OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-08-03-15-44-51-99_81acaadf7dd4290b3f605946fc8268aa.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-03-15-44-51-99_81acaadf7dd4290b3f605946fc8268aa.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 37

evidemment

Mar 24, 2022
Talked too soon... Managed to update to 62 BA and lost root... Can't root again as I don't have the magisk img for this version... I'll be patient 😊

But this is ridiculous... With my oneplus 6 I had no trouble updating and keeping root. Didn't even have to uninstall magisk. I just didn't restart the phone after the update, installed magisk via the app and rebooted. Everything was fine.

Now with the 9 Pro updating is a pain in the butt as I'm just a user and not a developer...

Reactions: aNGERY

evidemment

Mar 24, 2022
Thank you Steve0007... Managed to root... again thanks to your tutorial... Now I do hope I'll be able to keep root after next update. ;-)

The_Keeper86

May 15, 2015
nVidia Shield Android TV (2017)
You need the full rom file to upgrade when rooted. And there is no EU C.48 file.

What you can do is:
1 open magisk
2. Deinstall magisk
3. Hit restore image
4. Don't reboot
5. Take the system OTA to C.48
6. Don't reboot
7. Go back to magisk and install to inactive slot.
8. Reboot
I gave this a try with C. 63 and it still failed to download/install. Should I wait for the full rom? I'm on the global rom.

ChrisFeiveel84

Jun 29, 2017
Oberhausen (NRW) Gemany
if you are on india rom you cannot flash a us/global (aa) incremental update because india incremental and global incremental are different

You need a full global update when you will go from india rom to global rom

TornSack

Jun 26, 2013
I'm facing the same issue. Curious if it's a corrupt inactive slot? The update is trying to install to the inactive slot, right? Is there a way to copy slot A > slot B or a way to repair the inactive slot?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I'm guessing there won't be a way to update when rooted then? That's a real bummer and unfortunate.
    Open Magisk, hit Uninstall > Restore Images. If you installed Magisk properly, this will restore the stock images without modifications and allow an incremental OTA to finish. Once it's done, before rebooting, go back to Magisk and run Install > Inactive Slot. Reboot and you're rooted again.

If you get the error that it can't restore the stock images, you will unfortunately have to totally uninstall Magisk and completely reinstall it after you install the update. The reason the stock images can't be found usually is because people aren't doing the Direct Install method on a patched image but rather they're flashing images directly, whether pre-patched, or patched themselves. People need to get in the habit of installing Magisk the proper way by booting a patched image and then doing the direct install.
    I really really appreciate the reply! Unfortunately it still fails after restoring the stock images. I might have to fully Uninstaller Magisk as much as I'd hate to. I wish I could figure out why it won't update :/ If it helps any I actually did boot the patched image then did a direct install.
    Once you remove Magisk fully, if it's still failing even after removing it, there's something else that's not matching, and unfortunately the only way to repair that is to re-flash the OS. I had a similar thing happen to me that was keeping me stuck on C.62 and I had to MSM to 11.2.10.10 and start all the way over to fix it. These incremental OTAs are extremely annoying.
    You need the full rom file to upgrade when rooted. And there is no EU C.48 file.

What you can do is:
    1 open magisk
    2. Deinstall magisk
    3. Hit restore image
    4. Don't reboot
    5. Take the system OTA to C.48
    6. Don't reboot
    7. Go back to magisk and install to inactive slot.
    8. Reboot
    So I'm guessing there won't be a way to update when rooted then? That's a real bummer and unfortunate.
    Open Magisk, hit Uninstall > Restore Images. If you installed Magisk properly, this will restore the stock images without modifications and allow an incremental OTA to finish. Once it's done, before rebooting, go back to Magisk and run Install > Inactive Slot. Reboot and you're rooted again.

If you get the error that it can't restore the stock images, you will unfortunately have to totally uninstall Magisk and completely reinstall it after you install the update. The reason the stock images can't be found usually is because people aren't doing the Direct Install method on a patched image but rather they're flashing images directly, whether pre-patched, or patched themselves. People need to get in the habit of installing Magisk the proper way by booting a patched image and then doing the direct install.
    As no Full upgrade package is available, i suppose that's also the reason why Oxygene does not show an update available?
    Thanks
    I really really appreciate the reply! Unfortunately it still fails after restoring the stock images. I might have to fully Uninstaller Magisk as much as I'd hate to. I wish I could figure out why it won't update :/ If it helps any I actually did boot the patched image then did a direct install.
    Once you remove Magisk fully, if it's still failing even after removing it, there's something else that's not matching, and unfortunately the only way to repair that is to re-flash the OS. I had a similar thing happen to me that was keeping me stuck on C.62 and I had to MSM to 11.2.10.10 and start all the way over to fix it. These incremental OTAs are extremely annoying.