• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question OnePlus 9 Pro Stock camera apk

Search This thread

MightySashiman

Apr 15, 2010
Lausanne
OnePlus 6T
Tried installing it (systemizing the camera apk (version on apkmirror: 6.2.67) to priv-app and installing normally the pictureprocessing app 5.8.54) on my Oneplus 6T with LineageOS 18.1 (Android 11) rooted, and the camera opens but silently-closes immediately :(

batkenobi

Oct 7, 2018
Don't think there'll be a non-root sideload version for this soon unless OnePlus wills it.

EDIT: which is such a shame as the older phones have the capable hardware but not the software to keep on par.

Red Prez16

Feb 18, 2020
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
OnePlus 9 Pro
I was able to extract the OneplusCamera.apk.
It's v6.2.22, and it's got all the nice orange features, and the Hasselblad logo on Pro mode button, but apart from a new Pro mode layout, I haven't noticed any new features compared to the version what I had before (v6.4.44 from APKMirror) on my OP8Pro.

The apk is from 11.2.1.1.LE15DA ROM, Indian version, the one you can find in this article.

I was not able to install it via the package installer by the way, and I had to use the Systemizer Magisk module to install the apk to /system/priv-app/ manually, and after a reboot, the app was usable.

You can download the APK from my Google Drive.

Edit: I have also uploaded the APK to APK mirror.
Hey! I followed your instructions and all that, but it's still not opening for me. Like it did, asked for permissions, and then it just closed. Any ideas?

sumfahg

Aug 30, 2021
So there were a few APKs shared on this thread, and I'm not quite sure which one each does. Of the links shared, which one, if any, is the camera app from the OnePlus 9 Pro? I installed LineageOS on my 9 Pro, and as such no longer have access to the stock camera app and the benefits thereof with Hasselbad Pro Mode. Will any of the APKs posted let me restore this functionality to my 9 Pro?

Libra420T

Jun 20, 2018
Pennsylvania
OnePlus 7T
OnePlus 8T
This is because there is alot more to be added then just a single apk??? opcamera services, sources, and more to make camera not only appear but actually work 😉. Just give the devs some time and like every other oneplus phone. they'll get the camera ported.... You could always donate to your Maintainer in charge of current rom of choice 😊 👍

sumfahg

Aug 30, 2021
This is because there is alot more to be added then just a single apk??? opcamera services, sources, and more to make camera not only appear but actually work 😉. Just give the devs some time and like every other oneplus phone. they'll get the camera ported.... You could always donate to your Maintainer in charge of current rom of choice 😊 👍
Was not aware that there was a past history of OP camera apps getting ported, thank you for the info. I'll try and find the Maintainer for the OP 9 Pro and send him a donation.

sumfahg

Aug 30, 2021
Was not aware that there was a past history of OP camera apps getting ported, thank you for the info. I'll try and find the Maintainer for the OP 9 Pro and send him a donation.
I reached out to the lemonadep maintainers and it sounds like neither one of them is interested in porting the stock camera app over to LineageOS, so if this port happens at all it'll have to happen through the community. Unfortunately I don't have the knowhow necessary to even begin doing something like this.

Libra420T

Jun 20, 2018
Pennsylvania
OnePlus 7T
OnePlus 8T
I reached out to the lemonadep maintainers and it sounds like neither one of them is interested in porting the stock camera app over to LineageOS, so if this port happens at all it'll have to happen through the community. Unfortunately I don't have the knowhow necessary to even begin doing something like this.
crDroid is most definitely working on OOS camera 😊 👍

Reactions: sumfahg

sumfahg

Aug 30, 2021
Glad to hear it! How does crDroid play with microG? I'm currently using LOS with microG preinstalled from migroG's website, is the install process on cr similarly straightforward? Also, apologies if this is a stupid question, but is there a way for me to upgrade from LOS lemonadep to crDroid lemonadep without losing my installed apps and data?

Buslova

Jan 11, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro
Glad to hear it! How does crDroid play with microG? I'm currently using LOS with microG preinstalled from migroG's website, is the install process on cr similarly straightforward? Also, apologies if this is a stupid question, but is there a way for me to upgrade from LOS lemonadep to crDroid lemonadep without losing my installed apps and data?
I believe crDroid is still a LOS based ROM. I know it was possible to use microG on crDroid on previous devices I've owned and if they're still LOS based it probably still is on this device too. As far as the upgrade from LOS to crDroid, I wouldn't suggest just flashing overtop your LOS install. Backup your apps/data with your backup app of choice and do a clean install. It's always the best bet. I too am hoping/waiting for crDroid to port OOS' camera package. Good thing OOS isn't terrible imo so I can live with it till then. If this was a Samsung device however AND the bootloader wasn't locked down (which almost all their Qualcomm devices are) I would have rooted/replaced bootloader/flashed any new ROM regardless of camera situation on day 1 of owning it. While their UI overlay isn't as bad as it used to be, it still feels clunky and bloated to me.

Reactions: sumfahg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I believe crDroid is still a LOS based ROM. I know it was possible to use microG on crDroid on previous devices I've owned and if they're still LOS based it probably still is on this device too. As far as the upgrade from LOS to crDroid, I wouldn't suggest just flashing overtop your LOS install. Backup your apps/data with your backup app of choice and do a clean install. It's always the best bet. I too am hoping/waiting for crDroid to port OOS' camera package. Good thing OOS isn't terrible imo so I can live with it till then. If this was a Samsung device however AND the bootloader wasn't locked down (which almost all their Qualcomm devices are) I would have rooted/replaced bootloader/flashed any new ROM regardless of camera situation on day 1 of owning it. While their UI overlay isn't as bad as it used to be, it still feels clunky and bloated to me.
    I was able to extract the OneplusCamera.apk.
    It's v6.2.22, and it's got all the nice orange features, and the Hasselblad logo on Pro mode button, but apart from a new Pro mode layout, I haven't noticed any new features compared to the version what I had before (v6.4.44 from APKMirror) on my OP8Pro.

The apk is from 11.2.1.1.LE15DA ROM, Indian version, the one you can find in this article.

I was not able to install it via the package installer by the way, and I had to use the Systemizer Magisk module to install the apk to /system/priv-app/ manually, and after a reboot, the app was usable.

You can download the APK from my Google Drive.

Edit: I have also uploaded the APK to APK mirror.
    FYI - if you need recent files from the ROM, you can always find the latest ROM dumps here:
    Hi XDA Community and OnePlus 9 pro owners,

I read that OnePlus 9 series is still using Sony Sensors but bought computational photography from Hasselblad.

Since this is "only" software based photography enhancement (similar to GCam) in theory it should be possible to port this to other OnePlus devices aswell.

That's why I am kindly asking if an owner of OnePlus 9 series device can share his/her stock camera app with the community.

So it would be greatly appreciated if you export the apk using Titanium Backup or similar.

Thanks!

Best regards,
    m.p.a.