Question Oneplus 9RT 5G not working or even not showing in settings. Anyone help, please

Search This thread

pintosarker00

Sep 13, 2021
Screenshot_2022-06-21-20-40-49-50_426a5588c5110cd01d5af17e47adb223.jpg
This is oneplus 9RT it was color OS. I installed OxygenOS after that 5G not showing. is there any way to fix it?

twizm_m

Oct 5, 2015
Download 5G LTE Switcher from the Play Store. Click 5G booster. Choose NR/LTE/GSM/WCDMA under Set preferred network type.

Last edited:

twizm_m

Oct 5, 2015
what's the update of this? Did you figured out now how to show up 5G in Preferred Network Type? or without using switcher apps.
There is still no way to set it up without the switcher app. From what I've gathered, it's because it's not a true Global ROM but a regional one (India) where it was officially released. So although the phone is capable, it's limited by software (so no 5G, VoLTE, VoWiFi unless using a carrier of the official regions). I've read that even if you flash with the ColorOS China ROM, the issue persists. We will have to wait if they program it for true global use in the future or forever stuck using the switcher app.

Reactions: Strain Grip

Strain Grip

Jun 22, 2015
Somewhere
OnePlus 9RT
There is still no way to set it up without the switcher app. From what I've gathered, it's because it's not a true Global ROM but a regional one (India) where it was officially released. So although the phone is capable, it's limited by software (so no 5G, VoLTE, VoWiFi unless using a carrier of the official regions). I've read that even if you flash with the ColorOS China ROM, the issue persists. We will have to wait if they program it for true global use in the future or forever stuck using the switcher app.
Even reflashing a clean ROM via fastboot of OxygenOS or ColorOS won't solve the issue unless you don't live in the China or India which 9RT was officially released?

twizm_m

Oct 5, 2015
Yup, that's how it currently is, as far as I understand it.

Also, a reason why the Android 11 rootkit won't work with the 9RT is it already seems to have some ColorOS programming - thus, entering the suggested *#800# for engineering code now just opens a feedback app - something that is also seen on the other OnePlus Android 12 devices.

Strain Grip

Jun 22, 2015
Somewhere
OnePlus 9RT
Yup, that's how it currently is, as far as I understand it.

Also, a reason why the Android 11 rootkit won't work with the 9RT is it already seems to have some ColorOS programming - thus, entering the suggested *#800# for engineering code now just opens a feedback app - something that is also seen on the other OnePlus Android 12 devices.
Our device (9RT) just received Android 12 stable update. I hope it'll fix these network connectivity issues. Have you updated yours?

twizm_m

Oct 5, 2015
Our device (9RT) just received Android 12 stable update. I hope it'll fix these network connectivity issues. Have you updated yours?
Oh! I just checked. Didn't realize there was a new update available. Thanks! I'll let you know in case anything new comes up that fixes our issue(s).

Update: I updated to 12.1 - unfortunately, I still require the switcher app to force 5G.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    what's the update of this? Did you figured out now how to show up 5G in Preferred Network Type? or without using switcher apps.