Question OnePlus 9 Pro Stock camera apk

Search This thread

m.p.a.

Jan 31, 2015
Hi XDA Community and OnePlus 9 pro owners,

I read that OnePlus 9 series is still using Sony Sensors but bought computational photography from Hasselblad.

Since this is "only" software based photography enhancement (similar to GCam) in theory it should be possible to port this to other OnePlus devices aswell.

That's why I am kindly asking if an owner of OnePlus 9 series device can share his/her stock camera app with the community.

So it would be greatly appreciated if you export the apk using Titanium Backup or similar.

Thanks!

Best regards,
m.p.a.

daviddosa

Sep 21, 2015
Livingston
OnePlus 8 Pro
I was able to extract the OneplusCamera.apk.
It's v6.2.22, and it's got all the nice orange features, and the Hasselblad logo on Pro mode button, but apart from a new Pro mode layout, I haven't noticed any new features compared to the version what I had before (v6.4.44 from APKMirror) on my OP8Pro.

The apk is from 11.2.1.1.LE15DA ROM, Indian version, the one you can find in this article.

I was not able to install it via the package installer by the way, and I had to use the Systemizer Magisk module to install the apk to /system/priv-app/ manually, and after a reboot, the app was usable.

You can download the APK from my Google Drive.

Edit: I have also uploaded the APK to APK mirror.

Last edited:

m.p.a.

Jan 31, 2015
It's v6.2.22, and it's got all the nice orange features, and the Hasselblad logo on Pro mode button, but apart from a new Pro mode layout, I haven't noticed any new features compared to the version what I had before (v6.4.44 from APKMirror) on my OP8Pro.

The apk is from 11.2.1.1.LE15DA ROM, Indian version, the one you can find in this article.

I was not able to install it via the package installer by the way, and I had to use the Systemizer Magisk module to install the apk to /system/priv-app/ manually, and after a reboot, the app was usable.

Thanks alot for putting in the effort to extract the APK from the image! Very kind of you!
I will go ahead, install it and test for improvement in photo quality due to hassleblad computational photography. :)
Best regards

Reactions: Sheppie

xxqxpxx

Oct 14, 2014
banha

I tried downloading from both sources and installing on op7t android 10 but i get error parsing package

daviddosa

Sep 21, 2015
Livingston
OnePlus 8 Pro
I had the same issue on my unrooted 8 Pro & I am on 11 with the March update.
Do you have the same parsing error, or it just simply doesn't install?
If it just doesn't let you install and you don't get the parsing error, you need to follow the instructions in my post.
You need to be rooted with Magisk and use the Systemizer module to install it as a system app.

Reactions: drKAIz

bigsnack

Feb 5, 2011
If it just doesn't let you install and you don't get the parsing error, you need to follow the instructions in my post.
You need to be rooted with Magisk and use the Systemizer module to install it as a system app.
I had the parsing error.

Feb 13, 2021
Can anyone upload the com.oneplus.camera.pictureprocessing apk from OnePlus 9 series? Maybe using that we will be able to use the Hasselbad's image processing on previous devices!

Techie Android

Apr 28, 2015
I have tried with multiple versions of the camera app from APK mirror and every single one does the same thing, it acts like it's going to start and then closes out.

I'm trying to get it on my OnePlus 5T. I recently switched from stock to LineagOS 18.1, I already have magisk root and the systemizer module. So technically it should work.

Techie Android

Apr 28, 2015
I tried systemizing the camera app using the other dir option and the same thing happened. I try to open the camera after rebooting and it looks like it's about to work, it prompts for permissions and then closes, after the initial prompting of permissions it doesn't do it for future attempts, instead it just instantly closes.

I also noticed that the gallery app has weird problems such as not displaying photos or information after you click on them.

Feb 13, 2021

Edit:

Can you share the com.oneplus.camera.pictureprocessing apk?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FYI - if you need recent files from the ROM, you can always find the latest ROM dumps here:
    How to install this one? :)
    Like any normal apk. Just click install. For the camera app itself you need root
    Oh damn. I installed it and forgot to backup the 8 pro's picture processing. Do you guys have a copy?
    Go on Camera app info! You'll see three dots on top... Then uninstall the update...
    Damn i can't seem to find it.. oh well.. sorry kinda new to this kind of stuff
    Sorry! It's my fault! Go to settings->app & notification-> see all apps->show system apps(3 dots on top)-> search that com.oneplus.camera.pictureprocessing-> uninstall the update (3 dots on top)!
    Can't find the 'com.oneplus.camera.pictureprocessing' do you know the location of the apk? :) Thanks!
    If you have an OnePlus 9/9Pro use an APK extractor from Play Store and you'll find all the system apps! Unless, OnePlus use different name for hasselblad's image processing!

FYI - if you need recent files from the ROM, you can always find the latest ROM dumps here:

Thanks alot for putting in the effort to extract the APK from the image! Very kind of you!
    I will go ahead, install it and test for improvement in photo quality due to hassleblad computational photography. :)
    Best regards
    I had the same issue on my unrooted 8 Pro & I am on 11 with the March update.
    Can't find the 'com.oneplus.camera.pictureprocessing' do you know the location of the apk? :) Thanks!
    If you have an OnePlus 9/9Pro use an APK extractor from Play Store and you'll find all the system apps! Unless, OnePlus use different name for hasselblad's image processing!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone