image, so back to where I started now.

Cheers

Reactions: Fre$h

Fre$h

My OP9pro is running with unlocked bootloader and that mysterious alpha version of Magisk on C.48. Everything happy and working well.
Ok, did you already tried to update this alphamagisk ? you should have some update button to transform that alpha to magisk 25.1 version. ( first update the magisk application itself, then once reloaded it will shows you the update for magisk)

I did reboot using magisk at the end of the flash process to the other slot, but I don't think that makes a difference. A reboot is a reboot =)
Once it rebooted, it just showwed the O+ logo that was lasting a bit longer, to finally land directly onto the updated ROM.

Maybe you can take a screenshot of the error you encounter if it appears again.

Reactions: galaxys

mlord

Aug 18, 2014
This is the same Magisk (alpha) that is in the boot images in post #1 of this very thread. It has no option to revert to "stock" Magisk, but does have a place where I could enter a "custom" URL for updates if only I knew the correct URL.

Fre$h

This is the same Magisk (alpha) that is in the boot images in post #1 of this very thread. It has no option to revert to "stock" Magisk, but does have a place where I could enter a "custom" URL for updates if only I knew the correct URL.
So try to directly install the latest Official Magisk app from there : https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases/download/v25.1/Magisk-v25.1.apk
It should overwrite this alpha things, and let you update magisk to the latest one

mlord

Aug 18, 2014
If we had a correct C.48 (or C.61) boot image with proper Magisk 25.1 from github, there would be no issue with this. But the boot images in post #1 of this thread have been replaced with ones that use this mysterious "alpha" version of Magisk. Probably a crypto miner or something. :)

I am reluctant now to retry the C.61 update, because there is no way to get Magisk back if something goes wrong on C.61. At least not until we have boot images for it.

mlord

Aug 18, 2014
So try to directly install the latest Official Magisk app from there : https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases/download/v25.1/Magisk-v25.1.apk
It should overwrite this alpha things, and let you update magisk to the latest one
That just leaves me with TWO Magisk apps installed, one called "alpha", as well as the official one. And the official one has no "direct install" option when done this way at this point, just "Select and Patch a File", for which I lack sufficient information.

mlord

Aug 18, 2014
So, here's what I'm trying: I have completely uninstalled the "alpha" Magisk from post #1 of this thread, and installed the app for Magisk 25.1 from github. I used the 25.1 app to patch the stock boot.img file from post #1 of this thread, which gives me a new file in /sdcard/Download: magisk_patched-25100_pHnSC.img

I can then do "fastboot boot magisk_patched-25100_pHnSC.img", which boots up and then the Magisk 25.1 app finally gives me a "direct install" option. Did that, now all back on 25.1. Whew.

So, were I now to update to the OTA C.61, in theory it should be able to reinstall images before the final reboot.

QUESTION: If I get C.61 up and running, how can I extract (to a PC over adb) the original (or magisk patched) boot image for later use, and/or for posting here?

I have taken the C.61 OTA image.zip file, unpacked it and then extracted boot.img from that using the payload-dumper-go utility. But it just gave me a zero-length file. I wonder if that means it is unchanged from C.48?

Last edited:

m0d hipp¥

Sep 27, 2006
If I'm not mistaken the c61 is only an incremental update, and I'm not sure about others experience with this, but if I download the incremental c61 zip update (approx 1.5Gb) and then pull the payload file from it to try and extract the boot.img I get an error and nothing gets extracted. I think you can ONLY extract the boot.img from "full" updates not incremental.

That being said the last stable "full" update is the c48 version. If I'm correct that boot img should work for the c61 incremental update too.

I'm about to test this for myself. I downloaded the global c48 full img from the 1st post and am extracting the img's from it right now. Once I get the boot.img I'll try to patch it using the newest version of Magisk (25.1) and see how it goes.

EDIT:
Well no luck for me. I am not sure if I can go backwards right now outside of wiping my entire phone which I really don't want to do. If anyone can figure this out, that would be helpful. I will say that the boot.img file is significantly bigger than the other ones I had. The old one was around 95mb, and the new one from c48 is 196Mb (more than double).

Last edited:
Reactions: fatih.askn

Rebel021

Sep 21, 2014
Cork
OPPO Find X2 Pro
OnePlus 8T
If I'm not mistaken the c61 is only an incremental update, and I'm not sure about others experience with this, but if I download the incremental c61 zip update (approx 1.5Gb) and then pull the payload file from it to try and extract the boot.img I get an error and nothing gets extracted. I think you can ONLY extract the boot.img from "full" updates not incremental.

That being said the last stable "full" update is the c48 version. If I'm correct that boot img should work for the c61 incremental update too.

I'm about to test this for myself. I downloaded the global c48 full img from the 1st post and am extracting the img's from it right now. Once I get the boot.img I'll try to patch it using the newest version of Magisk (25.1) and see how it goes.

EDIT:
Well no luck for me. I am not sure if I can go backwards right now outside of wiping my entire phone which I really don't want to do. If anyone can figure this out, that would be helpful. I will say that the boot.img file is significantly bigger than the other ones I had. The old one was around 95mb, and the new one from c48 is 196Mb (more than double).

Top Liked Posts