How To Guide OnePlus 9 Pro TMO Le2127 Converted to Global Le2125 OOS 13

Search This thread

TheGhost1951

Feb 11, 2009
Garfield
OnePlus 9 Pro
Oh and I just tested 5G using a simple Ookla speed test app and I'm hitting pings as low as 11 ms and speeds as high as 600 mbps. I think this means I am OK...
You were talking about your wife's phone outlasting yours' as far as battery, it could be that you drive yours' harder than she does. In reality all the phones I have owned never lasted more than about 8 hrs with heavy use.

Reactions: SkOrPn

SkOrPn

Jun 3, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
www.planetamd64.com
You were talking about your wife's phone outlasting yours' as far as battery, it could be that you drive yours' harder than she does. In reality all the phones I have owned never lasted more than about 8 hrs with heavy use.
She definitely uses hers more than I use mine. She is a media and social media consumer far more than I am. I don't think her screen goes off for very long, lol.

SkOrPn

Jun 3, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
www.planetamd64.com
This should help.....

Also sometimes the website doesn't work so I would email OnePlus support and give them your email address, serial number, IMEI number, and unlock code from phone. The link will tell you how to get all the information.
Hey Ghost, I contacted OnePlus and got a response within 30 minutes. They asked me for my PCB number though, which wasn't mentioned on the form or in the XDA how to thread. I gave the info to him by dialing *#888# and now I await his reply.

mulletcutter

Jun 6, 2010
GA
OnePlus 9 Pro
Ok, now that may be an issue with ATT. I am not aware of a separate modem to address ATT just TMO when converting to Global. Keep your eyes open, ask for help in other threads relating to network issues etc. If I learn something will let you know!
I've seen a couple that have 5g not in tmo, but I have everything setup for 5g. Think att just needs to open it up for oneplus

TheGhost1951

Feb 11, 2009
Garfield
OnePlus 9 Pro
Guess this a rooted issue, but green light app just opens then closes. This like one of those money all problems?
Some apps have not been updated to work on A13 or A12 for that matter. I have an app that behaves the same way.... Just my 2 cents!😊 when rooted you can try to add the app in Magisk deny list in Magisk settings. That means magisk is hiding from the app.

Reactions: mulletcutter

MENINBLK

I downloaded the TMO to Global but everyone keeps saying to go to EU and I'm not sure why if my phone is a USA TMO phone. Shouldn't I be flashing to global oos11 (using the official tool) and then updating all the way to oos13? There just doesn't seem to be clear instructions anywhere. One set of instructions says this, while another says that, EU, Global, TWRP, Magisk, etc.

How do I convert to LE2125 or at least stay on LE2127 with the ability to root? Is there a definitive option that is better than the rest? I will follow the directions so long they are clear. I have never used msm, and I haven't used Magisk or TWRP since their very early days like almost 10 years ago.
The reason why we go to EU and then to Global is this.... The EU ROM does not verify before flash. This allows you to burn over the TMO firmware already in your device. Now going from EU to Global is easy because they both use the same Boot ROM so even if the Global verify before flash, it will overwrite because it sees a like Boot ROM. This is how we get everything to work properly. 👍🏻

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First convert to EU using the TMO to EU MSM Tool then install global firmware from the OnePlus website. Update it all the way to C.65 then install the OOS 13 F.17 firmware, go into settings and factory reset and your done VOILA ! Everything works including 5G mm wave with no root or data retention.
    Ey folks, I'm trying to follow the process with some misunderstanding:
    1- I converted to EU using https://xdaforums.com/t/convert-your-t-mobile-le2127-to-eu-via-msm-no-unlock-bin-needed.4272837/ until step 2 (inclusive)
    2- I downloaded OP ROM OSS 11.2.10.10.LE15AA and installed manually

Phone still indicates model LE2127 and suggest me to update to LE2115.11.F17_2170_202211231111

Should I proceed with it instead of F16?
    What about "Update it all the way to C.65" where can I download them?

You can find several versions of upgrade boot and apk files here:

Edit: The first post has an apk and instructions along with boot images. The second post has firmware zips for various versions
    I did all of this and am now on F.16 but unable to unlock bootloader. Were you able to unlock bootloader? I was able to before going to A13
    You have to unlock the bootloader while on A11. After running my conversion MSM, first thing you should do is unlock the bootloader before updating to A12/A13. If you don't, you will not be able to unlock it later without the unlock_code.bin
    Ey folks, I'm trying to follow the process with some misunderstanding:
    1- I converted to EU using https://xdaforums.com/t/convert-your-t-mobile-le2127-to-eu-via-msm-no-unlock-bin-needed.4272837/ until step 2 (inclusive)
    2- I downloaded OP ROM OSS 11.2.10.10.LE15AA and installed manually

Phone still indicates model LE2127 and suggest me to update to LE2125.11.F17_2170_202211231111

Should I proceed with it instead of F16?
    What about "Update it all the way to C.65" where can I download them?
    The only way the model will change is if you follow the conversion directions and use the MSM Tool in the links provided in the conversion directions.
    Otherwise it will stay as an LE2127.
    The conversion process gets rid of the TMO ROM and overwrites the device with OnePlus OOS ROM and Firmware via the MSM Tool.
    Hello everyone,

I am new here - I bought the LE 2127 by mistake as I was going to try and de-Google the OnePlus 9 Pro by flashing Lineage OS. So I have a few questions that I hope someone will answer as I am not a developer but learning every day. I have already downloaded and used adb & fastboot on to my Pop OS laptop and taken out quite a few google apps including the Play store and replaced it with MicroG and my banking app works just fine. I get the occasional error with Signal, but it still works. My concern with the OnePlus is a Chinese backdoor? Anyone know about that and if there is one on this model?

Here are my questions:

1. Are you guys in the US? I am in the southeast.
    2. Changing the LE2127 to LE2125, will that work with Mint?
    3. Once I follow the directions and change to the LE2125 - I should be able to switch to another Custom OS? Like Lineage, right? The LE2125 is the last model they support.
    4. Would I be de-Googled with OOS or do I have to re-de-google the phone again...

Mostly, what are the benefits of switching to LE2125 if you keep Oxygen; just getting rid of the T-Mobile apps? As I said, I am a total beginner, so any advice would be amazing.

L
    #2) yes, it should continue to work fine, you'll flash your current modem back in anyway (if android 11 or 12, some say 13 works) Be sure to backup modemst1/2 to be safe. Multiple users report success with Tmo mvno working just fine all across.
    #3) yes, you should be able to.
    #4) you will have to re-de-google because you'll be going from Tmo to EU using the MSM tool, it's a clean slate and like-new state.

The first benefit is flashing Tmo->EU allows you to unlock the bootloader without the OnePlus Token site. You can unlock it the traditional way. Neither way requires the sim to be unlocked but it's certainly more convenient than waiting a week.

I would recommend submitting to OnePlus Token site just to have the backup option/unlock token bin that matches your device. I submitted mine and immediately flashed to EU and unlocked. Then when I flashed back to Tmo, I verified the unlock worked either way.

And the cruise over to global/other roms.

The other benefit is not having any of tmobile's bloatware, animations, and preventing automatic updates. I don't know 100% for the 9P but the Tmo 7TP5GME, they force the update, you can't prevent it by postponement. Having root and unlocked bootloader also didn't prevent the update from happening. I've since read that the Tmo variants can push the update and restart (so you lose root because you can't go flash magisk boot OTA back to inactive slot). Others who weren't yet to the maximum postponement amount would block the download servers in Hosts with root and avoid it that way