How To Guide OnePlus 9 Pro TMO Le2127 Converted to Global Le2125 OOS 13 OB2

Search This thread

dahurbur

Sep 24, 2019
Thanks for your job! I recently bought an OP9P from the TMobile company on Aliexpress, I am Spanish so I will stay in the EU version and later install Android 13 with the official Oneplus app.
Is it the correct procedure?
Can someone help me find the link to the MSM tool I need? Thank you very much.

tom78610

Nov 25, 2022
PARIS
After doing the phone conversion do you face any problems on a daily basis.Especially when you restart your phone with an unrecognized SIM card.are there things to do with magisk?

MENINBLK

After doing the phone conversion do you face any problems on a daily basis.Especially when you restart your phone with an unrecognized SIM card.are there things to do with magisk?
There have been several Carrier Services updates since OOS13 was launched and they all have improved the service and the SIM problem.
The only thing I have come across lately that on a fresh start or reboot, it takes a little while longer than I am used to for the SIM to come online.
Magisk has its own website and user guide and I suggest you read through it. John Wu is also available on Twitter and XDA if you have questions. @topjohnwu

Reactions: tom78610

fragonib

Dec 2, 2022
First convert to EU using the TMO to EU MSM Tool then install global firmware from the OnePlus website. Update it all the way to C.65 then install the OOS 13 OB2 firmware, go into settings and factory reset and your done VOILA ! Everything works including 5G mm wave.
Ey folks, I'm trying to follow the guide with some misunderstanding:
1- I converted to EU using https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...7-to-eu-via-msm-no-unlock-bin-needed.4272837/ until step 2 (inclusive)
2- I downloaded OP ROM OSS 11.2.10.10.LE15AA and installed manually

Phone still indicates model LE2127 and suggest me to update to LE2125.11.F17_2170_202211231111

Should I proceed with it instead of F16?
What about "Update it all the way to C.65" where can I download them?

Last edited:

Appreciative

Mar 6, 2015
Ey folks, I'm trying to follow the process with some misunderstanding:
1- I converted to EU using https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...7-to-eu-via-msm-no-unlock-bin-needed.4272837/ until step 2 (inclusive)

Phone still indicates model LE2127 and suggest me to update to LE2115.11.F17_2170_202211231111

You can find several versions of upgrade boot and apk files here:

Edit: The first post has an apk and instructions along with boot images. The second post has firmware zips for various versions

Last edited:

MENINBLK

Phone still indicates model LE2127 and suggest me to update to LE2125.11.F17_2170_202211231111

Reactions: fragonib

MENINBLK

The only way the model will change is if you follow the conversion directions and use the MSM Tool in the links provided in the conversion directions.
Otherwise it will stay as an LE2127.
The conversion process gets rid of the TMO ROM and overwrites the device with OnePlus OOS ROM and Firmware via the MSM Tool.

fragonib

Dec 2, 2022
Finally I managed to follow the guide completely and now my device displays to be an LE2125 on A13. Everything is working fine (I have not tested 5G connection because I live in a location without coverage yet ) but Netflix app refused to start or even to be installed.

It complains about "This application is not compatible with your device anymore.". I guess something related with DRM. Is that supposed to happen with the conversion? Did I make something worng?

Last edited:
Reactions: MENINBLK

Steve0007

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
May 10, 2009
Paris
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9 Pro
Finally I managed to follow the guide completely and now my device displays to be an LE2125 on A13. Everything is working fine (I have not tested 5G connection because I live in a location without coverage yet ) but Netflix app refused to start or even to be installed.

It complains about "This application is not compatible with your device anymore.". I guess something related with DRM. Is that supposed to happen with the migration? Did I make something worng?
Install latest Netflix app (apk) available over www.apkmirror.com.
If you device is rooted do not forget to add Netflix and netflix partner in the denying list.

tom78610

Nov 25, 2022
PARIS
I come back to give news on some point that I had mentioned above.

Now I don't have any problem.

Everything works as it should.

When I restart or turn off the phone, my sim card is detected and recognized without any problems.

Connecting to the network after restarting takes about 1min. Everything is ok for me.

A big thank you to everyone.

And I insist, when you do the TMo to EU conversion after each installation, do a clear cache wipe data and file .

Reactions: MENINBLK

MENINBLK

It complains about "This application is not compatible with your device anymore.". I guess something related with DRM. Is that supposed to happen with the conversion? Did I make something worng?
If you get something that looks like the attached image and says 5Ge, it is not 5G, it is glorified 4G LTE.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-11-26-18-29-48-46_3822ac0e29cfec8970059bb21d01f05e.png
    Screenshot_2022-11-26-18-29-48-46_3822ac0e29cfec8970059bb21d01f05e.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 34
Ey folks, I'm trying to follow the guide with some misunderstanding:

Yes you can proceed to F.17 you should be good to go !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First convert to EU using the TMO to EU MSM Tool then install global firmware from the OnePlus website. Update it all the way to C.65 then install the OOS 13 OB2 firmware, go into settings and factory reset and your done VOILA ! Everything works including 5G mm wave.

Phone still indicates model LE2127 and suggest me to update to LE2115.11.F17_2170_202211231111

You can find several versions of upgrade boot and apk files here:

Edit: The first post has an apk and instructions along with boot images. The second post has firmware zips for various versions
    I did all of this and am now on F.16 but unable to unlock bootloader. Were you able to unlock bootloader? I was able to before going to A13
    You have to unlock the bootloader while on A11. After running my conversion MSM, first thing you should do is unlock the bootloader before updating to A12/A13. If you don't, you will not be able to unlock it later without the unlock_code.bin

The only way the model will change is if you follow the conversion directions and use the MSM Tool in the links provided in the conversion directions.
    Otherwise it will stay as an LE2127.
    The conversion process gets rid of the TMO ROM and overwrites the device with OnePlus OOS ROM and Firmware via the MSM Tool.
    Hello everyone,

I am new here - I bought the LE 2127 by mistake as I was going to try and de-Google the OnePlus 9 Pro by flashing Lineage OS. So I have a few questions that I hope someone will answer as I am not a developer but learning every day. I have already downloaded and used adb & fastboot on to my Pop OS laptop and taken out quite a few google apps including the Play store and replaced it with MicroG and my banking app works just fine. I get the occasional error with Signal, but it still works. My concern with the OnePlus is a Chinese backdoor? Anyone know about that and if there is one on this model?

Here are my questions:

1. Are you guys in the US? I am in the southeast.
    2. Changing the LE2127 to LE2125, will that work with Mint?
    3. Once I follow the directions and change to the LE2125 - I should be able to switch to another Custom OS? Like Lineage, right? The LE2125 is the last model they support.
    4. Would I be de-Googled with OOS or do I have to re-de-google the phone again...

Mostly, what are the benefits of switching to LE2125 if you keep Oxygen; just getting rid of the T-Mobile apps? As I said, I am a total beginner, so any advice would be amazing.

L
    #2) yes, it should continue to work fine, you'll flash your current modem back in anyway (if android 11 or 12, some say 13 works) Be sure to backup modemst1/2 to be safe. Multiple users report success with Tmo mvno working just fine all across.
    #3) yes, you should be able to.
    #4) you will have to re-de-google because you'll be going from Tmo to EU using the MSM tool, it's a clean slate and like-new state.

The first benefit is flashing Tmo->EU allows you to unlock the bootloader without the OnePlus Token site. You can unlock it the traditional way. Neither way requires the sim to be unlocked but it's certainly more convenient than waiting a week.

I would recommend submitting to OnePlus Token site just to have the backup option/unlock token bin that matches your device. I submitted mine and immediately flashed to EU and unlocked. Then when I flashed back to Tmo, I verified the unlock worked either way.

And the cruise over to global/other roms.

The other benefit is not having any of tmobile's bloatware, animations, and preventing automatic updates. I don't know 100% for the 9P but the Tmo 7TP5GME, they force the update, you can't prevent it by postponement. Having root and unlocked bootloader also didn't prevent the update from happening. I've since read that the Tmo variants can push the update and restart (so you lose root because you can't go flash magisk boot OTA back to inactive slot). Others who weren't yet to the maximum postponement amount would block the download servers in Hosts with root and avoid it that way